RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

successful install of AVIC-D1

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-06, 08:50 PM
frankyvang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TuanDang79,

Are you planning on making any more retro-fitting for the double-din? I know that a few members here would probably buy them from you if you are planning.

Let me know what price you looking to get for one. I'm interested in it.

Franky
Old 09-07-06, 08:45 AM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,
Can u pl post the pics and details. We need help about this.
Old 09-07-06, 02:38 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankyvang
TuanDang79,

Are you planning on making any more retro-fitting for the double-din? I know that a few members here would probably buy them from you if you are planning.

Let me know what price you looking to get for one. I'm interested in it.

Franky
Yeah count me in as one! I need to get my AVIC Z1 installed in time for our CL EOS event in 2 weeks.
Old 09-10-06, 03:15 AM
yoon
Driver

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
Yeah count me in as one! I need to get my AVIC Z1 installed in time for our CL EOS event in 2 weeks.
yep. if you ever start making those, I would pick one up in a heartbeat
Old 09-15-06, 11:31 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

me too... i have an AVH p5700 unit with XM Ipod & Navi accessories & i want ot install these in my wifes 2002 Rx300...
Old 09-16-06, 06:53 AM
PolarBear
Driver School Candidate

Wow, nice job and it looks really HOT!
Old 10-27-06, 03:49 AM
skippy911
Driver

Anyone have the information on what wires need to goto what on the avic or any other aftermarket radio for that matter? TIA
Old 10-30-06, 09:58 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

honestly I think it is best to leave this stuff to the folks with experience they seem to understand very easily how to make these work with some or all OEM components....

I am no Dufus & do most of my own work on lal my cars... but every time I try to get my head around all this stuff... I KNOW I will just mess something up if I tried it myself....

this is one time where i will definitely PAY someone with the knowledge & experience to get it done right& in half the time & with NO headaches on MY part ... ... esp when you start dealing with units with MULTIPLE devices connected ... like HU's with Navi units & Ipod interfaces & XM radio interfaces etc.....

It gets pretty complex for any one much less a "newbie" to car audio installation......it aint like back in the day when we just slapped a JVC HU, a graphic Eq/ Amp plus some beefy 6x9's & a couple Midranges & a set of tweeters if you were " Going Custom" ..... hahaha

I am about to have an Avic N1 with the Ipod/ XM & full navi setup installed in my IS300, with an amp & sub... & i cant imagine doing it my self

Also....I heard that a familiar company... like mettra or scosche is making an Aftermarket Rx300 Dash kit that will keep the OEM AC etc controls & also allow the Aftermarket unit to pop right in where it should.....

apparently it will not be cheap as they had to engineer all the switches etc & the P N P setup so it plugs into the OEM harness.... but i am waiting on a confirmation of this & then i am ordering one...

Last edited by edgy; 10-30-06 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-30-06, 01:11 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Please let me know when that kit comes out!

Originally Posted by edgy
honestly I think it is best to leave this stuff to the folks with experience they seem to understand very easily how to make these work with some or all OEM components....

I am no Dufus & do most of my own work on lal my cars... but every time I try to get my head around all this stuff... I KNOW I will just mess something up if I tried it myself....

this is one time where i will definitely PAY someone with the knowledge & experience to get it done right& in half the time & with NO headaches on MY part ... ... esp when you start dealing with units with MULTIPLE devices connected ... like HU's with Navi units & Ipod interfaces & XM radio interfaces etc.....

It gets pretty complex for any one much less a "newbie" to car audio installation......it aint like back in the day when we just slapped a JVC HU, a graphic Eq/ Amp plus some beefy 6x9's & a couple Midranges & a set of tweeters if you were " Going Custom" ..... hahaha

I am about to have an Avic N1 with the Ipod/ XM & full navi setup installed in my IS300, with an amp & sub... & i cant imagine doing it my self

Also....I heard that a familiar company... like mettra or scosche is making an Aftermarket Rx300 Dash kit that will keep the OEM AC etc controls & also allow the Aftermarket unit to pop right in where it should.....

apparently it will not be cheap as they had to engineer all the switches etc & the P N P setup so it plugs into the OEM harness.... but i am waiting on a confirmation of this & then i am ordering one...
Old 10-30-06, 08:10 PM
yoon
Driver

edgy, do you know if its going to be similar like to the one tuanduong made? or is it going to be just a single din? i know for a fact that they make dash kits in japan for our cars, but it is only single din and it goes right below the ac controls. a bit pricy though...........
Old 10-31-06, 09:37 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

The more I see that monotone tan dash, the more I want my uncle to paint that dark area around the center console.

One idea my father and I had was to hook up satellite tv to my RX300 via this device, http://www.slingmedia.com/

Basically you hook up your cable or satellite box or even just your tv and with a high speed Internet connection. You are set.

Then you would need a laptop with wireless and hook it up in the RX. Problem is down here, we don't have nationwide wireless coverage and local coverage is spotty unless you pay big bucks.

I don't the situation to well back in the U.S., but maybe someone can clue me in.
Old 10-31-06, 09:49 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Sniper615
just got my AVIC-D1 navigation unit along with additional dvd player installed(D1 doesn't play DVDs). kept the factory radio working as well as the cd changer. will post pics later
Hey Sniper615, when are you going to post the pics? I wanna see them!

I also installed an AVIC-D1 (upgraded to D2) in my GS400 and am curious to see how well integrated yours is, in your RX.
Old 01-23-07, 11:23 AM
skippy911
Driver

Originally Posted by edgy

Any word on if this kit is out or when it is coming out?
Old 01-23-07, 11:33 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by skippy911
Any word on if this kit is out or when it is coming out?
I'm still waiting too. Somebody keep us posted!
Old 01-23-07, 05:03 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same here ... getting tired of waiting .. i might just end up having someone make it for me.