RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RMM exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-02, 01:19 PM
<:(((><
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RMM exhaust?

Does anyone have it? What do you think about it? Has it been dynoed?

Thank you in advance

Old 01-04-02, 02:35 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I've thougt about getting it, but have not yet wanted to plot down the $355 for it without first knowing what else I can get. I know borla offers one, but don't know much about it. I saw the RMM once on an RX and the tip looked a little too big. I didn't get to hear how it sounds

-Nick
Old 01-16-02, 11:17 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey, I have the RMM exhaust and it looks pretty good on my RX.. It gives a deep thoatty tone but not to much. Just right for a lexus. I just got a Weapon-R Intake and cold air-box today I hope that the combo does well because with just the exhaust it decreased my low end output, but made up for it at the mid to high end... Well I hope this helps....
Old 01-16-02, 12:41 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

You have GOT to show us some pictures of the exhaust! I'd really like to experience one on the RX before I buy one, but anything like that (intake, exhaust) may be far down the road anyway. I'm also interested to know how the weapon-r works out for you to.

-Nick
Old 01-16-02, 12:50 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

No problem... I could go outside now can take a pic of it but the car is really dirty. If you want to see it now I can do that for you...
Old 01-16-02, 01:01 PM
Driver School Candidate

Please do, sir

I'd like to see the brush guards too!

Thank you in advance!
Old 01-16-02, 01:05 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

OK I'll be back in a bit with those pics.....
Old 01-16-02, 01:43 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can see the WAAG brushguards on an RX300 on their website. http://waag.com/showroom/21.php
Old 01-16-02, 02:11 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys... Ok I just posted the the pics in the RX gallery... The exhaust pic is a little dark so I'll take another one tomorrow after I wash my car....
Old 01-16-02, 04:23 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Thanks for the pictures mrsypher! I've been thinking about getting the WAAG side tubes, how close are they to the body of the RX? I don't want them to be sticking out too far. The Highlander, Mercedes, and RAV4 all have sidetube accessory options that fit really snug against the body. I like that.

Can't wait to see more pics

-Nick
Old 01-16-02, 06:33 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Hey Nick-

I'll let mrsypher answer your question, but fyi, I have a nice new set of WAAG tubes sitting on the living room floor
Just came the other day. Once I get a chance to do the install I'll give you some additional feedback. It's kinda cold here in NY, so I'm just waiting for some slightly warm weather.

If I had some damn room in the garage this wouldn't be an issue. But that's another story....
Old 01-16-02, 08:14 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nick, The side tubes fit right on the side, just like the Benz. There not offsetted to much. Actually the side mirrors stick out more than the tubes. They look very nice and also gives it that dropped look.

TC, Where do you live in NY? I live in Greenwich and it has been beautiful. I hope tomorrow is like today so I can put in the Intake I just got...
Old 01-16-02, 09:27 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Sounds good mrsypher. I think the tubes will add a nice touch. Tubes...sounds funny. I think I may juuuust be crazy, it must be getting late.

RX300TC, c'mon now, brave the cold and get those tubes on!!! Nah, just slip the RX in the living room Did you get the chrome or black (matte or glossy) finish on your sidesteps? I favor the chrome WAAG steps, after I saw the ones in the gallery on the white '00 RX. Kinda odd too, because I have always been a gloosy black finish kinda guy, like mrsypher's accessories. When I had my '93 exploder and that was my finish of choice.

Oh, BTW, check out this site. It's the explorer I used to own. Loved offroading in that thing! http://www.tisd.net/~krisg/nicholas.html ...and please, ignore the chrome edge guards on the door. I soon took those flashy protectors off

Where is a good place to order these tubes...er...steps. Just saing tubes still sounds funny to me. I'm ready to do some DIY install on something, and these don't seem like they'd be to bad to put on...no drilling - so you can take them off and on with no harm, right?

mrsypher, you get that RX washed up now, and TC, I'm hoping for some warm weather for ya!

-Nick

Last edited by LexRX; 01-16-02 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-17-02, 05:47 AM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Originally posted by mrsypher

TC, Where do you live in NY? I live in Greenwich and it has been beautiful. I hope tomorrow is like today so I can put in the Intake I just got...
On beautiful Lawg Island (make sure you say it with the accent).

Yeah, I guess it's not too cold, but I've been wrapped up with a big IT project at work. Now that it's completed I can take some time off to get other things done.

I'd really love it to be warm enough so that I could get another coat of Zaino on the Rex. I hear the new ZFX stuff can make Zaino cure in about an hour or less now.
Old 01-17-02, 06:03 AM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Originally posted by LexRX

RX300TC, c'mon now, brave the cold and get those tubes on!!! Nah, just slip the RX in the living room Did you get the chrome or black (matte or glossy) finish on your sidesteps? I favor the chrome WAAG steps, after I saw the ones in the gallery on the white '00 RX. Kinda odd too, because I have always been a gloosy black finish kinda guy, like mrsypher's accessories. When I had my '93 exploder and that was my finish of choice.

Where is a good place to order these tubes...er...steps. Just saing tubes still sounds funny to me. I'm ready to do some DIY install on something, and these don't seem like they'd be to bad to put on...no drilling - so you can take them off and on with no harm, right?

mrsypher, you get that RX washed up now, and TC, I'm hoping for some warm weather for ya!

-Nick
You've done your homework Nick. I wanted the anodized silver in-steps (I think they'll look cool against my Black Rex and the the anodized matches the wheels), but the reseller shipped the black ones. I talked directly to WAAG and they are sending replacements at no charge. I simply have to remove the black ones and shipp them back after I get the anodized ones. Excellent customer service.

I wish I could say the same about the place I ordered them from, AutoAccessory.com. I purchased from them because they had the cheapest price: $249 plus free shipping. Other places will sell for $249 but the shipping will get you. I ordered on 11/26, they charged my credit card the same day. A month later at Xmas, I still didn't have my order. Everytime I called they aplogized and said somebody would call me back the next day to give me a status. No one ever called.

The WAAG steps are VERY unique because they truly need no drilling. They use these special T-bolts to hold the steps on in the drain holes in the body pan. If you download the install instructions from a place like Manik, you'll see that you have to drill holes in your body pan to install their model.

I spent a half-hour on the phone with the guy from WAAG discussing this. They are very proud of their design. Yes, you can remove them easily.

And here's some secret news: Look at this page http://waag.com/news/

The FrontRunner bumper guard will be available for the RX300 sometime soon! I like this design a lot better than a full brushguard. I even talked to the guy about fabricating a DIY skid plate for this set up (since they don't have one).

The only other company who's stuff I like is JAOS, but I can't stand the fact that their name is plastered all over their products. It makes it look like you're rice'ing out your RX300. When I mentioned this to them the guy became very arrogant. Not a way to win customers and expand your market.

I'll let you know how the install goes.

-TC

Quick Reply: RMM exhaust?