RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RX300 is Great, but.......

Old 07-12-01, 09:09 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ObiDon
I have to agree that some of the pictures I have seen of the "next" RX make me glad I have my '01. When I was looking at SUVs, on my list was the Durango R/T, RX300, Highlander, MDX, and the Sequoia. The Durango R/T , before the downgraded the chip, was very fast, but about 10mpg, the Highlander looks to much like the Volvo wagon, and the MDX looks like a minivan. The Sequoia may be in our future when our '92 Previa goes away, (145,000) and still like it for trips, but for me the RX was the one that I ended up with, and I am very pleased with everything about it.
Those pics of the supposedly next gen RX300 are probably photoshopped by some excited Lexus fan on this forum. I am sure it will look similar or even better than the current model, you just have to be patient and wait for it. Lexus will make it more aggressive with a more powerhouse engine that you can not resist.

Heck they won't even show a photo of the new ES300 coming out this fall, what makes you think they are leaking photos of the new RX300 that is coming out in at least another 2 years.

You will always like the newer model and the latest and greatest. We simply can not catch up, but can enjoy what we have for now.
Old 07-12-01, 09:25 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by lexguynj

Those pics of the supposedly next gen RX300 are probably photoshopped by some excited Lexus fan on this forum. I am sure it will look similar or even better than the current model, you just have to be patient and wait for it. Lexus will make it more aggressive with a more powerhouse engine that you can not resist.

Heck they won't even show a photo of the new ES300 coming out this fall, what makes you think they are leaking photos of the new RX300 that is coming out in at least another 2 years.

You will always like the newer model and the latest and greatest. We simply can not catch up, but can enjoy what we have for now.
I will have to say that the picture you have seen in the gallery of the '03 RX is most likely NOT what it will look like. It looks more like a doctored picture of the original RX concept. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the headlights did end up looking like the one on the bottom - similar to the LS430.
Attached Thumbnails RX300 is Great, but.......-concept.jpg  
Old 07-13-01, 09:05 AM
ObiDon
Driver

I just hope that they improve on this great design, and not go off on something like they did on the Explorer, which is about the size of the Expedition now. I would like to see more power and bigger tire/wheels, but it still much quicker then others expect.
Old 07-13-01, 03:22 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Post The next Lexus RX 300

The General Manager at Longo Lexus, here in Southern California CONFIRMED that the "next-generation" RX 300 is definitely scheduled to appear in the FALL of 2002 as a 2003 MODEL. However he said that even he has absolutely no idea what the changes would be, he said that the Area rep strongly indicated to him that it would be SUBSTANTIALLY more powerful and luxurious than the current model with options like the Mark Levinson sound system. He said the rep also CONFIRMED that the dimensions will approximately the same as the current model and said they plan to introduce another vehicle for people who want "BIGGER". Other than this info, it's anybody's guess what the other changes could be
Old 07-22-01, 12:06 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by LeXusBoy

GOD ... I hope it dosnt look like that or I would gladly just keep my moms as my new (I can drive in 2003) car and just get it painted...that looks ugly (no offence to you)
The new revamped version will look better and just be better overall. We all want the latest and greatest and sure we like the current version, but it still doesn't have all the new improvements and gadgets that the new one does.

You can never catch up in this car ownership game. Always something out there better that you want. Tough to be satisified.

Old 07-22-01, 07:36 PM
ObiDon
Driver

Thumbs down

The headlights look like they came off of a Ford Focus. At least it could not be as bad as that new Cady, that looks like something that Chevy Chase would drive on a Vacation movie.
Old 07-22-01, 08:22 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by ObiDon
The headlights look like they came off of a Ford Focus. At least it could not be as bad as that new Cady, that looks like something that Chevy Chase would drive on a Vacation movie.
Yeah, a green, wood-panaled wagon with eight headlights, four brake lights, and air vents in the side!