RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Driver Auto Windows up/down & door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-11, 10:15 AM
wing0
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Driver Auto Windows up/down & door lock problem

Got two problems and not sure if they're related.

The driver windows auto down/up function is no longer working. I have to hold the button in order for it to fully open and close. All other windows are fine.

This is rare, but sometimes when I try to unlock all 4 doors from outside, the driver door side doesn't automatically unlock. I have to resort to putting my key into the door and doing a manual unlock.
Old 05-15-11, 12:18 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

If it is one touch lower/raise not working, try reprogramming the pinch protection .. hold the button down and let the glass travel all the way down and the hold the button up and let the glass travel up all the way. Do that couple of times and then test the single flick.

Search door lock actuator for lock.

Salim
Old 05-15-11, 11:53 PM
wing0
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
If it is one touch lower/raise not working, try reprogramming the pinch protection .. hold the button down and let the glass travel all the way down and the hold the button up and let the glass travel up all the way. Do that couple of times and then test the single flick.

Search door lock actuator for lock.

Salim
Tried several full up and down operation on the window. Auto function still not working for both directions.
Old 05-16-11, 09:35 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by wing0
Tried several full up and down operation on the window. Auto function still not working for both directions.
If you are the DIY type, Lexmex posted a DIY on how to service the window regulator. I did not have enough faith and predicted that the fix will not last long. It has been many months and Lexmex has not had any problems.

Some serious diagnosis and repair is needed.

Salim
Old 05-16-11, 04:39 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

Salim,

Your faith may have been in the right place.

My window still works...barely.

I recently bought another regulator (still in the box) but I hopefully will get to it tomorrow morning. I have a hunch at this point that my regulator is bent somehow (given issues last time with how the 10mm bolts lined up) and got one off of Amazon.com

However, I plan to also take a look at the control module on the driver's side door and its contact points.