RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Leather Reconditioning

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-11, 06:08 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 99rx
Yes i am very pleased with the results. He had to fill a couple of the deeper scores in the leather and repaired a tiny half inch rip i had starting on the side of one of the bolsters. I was very happy with the work in general and if anyone in my area(St.Pete) is interested, PM me and ill give you his info. Does anyone know how long I should wait before I start conditioning it myself? Or should I call the guy that did it and ask him?

I conditioned the leather the same week I re-dyed with no ill effects. No peeling or fading in 7 months. I plan to install the armrests tomorrow, I'll post some pics of the seat as well.

Oddly enough, look what came in the mail today!

Old 01-26-11, 06:31 PM
99rx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver
I conditioned the leather the same week I re-dyed with no ill effects. No peeling or fading in 7 months. I plan to install the armrests tomorrow, I'll post some pics of the seat as well.

Oddly enough, look what came in the mail today!

Can I ask how much those 2 bottles cost you? I am considering doing that, but would like to wait till summer like you had mentioned.
Old 01-26-11, 07:30 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

52 bucks delivered. That's for the 16oz size, I have leather furniture I put it on as well so I use an order per year. They have 8oz size if you want to just try it, that's plenty to do a car.
Old 01-27-11, 02:05 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Here's some shots of my leather today. The dye job is seven months old now and they still look pretty good. I think my next step will be to replace the bolster on the driver's seat when it requires attention again.

And new armrests!

Old 01-27-11, 05:52 PM
99rx
Instructor

Here's some shots of my leather today. The dye job is seven months old now and they still look pretty good. I think my next step will be to replace the bolster on the driver's seat when it requires attention again.

And new armrests!

Wow your seats look great. I am looking forward to see if mine hold up for the long run. And I'm loving the arm rests. How well is the color match?
Old 01-27-11, 06:08 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Thanks! The match on the armrests is perfect, I'm really impressed with the quality. The comfort is fantastic, I really hated those scrawny little OEM rests.
Old 01-27-11, 06:09 PM
99rx
Instructor

Thanks! The match on the armrests is perfect, I'm really impressed with the quality. The comfort is fantastic, I really hated those scrawny little OEM rests.
Ya, I do the same thing you do, i use the passenger arm rest.
Old 01-29-11, 08:17 PM
thug9030
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

When they recondition your leather does it fade it. Because I have that coco butter seat color and how long is the process
Old 01-30-11, 05:43 AM
99rx
Instructor

Originally Posted by thug9030
When they recondition your leather does it fade it. Because I have that coco butter seat color and how long is the process
It didn't fade it at all. That's the point of having them reconditioned. It took this guy I had do it about an hour in a half because my seats were so bad.
Old 02-02-11, 10:34 PM
gsenthil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silversport Leather

Anyone here with Silversport or Coach Leather? Reason I ask is that I have a 2001 Silversport and it is nowhere close to the condition you guys talk about. No pigment fade and no cracks whatsoever. I am about 180# and the driver seat edge does show a few creases but thats it. Am at 180k miles; i used to clean/pamper the first 100k miles but with marriage/kids a yearly wash/wax/clean is all my baby gets :|
Old 02-04-11, 12:26 PM
defo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gsenthil
Anyone here with Silversport or Coach Leather? Reason I ask is that I have a 2001 Silversport and it is nowhere close to the condition you guys talk about. No pigment fade and no cracks whatsoever. I am about 180# and the driver seat edge does show a few creases but thats it. Am at 180k miles; i used to clean/pamper the first 100k miles but with marriage/kids a yearly wash/wax/clean is all my baby gets :|
I have coach seats and the same creases and cracks are present....I think climate can also contribute to how the leather ages.....I live in phoenix where it is very hot and dry.
Old 02-11-11, 12:15 AM
BigMike32v
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99rx
if anyone in my area(St.Pete) is interested, PM me and ill give you his info.
PM is on it's way.
Old 02-11-11, 12:43 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jason, is that the guy that did my car? He rocks if you have him come out and do it every 18 months its cheaper since its less work (no repairing rips etc) I think he told me wait a few weeks but now im not sure I would def just give him a call. Looks great! Oh you dont need the trunk cover thingy do you?
Old 02-11-11, 04:36 AM
99rx
Instructor

Originally Posted by robertrios
Hey Jason, is that the guy that did my car? He rocks if you have him come out and do it every 18 months its cheaper since its less work (no repairing rips etc) I think he told me wait a few weeks but now im not sure I would def just give him a call. Looks great! Oh you dont need the trunk cover thingy do you?
Yup it is that same guy. Came and did it while I was at school. My Auto body teacher actually knew him so he let the guy do it in the Auto body shop. And no, i have my cargo cover actually sitting in the closet because I don't use it.
Old 07-18-11, 01:19 PM
Shed
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know someone who does this service in the Seattle area?

Edit: Ignore. Got my first quote, $350 per row of seats. Eek! Waiting on the ColorGlo quote.

Last edited by Shed; 07-19-11 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Leather Reconditioning