RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Gen 2 Navigation Destination button greyed out

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 04:42 PM
TN3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen 2 Navigation Destination button greyed out

Hi guys. I've been searching these forum but there is no answer. I've recently updated my Gen 2 nav to V7.1 and now I am unable to input any destination in while stopped or moving or anything. Also the little world map is greyed out too. The only thing that works is the Map, no navigation. Do you guys know how I can fix this or is my Navi just dead?

Thanks
Old 04-20-08, 03:07 AM
csw285
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Seat belt Overide

Hi I,m trying to find a way to use nav on the move in a 2006 Rx300se in the uk do you have any info -Also i fitted a toggle switch in parallel to the seat belt clip switch as I am fed up with the bleeping. This shorts out the wiring so it thinks you are belted up- This works ok but puts on the airbag warning light- anyone know why? or is there a better way of fooling the switch.I suppose it could need an open circuit rather than a shorted circuit but I haven't tried it that way round. I thought there may be a can bus involved but the dealer doesn't think there is- Chris

Last edited by csw285; 04-30-08 at 10:44 AM. Reason: further problem
Old 04-21-08, 09:48 PM
TN3
Rookie

i'm not moving and i still cant use it.
Old 04-25-08, 09:26 PM
TN3
Rookie

no help? i'm desperate. please reply.
Old 05-15-08, 03:33 PM
HygieneDad
Driver School Candidate

did you ever figure this out? Same thing just happened to me!

thanks
Old 07-20-08, 08:36 AM
TN3
Rookie

no luck with mine yet. You?
Old 10-12-08, 05:42 AM
phranq
Driver School Candidate

The same thing happened to me...

I bought a used 6.1 off eBay, with a little wear on it... and upgraded from my original 2001 disc, and the same thing happened...

It will show my location on the screen, but will not allow me to enter anything, like desitination or home location, etc.

I thought it might be due to scratches on the disc, so I was going to return it to the seller, but if you guys are have the same problem with a brand new disc then maybe the disc isn't the issue.

Could it be that I got the wrong disc? The dealer gave me the part# & that's what I got. Not sure what happens when you try to use the wrong disc version.

Maybe I jumped to high a version at once? Somehow I doubt that's the problem.

Any help on this would be appreciated? Anyone try a dealer on this?

cheers,
frank
Old 10-12-08, 07:45 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Are you SURE these are the correct generation disks for your nav units? You can go back to the original version but it's not just a matter of putting the old disk back into the DVD drive. Check on PRIUSCHAT.COM for more details how to do this (you'll have to search the forum but the instructions are on there - I saw them in the last 9 months).
Old 10-12-08, 10:45 AM
blueridge
Pole Position

I posted the same thing here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=383620

I will copy and paste the post, seems like the same problem described here. I purchased the DVD updates directly at the Lexus dealership.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2001 with NAV. After updating the NAV to Version 7.1 from 4.1 the unit has developed issues:

1) In the "Destination" menu all of the icons are grayed out as if the vehicle is moving.
2) On "MAP" screen the "POI OFF" icon is grayed out.
3) Occasionally after some time some or all of the icons in the "Destination" menu will come back up, if I try to enter an address or change "Search Area" the unit will freeze up and return to the "Destination" screen to have the icons grayed out again.
4) The rare instances where I was able to enter an "Address", get to my "Marked Point", or "Previous Destinations" for navigation the unit work fine.
5) The Map, location, and movement is normal regardless of above problems

I have tried the following:

1) Unload and reload NAV disk
2) Pulled the NAV fuses as well as all plugs into the back of the NAV ECU
3) Went into the "Debug Diag" menu and selected "Override Drive" in case the ECU thought the vehicle was under motion
4) Preformed system reset from "Version" icon inside of the "Debug Diag"
5) As a last resort, completely removed NAV ECU and opened it up, removed internal battery overnight. Put everything back together and fixed the problem for a week.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-14-08, 05:42 PM
phranq
Driver School Candidate

Went to the dealer today, and they popped in the exact same 6.1 version (minus the scratches mine has) and boom-badda-bing, it worked fine - no greyed out features!

Thanks 1 & all for the advice...
Old 10-19-08, 05:46 PM
earldjjone
Driver School Candidate

I recently "upgraded" to a version 7.1 (gen2 system 01 ls430) disc and am having the same symptoms. I'm calling Lexus tomorrow as they have told me there is an even newer disc coming out this month. I bought my 7.1 off ebay, I'll never do that again (although it worked fine until today). I went to input a address and I spelled the street wrong, the unit said no such street and after that it would not show most of the destination icons including poi, street etc.Really messed me up as I was going on a trip and needed directions.
Old 10-19-08, 07:14 PM
blueridge
Pole Position

Let me know if that works, I upgraded with disks from the dealer this happened.
Old 10-20-08, 09:37 PM
blueridge
Pole Position

Has anyone tried a DVD lens cleaner disk? I'm wondering if that may cure the problem for people with current disks from the dealer and still having this issue. This is getting old, yesterday the buttons/icons came back for 5 min and now grayed out.
Old 10-30-08, 04:48 PM
TallerMike
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in the exact same boat with my 2001 LS430:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=52520

Anyone have any luck on this?
Old 11-12-08, 03:41 PM
TallerMike
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I managed to get an OEM 7.1 DVD, and it fixed all of the problems.

Quick Reply: Gen 2 Navigation Destination button greyed out