RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Great online deals at Advance Autoparts

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-11, 06:22 PM
IndyRX300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great online deals at Advance Autoparts

I just picked up 8 - NGK Laser Platinum Spark Plugs for my 540i (I know its not a Lexus) . The stealership wanted $22.75 a piece. I found them at advanced autoparts for $9.09 per plug. Good start right???

Then I just wondered if advanced was having any black friday deals online. Yup

Applied Promotion: ES123
$10 off orders of $30 or more - $20 off orders of $50 or more - $30 off orders of $100 or more!
x Remove
Promotion: BLACK
Get 20% off your order! Spend $100+ and get $50 coupon off $100 or more future order. Coupons will be emailed on December 9, to those with qualifying orders.

Begining total - $72.72

After first discount - $58.72

After second discount - $ 52.72

Old 11-27-11, 06:07 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I have gotten some good prices in there stores the past few days to do some brake work. Sometimes I do go with the Lexus/Toyota parts (depends what it is), but other times the aftermarkets will work just fine.
Old 11-27-11, 07:39 AM
99rx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Awesome. I have an advance auto about 2 minutes from my house, so whenever I'm in a bind I get stuff there. Just watch on some major electrical parts or major parts in general. I have not had good luck. And come to find out that they have crappy parts that normally get taken back. EX: Bought a MAF sensor for my great grandmas 00 infiniti i30t and they said it was the right one but it had 5 pins instead of 4 and it screwed everything in the car up. But I do buy a lot of car care products there...
Old 11-27-11, 08:48 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I only buy things at advanced auto, auto zone, pepboys or napa if I'm in dire need of a part. Otherwise, I buy OEM only. Most of the parts sold at these places aren't up to OEM spec, and aren't worth the money even if it's cheaper than OEM. Some parts I would buy from there, such as spark plugs (like mentioned above), fuses, bulbs. I've had to buy brake pads, and rotors from AutoZone before because I had no other option. They sell some pretty crap stuff at these stores, and some good stuff, but mostly crap...LOL
Old 11-27-11, 11:55 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 99rx
Awesome. I have an advance auto about 2 minutes from my house, so whenever I'm in a bind I get stuff there. Just watch on some major electrical parts or major parts in general. I have not had good luck. And come to find out that they have crappy parts that normally get taken back. EX: Bought a MAF sensor for my great grandmas 00 infiniti i30t and they said it was the right one but it had 5 pins instead of 4 and it screwed everything in the car up. But I do buy a lot of car care products there...
I frequent them as they're the closest (actually there are three Advance Autos that are roughly equidistant from where I live), but I also for instance find I can only get the Castrol 0W30 (it's got a slightly different label on it now) as Autozone or Pep Boys. Advance Auto seems to have the biggest inventory at the stores I go to. I also will go Napa to get Lubro Moly products, though Advance Auto now carries many of them.

I usually just get very small items more like bolts or other pieces.
Old 11-27-11, 11:58 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hypervish
I only buy things at advanced auto, auto zone, pepboys or napa if I'm in dire need of a part. Otherwise, I buy OEM only. Most of the parts sold at these places aren't up to OEM spec, and aren't worth the money even if it's cheaper than OEM. Some parts I would buy from there, such as spark plugs (like mentioned above), fuses, bulbs. I've had to buy brake pads, and rotors from AutoZone before because I had no other option. They sell some pretty crap stuff at these stores, and some good stuff, but mostly crap...LOL
I see some things at those stores I would not touch with a ten foot pole. I probably buy most of my stuff online at Amazon.com or other place like rockauto. I just like having the parts stores there in case I am working on something and it goes screwy on some little part. I had that issue this past week working on the brake hardware, but can't get to it until tomorrow at the earliest (family in town), but I was happy they are open when I need them.
Old 11-27-11, 07:35 PM
99rx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
I see some things at those stores I would not touch with a ten foot pole. I probably buy most of my stuff online at Amazon.com or other place like rockauto. I just like having the parts stores there in case I am working on something and it goes screwy on some little part. I had that issue this past week working on the brake hardware, but can't get to it until tomorrow at the earliest (family in town), but I was happy they are open when I need them.
Amazon is great especially if you have Amazon Prime. I am a student so I get it free. I can get items next day for $3.99. I have found a lot of car parts on there. It's great.
Old 11-29-11, 09:13 PM
IndyRX300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99rx
Amazon is great especially if you have Amazon Prime. I am a student so I get it free. I can get items next day for $3.99. I have found a lot of car parts on there. It's great.
I have never heard of Amazon prime. Oddly enough, I start working there on sunday so maybe I will ???
Old 11-30-11, 04:55 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Amazon is pretty fast on the free super saver shipping (for certain items that total up to $25 or more). I'll sometimes go a bit faster (one time for a window motor) if I need the part like now and can't get it conveniently locally. I just ordered some Redline D4 ATF fluid like a few days ago and tomorrow it's supposed to be here.
Old 11-30-11, 09:16 AM
lserlohn
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always find that the parts from my local Walmart is cheaper than Advance Autopart, Autozone.
Old 11-30-11, 10:12 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a battery for my 91 integra yesterday..

$97.99 before taxes
$109.00 total
+ $12.00 core charge.

total after all discounts $86.48..

not so bad for a battery they sell everywhere else.
Old 11-30-11, 11:55 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lserlohn
I always find that the parts from my local Walmart is cheaper than Advance Autopart, Autozone.
I wish they had a Walmart closer to me, it seems like it is 10 miles away.
Old 11-30-11, 10:15 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a optima red top battery from advance auto parts.