RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-01, 09:52 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers

Hello, long time since i have posted something, been busy... but i was wondering about speakers... Which ones do you guys perfer over the stock speakers? I was thinking about getting new speakers, a amp, and a woofer. Do you guys know whats good and whats not? need some info here. Also What are the sizes for the speakers? i only remember that the stock woofer under the passenger seat is 5 inches... Do you guys know the power outtage for the lexus sound system? i have a silversport, so its basically the stock speakers... I read that it said its 244 (max out put) or something like that then i see 230... so i'm confused.. thanks

btw... I am finally going to get a quote on my JAOS and most likly get them... i might have to install them myself...
Old 10-19-01, 07:26 AM
lexus4us
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Spinetews,

I am new here and a new Lexus owner. RX300 AWD w/Premium system.

This is what I found on the home page in the FAQ section.

What size are the speakers used in the Pioneer and NAK systems?

There are 7 speakers in the Premium and NAK systems. Two tweeters that measure 1 inch in diameter that are soft domes. The midrange/midwoofers are 4 inch round paper speakers, one in each door. There is also a 10 inch polypropylene subwoofer for enhanced bass response.

What speakers do you recommend for sound quality?

If I were to recommend only one...Dynaudio. No holds barred, extremely neutral, large voice coils and handles power extremely well. Female vocals and piano notes (amoung THE hardest to reproduce) are done with astonishing neutrality and clarity. Extremely easy to tune out if you have a 1/3rd octave eq or a parametric eq. A VERY wide soundstage, even with the stock speaker locations. Other good ones are Focal, Morel, Diamond HEX and a/d/s/. Morel liscenses the 3 inch voice coil and ferrofluid designs from Dynaudio. Their cone structure and MSP mixture are SLIGHTLY different...but this makes all the difference in the world. Focal...well respected high end speaker. Diamond HEX series is also very good with their soft dome tweeter. A/D/S/...very smooth and refined. Not nearly as neutral as Dynaudio but very easy on the ears. Excellant tweeter.

Hope this helps some.
Old 10-19-01, 09:34 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Spinteews is on the right track ... asking for advice. Not to discourage, but I doubt if enough REAL information will be available. I hope Lexus has done adequate research and hence we have a resonably good sound system in RX. The wattage difference you listed is a drop in a bucket. The power numbers are squared [15.62 vs 15.16]

The acoustists are very different in SUV/Truck vs car. The additional difficulty is to find a location for the add-on stuff ... Amp etc (open trunk).

Email me if you need help in Jaos install.

Salim
Old 10-23-01, 12:18 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THanks for the information... When i do get my jaos, email you for help salim... thanks guys