RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Can Rod Bearings After Oil Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 04:26 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by pradaonly
I cant believe people is telling you to get a new motor or go get a tech ,....no wonder people get ripped off cause their to afraid to get dirty ...i have had 13 Lexus in the past 2 years and i have don't myself 4 rod bearing on this cars, sure one of them i had to send to the machine shop to get the crank done but the other ones i did myself and i had no idea about it. got me the book, read up on the specs and got me a torch ranch and two years later i still have it .. People here think that the best solution on things are to replace the items each car costed me aprox 98 DOLLARS WITH THE OIL IN MY OPINION MAKE SURE YOU GOT THE TOOLS, TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED AND GET TO WORK **** THE NW ENGINE AND F,,, THE TECH ITS TAKES 4 HRS TO BE DONE
You're either understating the cost or rebuilding those spun bearing motors wrong if it takes approximately $98. In the unlikelihood you are doing things right in 4 hrs, theres a high paying F1 team that wants your services.

If salvageable, the crank needs to be polished, need bearings, connecting rod, oil pump and pickup at minimum.
Old 05-05-15, 06:45 AM
pradaonly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I know that it seems to good to be true, but i have been a dealer for way to long and have family in the junk yard business. For the gentleman asking all the spec question and about my cars, yes if you actually read my post I said I kept one for my Fiancée and we torched it at 22 f lbs, 264 in lbs and it’s still running like a champ. You probably work for a dealer and have that mentality that if you take the timing belt you must do tensioner and pulleys and so on and so on and that’s that why when you go to a dealer for a 100 dollar repair your bill is more likely to be $70 ...
edit lines removed
.. Thank for all the comment but I like to encourage people not cripple them.

You can not advertise your business here .. Please read the rules.

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; 05-05-15 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Infraction
Old 05-05-15, 09:07 AM
VegasRX300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh...you mean a *TORQUE WRENCH. I though you were heating up something with a torch.
I have my Grandfathers torque wrench plus two newer ones. Granddads still works great.
Seriously, you still don't understand.
When you spun a rod bearing and hear it knocking, tolerances have gone and you have damaged the crank. Just because you dropped the pan and put some new bearings in without fixing the crank and torque the new bearings to spec, that did not fix the problem that a damaged bearing caused.
Let put it another way. If you have a part that is out of tolerance, it is not a usable part according to design intent. Meaning...its going to fail.
Good luck with your sales.
Old 05-05-15, 09:15 AM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I happen to agree with vegas above here on this one. I know quite a bit about cars. I am not 100% technically full of knowledge that is in depth; however; as far as the bearings go; I do know that bearings are like one of the main integral parts of any engine; and if those take a dump for whatever reason; your engine is pretty much toast. And in order to have any remote possibility of it running correctly; all the things that vegas mentioned are I believe from what I know true. It takes quite a bit of $ and time, etc to recover a engine from a spun bearing(s) at which point you are more likely better off looking for a rebuilt engine than trying to recover the one that has gone south. Even if your fiances lexus may be running right at the present time; it may not be long before something happens again.
Old 05-05-15, 10:30 AM
pradaonly
Driver School Candidate

Ok no problem if you want to change the whole thing do it, everyone WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO DO, I AM MORE LIKE A RISK TAKER Can you give me permission to do so? You know why successful people are cheap because if they can spend $98 instead of $1200 then why would u??? I ill just buy another one at the auction then. This is a matter of agree to disagree sometimes I lose but sometimes I win and when win I win big, if I lose I only lost 98 dollars. 2 years later I won big time I only have $500 into this car and drives as good as yours so your still going to tell me that am screwed? Just let it go and let me spend my money and fix my cars how I want. I don’t care about parts on these cars I care about money in my bank. By the way torch is really funny when you learn to write and read 4 languages will talk haha
Old 05-05-15, 02:11 PM
VegasRX300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This forum is for people who want help fixing their cars. You obviously think you don't need help and think people are stupid for paying for what needs to be done..You are more than welcome to contribute to helping but not to slam people outright.

I will not be responding to any more of your comments.

Last edited by VegasRX300; 05-05-15 at 04:25 PM. Reason: to take off something I said in Italian.
Old 05-05-15, 03:08 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

This is getting too personal for every ones comfort.

Please stop posting. If you desire to communicate please use PM and spare the rest of the community.

One more exchange and this thread will be locked.

Also I have deleted the posts that for all I know can be complementing each other but any time you spent on the computer writing them has been lost.

Salim
Old 05-06-15, 06:19 AM
kalali
Pole Position

This is too funny. The OP had asked the question almost 3 years ago and people are still fighting over whose d**k is bigger!!!
Old 05-07-15, 07:56 AM
pradaonly
Driver School Candidate

Everyone is totally right i just want to help people with this issues so they don't overspend.. is that to much to do??? there is no help in telling someone to go to a tech or to do a bunch of work that dont need to be done. Am sorry but i wish i could find someone to encourage me like am doing with you. FYI I bought a 2006 es with knocking rods i did what i always do but this time i only spend 49 dollars for some oversize bearings and i tell you the cars its been driving 80 miles per day for 7 days am driving the car so i know how it came out, and its driving perfect not ONE TICK so why would i spend $1000 when it took 3 hours and $$$48 dollars .........Please prove me wrong I PROMISE I WONT WRITE MORE ON HERE NO REASON TO BLOCK THREATS AFTER ALL THEY DON'T HELP ME AT ALL ...SO YOU GUYS KEEPS SPENDING WHILE I KEEP SAVING AND BUYING CARS A LOT NEWER THAN YOURS
Old 05-07-15, 07:48 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts
Default Blocked.

At this time no new information being added for the benefit of readers and it is a rehash of old stuff.

To avoid further baiting and rehash of old stuff, I am locking this thread as promised.

Salim