Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Heater blowing cold air

Old 07-24-14, 07:29 PM   #76
johnplatt5
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Thanks for the great writeup! 250 for both air mix and mode servo and my problem is solved! Looking forward to being able to defrost my windshield this winter!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
johnplatt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 05:17 PM   #77
BOMBSHOP
Driver School Candidate

Default possible fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX300malib View Post
So there’s someone else out there with funny temperature issues. I have written in the past regarding the NO HEAT to the drivers side only which is still an issue as winter is upon us here in Conn.

1. If you remove the glove box you can visually see the servos and adjust ***** to see them in action. You can see the servo move the vent door for the heat and adjust the defrost/dash vent/floor board direction diverter.

2. Note the vent behind the glove for the inside/outside air input which is servo 3 of 3.

3. In my 99 model there is a temp sensor just infron of my right knee when driving the vehicle. If you remove the lower panel, you can remove the unit and notice the fan speed change as mine did which I assumed meant it was working.

To this day I have no heat crossing over from the heater box to the driver side which is a pain in the butt. So, I had to be creative a provided a flex hose from the passenger side foot vent and crossed it under the air box over to the driver side foot area. Now my feetsies don't freeze in the way to work.

I suspect that there is a vent door fault inside the air box and I have no plans to remove the entire dashboard in order to investigate or pay the crazy price to replace. I have a 99RX with 180K mile and runs like a champ. Yes the tranny was replaced at 125K.
Hello I just seen a real cool video by a guy named froggy in YouTube about the problem that we share.. he takes the servo off and opens it..I've found to start with the clips furthest from the plug..and inside attached to the shaft of the motor is a worm gear that had some play in it not allowing it to engage the gear. You can check it's real easy and it's a possible fix if your is like that. It's for an IS and I have an ES and it's the same servo. http://youtu.be/s9S5B1Dn3j4
BOMBSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 06:41 PM   #78
Warvet369
Driver School Candidate

This is WarVet369 and i have read quite a few verzions of NO heat and i be,eive that there has to be a thermo controled door at the heater core and it is not working properly.SO i am going in feet first or should i say hands first and find out where that door is and either unstick it or replace it,but, either way i am going to have heat this winter in my 99 LexusRX300.

Warvet369--At you later
Warvet369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 06:05 PM   #79
cbrf23
Driver School Candidate

Great post, and I just wanted to add a little followup on the Froggy video that BOMBSHOP posted.
This worked for me. I found the video very longwinded and thought he went a little overboard with everything.

For me, I checked the slop in the worm gear and there was a good bit of axial play.
I took the motor out, checked it by touching a 9 volt battery to the two input tabs (lines up perfect).
Once I knew motor was good, put it back in and used a flat head (actually I used a butter knife cause I was too lazy to go outside :P) leveraged against the motor housing to push the "key" forward so it was tight against the worm gear.

I was in a hurry so didn't take pictures, but I sketched it out. Hopefully this makes sense.
Click the image to open in full size.
cbrf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 06:05 PM

Tags
250, air, blowing, blows, cold, dash, duct, es350, heater, lexus, mix, remove, rx300, servo, vent