RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Aux In for RX300

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 11:47 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbuck
Alright i did the install. What a piece of cake! Only took about 2 hours total. Everything works great, only issue is that when I have my amp on, nothing comes out of my sub. Flip the switch back to CD, and BOOM BOOM BOOM. Any idea what the problem could be? My amp is getting its signal from the inputs to the factory sub via an LOC like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eeQ3ERV...PL2&search=loc

Any idea on what could be causing this?
I visited the link on the attached picture. imho this is not the right product to interface ipod to the head unit. If you are interfacing ipod directly to Amp it might be the right thing.

Why?
Read the whole thread and other realted threads.

Once you understand differential drive (l+/- and r+/-) and level of signals involved getting to Lexus head unit, ground isolation (or its risks without), you will realize why the interface is difficult.

Salim
Old 12-07-06, 11:47 AM
amiricon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
Assuming switching is happening for you, then there are only two problems I can think of.

1. Gain (volume ... we discussed it previously)
2. Freq response. [the module should provide even response, low bass to high freq]

When you say "bang", it does not make sense to me [maybe my writeup also does not make sense to you]

The interface that I have built has no issues with the gain and the frequency response. But I am going ipod -> pre-amp out to interface module -> head-unit.

Not confimed but I have heard (hearsay) that built-in in-line amp in Belkin shifts the frequency response ever so slightly.

You may have to do A/B comparison for the installer.

If you change volume level on ipod and the sound level changes then you are NOT getting the pre-out level.

Salim
What do you mean by "switching"? And I can't change the volume level on my Ipod because the cable runs to the bottom of it. So what does that mean? I don't have anything extra in my car, just stock system. By "bang" I meant that the CD changer hits hard, the bass and clarity and everything sounds awesome on the CD changer but when I switch to Ipod it is much lower and it doesn't "bang" with bass like the CD does. So exactly WHAT do I tell these guys to do because they say it shouldn't matter about having the volume changed because the Ipod is a fixed source. What do I tell them to do to fix this problem and how do I answer them when they say having the volume changed shouldn't matter because its a fixed source? Please help, thanks!
Old 12-07-06, 11:59 AM
salimshah

I have edited my post, see if it makes more sense.

I wish I could help you more, but I can only comment on how I have accomplished the non standard mating.

Did the shop demo, it for you and the end product does not match demo? Was satisfaction gauranteed? Did they cut the harness? Can they put every thing back? Can you live with things as is?

Once again show and tell is all you need to do and if needed ask for your money back.

Salim
Old 12-07-06, 02:26 PM
amiricon
Driver School Candidate

I wish I could help you more, but I can only comment on how I have accomplished the non standard mating.

Did the shop demo, it for you and the end product does not match demo? Was satisfaction gauranteed? Did they cut the harness? Can they put every thing back? Can you live with things as is?

Once again show and tell is all you need to do and if needed ask for your money back.

Salim
Hey Salim, thanks for all your help. I went over to the place and they told me they didn't use a module that lets them change the volume of the Ipod because what they did was a direct AUX install. Whatever. But they said for me to get the peice and they will install it for me. Can you link me to the product you used for yours? I want to purchase it as soon as possible, thanks for all your help again.
Old 12-07-06, 02:27 PM
mwbuck
Driver

Salim
Just for clarification, the reason I posted the pic of the LOC was to explain how my aftermarket amp and sub were connected to my system. I fixed the bass issues just by playing with the EQ on HU and on the mp3 player itself. Still not as good as CD, but way better than before. All in all, for $15 in parts, this is one fantastic mod.

Old 12-07-06, 02:33 PM
amiricon
Driver School Candidate

So Salim how much is the module I need? I already spent $200 on installation and now I gotta spend how much more to have the module to raise the volume installed, wack.
Old 12-07-06, 04:04 PM
salimshah

amiricon:

My contribution(s) here are to help fellow CL members and not to conduct money making business. Nothing wrong in making money, but ethically it would be wrong to conduct it through this forum.

Visit my thread, IPOD DIY under CL Audio video sub forum.

Salim
Old 12-07-06, 05:24 PM
amiricon
Driver School Candidate

amiricon:

My contribution(s) here are to help fellow CL members and not to conduct money making business. Nothing wrong in making money, but ethically it would be wrong to conduct it through this forum.

Visit my thread, IPOD DIY under CL Audio video sub forum.

Salim

Salim I wasn't talking about YOU making money, I was talking about ME spending money and the shop not getting the job done originally. Can you please tell me what the product is I need to purchase for what I'm trying to do? I looked through all the links you talked about but I couldn't find the actual product you used. I couldn't find the module with the volume change and is that the only thing I need to make my install work? The guys at the shop told me to get the peice I need and bring it to them so they can install it. Let me know, Thank you.

Last edited by amiricon; 12-07-06 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-07-06, 07:26 PM
salimshah

I am walking a delicate balance here. I made the circuit board with raw components for my son and then had couple of prototypes made. I have been procastinating [scared to invest money to get to volume production]. I never thought ppl would spend upto $200. I had a target of $50-$70 for a plug n play units.

Maybe it is time for me to get cracking. May be with a bit of encouragement from the folks here

Salim
Old 12-07-06, 08:57 PM
amiricon
Driver School Candidate

Salim, I sent you an email to your gmail account.
Old 12-08-06, 06:03 AM
mwbuck
Driver

I am walking a delicate balance here. I made the circuit board with raw components for my son and then had couple of prototypes made. I have been procastinating [scared to invest money to get to volume production]. I never thought ppl would spend upto $200. I had a target of $50-$70 for a plug n play units.

Maybe it is time for me to get cracking. May be with a bit of encouragement from the folks here

Salim
im in for 1 at $50
Old 12-08-06, 08:32 AM
salimshah

Originally Posted by mwbuck
im in for 1 at $50
Not impossible but the volume has to be 5000+ units.
Salim
Old 12-26-06, 05:24 AM
cartechpr
Driver

does doing this is the same as this????
http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...productid=468&

this would be a plug and play solution..right?
Old 12-26-06, 09:30 AM
salimshah

It is hard to make the deternmination that the set up will give you plug'nplay, because the details are lacking but the generic claim are there.

Give them a call and find out. Also check which other modules will be needed as they have quite a bit of hardware for sale.... Or be among the first to try it out and share with us.

Salim
Old 12-26-06, 10:01 AM
cartechpr
Driver

There is one guy that installed it of sorts and said it sounds decent. Hence why I asked your opinion. I thought it was more known.

Quick Reply: Aux In for RX300