RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Newbie needs source of Service Bulletins

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-01, 08:12 AM
Todd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a 99 RX300. This has been my wife's car which we have been fairly happy with. Most of the problems have been minor ones: door seal wore through on drivers side, "D" light for gear selector light went out, numerous window regulator problems, auto headlight activator switch went out, key broke, trim piece on front window was loose, etc. All problems have been taken care of by the excellent Lexus service separtment. On the negative the ride is crappy. The RX300 nose dives when applying brakes and lean/roll is pretty bad. I will try the tire advice from this forum next time I change tires. I won't even mention the turning radius approximating that of a Humvee. I also get a bumping noise from the front suspension when hitting certain bumps, kind of like the bump stops hitting. Lexus hasn't been able to replicate or identify this problem which I have compalined about on each and every trip to the service department. Anyone have any ideas here?

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of all Service Bulletins on the 99 RX300? I have obtained these on other vehicles in order to identify and get as many things that can go bad fixed or replaced while the vehicle is still under warranty. This is especially handy in the last year of warranty coverage. Many times you can get an item taken care of simply by asking and citing a Service Bulletin reference number. This hopefully helps eliminate a couple items that may otherwise fail the first month the thing is out of warranty. This is usually my luck. Anyway thanks in advance. I will be visiting this forum on a regular basis and will contribute based on my experience as I am able.
Old 09-04-01, 08:33 AM
malhokc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try

http://www.tsb.com/TSB/74/99740513.html

It contains Automotive Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins for Lexus Truck RX300 4WD V6-3.0L.