Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY IACV clean picture write-up

Old 04-27-14, 10:01 PM   #121
salimshah
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longforyou View Post
Hi I could not remove screw for idle control valve, almost damage bronze screw. please help
Welcome to CL. Please read the whole thread. You will find various solutions. Just make sure you buy new screws for assembly.

Salim
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
salimshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 10:38 PM   #122
longforyou
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimshah View Post
Welcome to CL. Please read the whole thread. You will find various solutions. Just make sure you buy new screws for assembly.

Salim
As long as I can remove the screws, I have new screws to replace. What is best way to do it?

Thanks
longforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 11:14 PM   #123
salimshah

I use a hammer to seat the screw driver.

You can use slender locking pliers to grab the head.

I tighten the ones that have been loosened to relieve tension on the stuck one.

Salim
salimshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 12:53 PM   #124
DeadRX
Rookie

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. As listed in my thread only a couple weeks ago, I was having symptoms that pointed to my IACV. Today, I followed this DIY and (believe) I successfully cleaned my throttle body and IACV.

After removing the hoses, I saw the right TB was a little more yellow than the pipe closest to the firewall (where the IACV little hole thingy is). I made sure to spray well, and was very relaxed once I noticed the spray removes the gunk immediately.

Long story short, I made sure TO DETACH THAT DRAIN HOSE and then after I even stuck a paper towel up to get all moisture out because I really didn't feel like experiencing any burn off.

Started the car, and when I figured she should've cranked, I gave her some gas and she started right up. No burn off exhaust or smells.

Has run fine, just under 1k rpm ever since.

Changed air filter right after. Also, cleaned MAF and reset that fuse yesterday.

I'd say, for having not done work on my own car ever, this DIY was not only easy to follow but was quite self explanatory for someone who still has no idea of the process air takes through the box the TB etc etc...

Oh, and I didn't have any of the tools listed, so I bought them all and used them all. Except shop towels..I have paper towels!

The vice grip was definitely necessary.

One important point, I remember turning the IACV before I started cleaning with maybe a little feedback. Having not paid much attention, only now remembering what I felt, I can tell you that after the cleaning, that little valve turned quite easy.

Also, the O ring. Lol...glad I read that far into the thread. I noticed it as soon as I loosened the screws and made sure I kept an eye on it through the process.

So, to all, thank you.
DeadRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 12:53 PM

Tags
300, clean, cleaning, clogged, control, es300, iacv, idle, lexis, lexus, rx, structure, symptom, valve, writeups