RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

What do you RX300 owners do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-02, 01:45 PM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nuclear pharmacy is in demand right now. Early morning hours though. My wife does the nuclear tech thing. We actually just struck a deal on a 2001 rx, so we now have a GS4 and an rx.
Remember boards are easy!
Also, there are some good deals on used lexus' out there.
Old 12-16-02, 04:15 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're excited about the RX kutscher - it's been great to me and I'm certain that my RX is going to an equally good home!

To keep in line with the topic of this thread, I sell ultrasound equipment.

cheers,
ck
Old 05-02-03, 11:49 AM
edison2001
Driver School Candidate

Funny how many Tech savy people tend to choose Japanese cars Instead of American Cars. Is it because we know they are better (Obviously). I for one, am an EE and when I graduated wanted to buy a Land Rover till i discovered that they were unreliable and very expensive, so I bought a 01' Honda. Just recently I started a small business and needed a form of transportation for my wife to go to business so I bought a Corolla. 10 months later I needed a bigger car so I was looking around dealers were asking rediculus amounts for used cars Honda CRV 01' $14,300 so I started looking on ebay. And after a few beers I placed a bid on a 1999 RX 300, the bid was for $18,900 I figured I wouldn't get it. Next think I know I am the winning bidder. So now here I am, a FRUGAL engineer looking for cheap ways to fix up my car. Forum has been pretty useful. Thankx Guys.
Old 05-02-03, 01:51 PM
ganglandstyle
Driver School Candidate

Adult websites--several paysites and many feeder sites. I do not use spam--only paid search engine and brokered traffic. I have not worked a real job in two years.
Old 05-02-03, 04:53 PM
zhenka
Driver School Candidate

I am a Business Systems Analyst/Real Estate Investor. I used to work for Corning Inc as a IT Project Manager in Boston. I was laid off 2001 and could not find a job for 8 months. Now I am working for insurance company together with my wife. Just bought RX 300 last friday. Wife wanted it for 3 years, so i got fed up and we bought it. Now, i do not feel comfortable driving it to work, because only VP has a car with leather seats So, my wife drives it.
Old 05-02-03, 08:35 PM
cephraim
Driver

I'm an Alliance Director for a Fortune 100 company.
Started as an electrical engineer designing circuit boards and chips in 1986.
Old 05-03-03, 01:09 AM
MyRX
Driver School Candidate

CPA working as an auditor. The RX is my wife's car but I use it more . I own a BMW.
Old 05-04-03, 08:25 AM
Pilot
Rookie

I am a Airline Captain for a major airline. My wife drives the RX300 and I drive a 91 LS-400 which I am very much in love with, and have spent plenty to bring back to like new status. We both are more in love with Lexus than any cars we have ever owned!

Pilot
Old 05-04-03, 08:03 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Cool 2000 RX

I'm a Technical Trainer for an international router manufacturer that targets the SOHO market....you might be surfing through our routers right now!

I got out of school 2 years ago, I'm 24 now, had nothing but a crappy tech economy and a big student loan to look forward to. I couldn't find a job for almost a year. Now here I am, living in La Jolla, CA (rated the best place to live in the country) and I just bought a black 2000 RX300 AWD! Life is good Its weird pulling up to work having the sweetest ride, the President and VPs all have Lexus models too but none as nice or new as mine, and I'm half their age, I'm so lucky!

Like that previous post said, gotta love America! Just work hard in high school, go to a good Univeristy, and then start raking in the dough.

I'll hang out in San Diego for a few years until I want my own house, and since you have to be millionarie to live in San Diego now, I think I'll move to Vegas or Texas.

Last edited by toy4two; 05-04-03 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-05-03, 01:36 AM
Lexterious
Pit Crew

2004 RX330

Am a management consultant, specialty in Information Technology. Many years working hard and never, never letting a client down. It pays off in the end. My first Lexus; likely won't be the last. When I retire, I'd like to have a fun sports car to tool around with and have my RX as the daily driver. Maybe the IS300?

Question: A worry is that clients will think I'm charging too much... Anyone here who has had a negative reaction (from others; possibly clients) from owning a Lexus?

Last edited by Lexterious; 05-05-03 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-05-03, 08:23 AM
DanielG
Driver School Candidate

'99 Rx300 and '00 Rx 300

I'm a patent and trademark attorney -- tech degree in civil engineering -- Its nice to know that when a car is built right and runs great people who work with technology gather.

We have had the 99 since it was new and bought the '00 this past February based on our experience with the '99. Both are low mileage cars.
Old 05-10-03, 09:25 PM
SCEMT5A4
Driver School Candidate

I'm taking classes through Excelsior College in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, but meanwhile I'm working full-time on an ambulance as an EMT. I work 24 hour shifts, and then I have 48 hours off...and in the time I'm off I run a mobile auto-detailing and customizing company. I just got rid of my Ford Expedition so I could buy this 2000 RX300 after falling in love with my mom's 2003.
Old 05-18-03, 05:04 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Wink Y2k RX

Contracts Admin/Legal for a Telecom Power Supply Manufacturer. Background was engineering, but I had an employer who sent me to school for contract law (and paid for it too!).

Lets see, high school, I had a 1952 Pontiac Chieftan, 4 door. All the guys wanted to double date as you could really stretch out in the back seat! Body was boiler plate and the brakes kinda worked - part time. For college I had a 58 Chev 2 dr ht. Am I showing my age??

We are lucky enough to have the RX, which is mine and a 02 RAV4, which the other half dotes on.
Old 05-19-03, 05:21 PM
MrRX300
Driver School Candidate

Talking My RX300 bought in April!!!!

Hi everyone!! Cool site...I just found it!!
Anyways..I just bought my Gold 2003 rx300 in April. And Its still hard to believe it mine when I wake up every
morning, look out the window and see it sitting there,
Far from being the rich type..I just saved up a nice sum of money and put a nice Deposit down on it.
Considering I have been driving a 90 S-10 Blazer that has 170 thousand Miles on it..I figured i should get something that would ride nice on the turnpike when i visit my family back in Pittsburgh. I live in Philly now
and work for a Company called Pindar Set. What we basically do is the ads for the yellowpages. In fact
yellowbook is in the same building as us.
As I said...I am far from the rich type..but I am 31 years old..single..and I don't waste my money on
unecessary items. So far I just love the car.......still in shock that I own it...but man..if your thinking of getting
one .......you will not be disappointed!!! Its luxury for sure driving.....worried about affording it...
just make sure you can afford the monthly payments......don't wast your money on items u don't really need......such as dvds,cds.........you only live one.....if u have the chance to get one...Go for it...i did....i was
hesitate at first......but what the hell .....they call me Mr. Lexus at work now.....

take care, Mike
Old 05-19-03, 10:18 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Welcome to ClubLexus MrRX300, or should I say Mr. Lexus , glad you are so enthused about your new RX!

Quick Reply: What do you RX300 owners do for a living?