RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Group buy for Wearpon R intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-01, 04:16 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol wow, all these somewhat harsh comments from both company sides... relax guys

Dunno but for my expierence, i went with weapon R, because i saw it here first and there was a group buy. Also when i called, Leo, the guy we are suppose to contact was really nice and very helpful so with the good customer support, i like weapon R so far.

I dont know about swiftracing.com yet because i have not tried it but who knows, maybe i will. But swift, its pretty funny how you guys seem to be bashing weapon R... Relax guys

HAHa o well, i just ordered my weapon R intake stage 1, they ran out of stage 3... and i live pretty close to their office and the guy i talked to there was really nice, i get off work at 6 and they close at 5 and he lives not to far from my house and he offered to maybe meet after work and help me install the unit... Good customer service, i like it much =)

Well hope i hook it up soon and see a good improvement =) once i get it, i'll post how it is
Old 08-11-01, 12:53 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Hey spinteewns,

Yes, thats fuuny how Swift are trying their best to bash Weapon R but try harder. Weapon R has not done nor said anything or have been bashing anyone. Just goes to show you how some tuners are like for your money.
Yes, please post your feedback on the intake.
Old 08-11-01, 05:57 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Facts talk, you know what walks...

First, I own neither product but am very interested in both. Second, I'm an engineer by education and I believe in science, not hit-and-miss product development or "it sounds cool so it must work" claims.

The question was asked about the Weapon-R products: Where are the dyno charts??? Without solid, repeatable proof these products are probably as good as the grapefruit shooters the amateur tuners put on their Honda CRXs. In other words, all show and no big performance improvement for the money.

Facts talk, where are the testing reults? If the company can show scientific fact, well, they've got my $$$ then.
Old 08-13-01, 05:47 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Once again, provide the dyno charts that support the # claims you posted. Seems like a simple request. Maybe that's asking too much.

In addition, Mo simply asked what the carb certification # was for the Weapon R products, as you posted that there were emissions legal product. I haven't seen anything to support these claims of the intake you make. Then again, maybe I misread that too and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Yeah, that MUST be it.

In the long run, I really hope these products produce & perform EVERTHING that they claim, as this particular market is VERY unforgiving. No bashing, just support what you claim.

Better yet, why is it that there is no pne DIRECTLY from Weapon R to respond to the numerous questions regarding their products on this board?

Last edited by lexlyf; 08-13-01 at 05:49 AM.