RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Got my teins

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06, 04:21 AM
yoon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my teins

sorry their not the best pics, but didnt really have time to go take better ones. its on s-techs with the stock shocks. overall the drop is pretty noticable. as far as the ride goes, its a little bouncier than the stock setup but not that bad. doesnt matter though, i will be getting airrunners and fabulous kit shortly. I will keep you guys posted
Old 09-15-06, 07:46 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nice, I had mine put in a few weeks ago. very noticable drop... but wish my rims filled the gap tho
Old 09-15-06, 08:28 AM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

That is hot! What is the drop (in inches) given on the product box or description? Usually it takes a week or a few for the springs to fully set in so you'll probably notice it settle some more. Just looking at both your RX's (LiqrSicc) makes me want to drop too!

-tc
Old 09-15-06, 09:26 AM
evilxlexso
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey LiqrSicc .... you got a picture of your car with teins on?
Old 09-15-06, 04:22 PM
yoon
Driver

Originally Posted by tcheung87
That is hot! What is the drop (in inches) given on the product box or description? Usually it takes a week or a few for the springs to fully set in so you'll probably notice it settle some more. Just looking at both your RX's (LiqrSicc) makes me want to drop too!

-tc
haha thanks. um i think the drop is about 2.5 inches all around. I'm not quite sure. the drop is really really noticiable to me, but not to other people i guess. i actually took the pics about 2 weeks after i put them in so I think its settled all the way. Not as low as I hoped it would go. I was going to put in a order for airrunners but judging by the pictures, I dont think I'll be able to tuck, so I think I might pass. I am working with another company for air suspension though, so I'll keep you guys updated
Old 09-15-06, 06:06 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by evilxlexso
will post it up sometime tonight... workin on my angel eyes right now. just took a break
Old 09-16-06, 06:36 AM
PolarBear
Driver School Candidate

Wow, really nice and get to work to keep them pics comin!
Old 09-16-06, 07:45 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

I like how you removed the Lexus and the RX300 on the back. The rear L takes a little more doing as there are two holes there, but thank you for the picture as I always wondered what that might look like on white.
Old 09-16-06, 12:21 PM
yoon
Driver

Originally Posted by PolarBear
Wow, really nice and get to work to keep them pics comin!
thanks man. just installed my hids too so i will most def snap some pics
Old 09-16-06, 12:24 PM
yoon
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexmex
I like how you removed the Lexus and the RX300 on the back. The rear L takes a little more doing as there are two holes there, but thank you for the picture as I always wondered what that might look like on white.
at first i debadged only the lexus and the rx300 and proceeded to the L. only after i took it off i noticed that there were holes. haha so i tried to stick it back on, and its been holding pretty good ever since. I may eventually fill in the holes as well as shave the rear wiper once i get my kit...
Old 09-16-06, 04:06 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yoon
at first i debadged only the lexus and the rx300 and proceeded to the L. only after i took it off i noticed that there were holes. haha so i tried to stick it back on, and its been holding pretty good ever since. I may eventually fill in the holes as well as shave the rear wiper once i get my kit...
I once thought about the rear wiper, but after using a Caravan for work (back to driving my RX) and not having the rear wiper work during the rainy season here (and needing it), will keep it.
Old 09-16-06, 07:08 PM
yoon
Driver

I once thought about the rear wiper, but after using a Caravan for work (back to driving my RX) and not having the rear wiper work during the rainy season here (and needing it), will keep it.
icic. well being that i live in hawaii, not too much rain. at least not enough for me to want the wiper anyways. it just looks a little off to me, thats all
Old 09-16-06, 09:04 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yoon
icic. well being that i live in hawaii, not too much rain. at least not enough for me to want the wiper anyways. it just looks a little off to me, thats all
You are right, it does seem a little strange with the rear wiper. It would be one big whole to fill...if I get around to it may ask my uncle how he would manage it...though I think he might say too fill it in with a plastic cap and then pour filler over it...thne paint.
Old 09-17-06, 03:34 AM
yoon
Driver

You are right, it does seem a little strange with the rear wiper. It would be one big whole to fill...if I get around to it may ask my uncle how he would manage it...though I think he might say too fill it in with a plastic cap and then pour filler over it...thne paint.
yea im actually thinking of plugging it with a piece of color matched plastic for now. it might look a lot better.. hmmm i'll probably start on it sometime this week. i'll post pics if i do end up getting around to it
Old 09-17-06, 08:35 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by evilxlexso

Sorry dude, been busy this weekend. It's about a 2 inch gap in the back and maybe a 2.5 gap in the front. But then again I'm runnning tires that are a little small. 245/35/20. So the overall diameter is about 1.5 inches smaller. When I get my 245/45/20s the gap should look a little better. Just installed my angel eyes too. Heere ya go:

Quick Reply: Got my teins