Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oxygen Sensor (O2) Bank 1, Sensor 2 DIY

Old 05-21-14, 07:25 PM   #106
timmui
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy602 View Post
I don't know what the "access cover" that they refer to is. Bank 1 sensor 2 on a RX300 is behind the cat and in front of the resonator which is under the driver's side and why the connection is under the driver's seat. Read the thread. It has good info and pics. The thread postings are accurate, I don't know about your service manual.
I don't either, but since I am not having issues with that sensor, I wasn't going to try looking for it. However, while crawling under my RX today doing a caliper swap, I took some pictures and one of them shows the wiring for the O2 sensor at the bottom, clearly on the driver's side of the vehicle.

I think I'm chalking it up to a typo that wasn't caught.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

timmui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 07:50 AM   #107
Rudy602
Driver School Candidate

I've noticed that a lot of service manuals have inaccuracies or leave out pertinent information. You'd think that if you pay considerable money for an alleged "factory" service manual, you'd get good info. but that isn't always the case. Who knows what gets lost in translation and editing - esp. by those who aren't mechanics.
Rudy602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 08:00 AM   #108
salimshah

I simply refer to the one under driver-seat as downstream sensor.

Salim
salimshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 12:28 PM   #109
timmui
Driver

I used to work for a US distributor of a Japanese precision equipment company and the literal translations were often amusing if not downright confusing. It's because of this job that I feel so comfortable tinkering with my Japanese designed vehicle. The parts diagrams look very similar. I swear that some of their mechies must have gone to the same engineering school!

Though I don't ever think they mistook left from right on any of their parts manuals. Easier to do if you have to manufacture right hand drive cars and trucks, I guess.
timmui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 07:06 AM   #110
Rudy602
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimshah View Post
I simply refer to the one under driver-seat as downstream sensor.

Salim
So do I - but a lot of manuals don't and this can lead to confusion, esp. with DIYs who have less understanding of the function and process involved and even more so if the manual says it is located under the passenger seat. It's nice to have this forum for the great info, pics, and clarification.
Rudy602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 07:06 AM