RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

About the 6/23 Meet at Black Angus. . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-01, 02:34 AM
N10S1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Howdy folks, can't seem to get myself into the forum until late in the evening, however here I am back from some reconnaissance work at the Tustin Marketplace. I think we are going to be o.k. for tomorrow. Parking in front of the Black Angus and Ikea looked good, no cops, just rent-a-cops, the rice-factor was very low, however, it looked like a prelude club was meeting at the Edwards Cinema Parking lot, only about 6 Preludes, though.

I also went over to the Block at Orange (Our original location)to see how things were there and the rice was following like there was no tomorrow. I think the Krispy Kreme there was offering "Rice-cakes" and the new drink, Horchata (Mexican rice-pudding drink). j/k. They need to rename the place: "Da Rice at Orange"." Cops were everywhere too. Very hostile environment.

Some other observations I made, and some general guidelines for tomorrow:

1. Please don't act like a 16 year old with a mod'd civic and try to do burn outs in the parking lot or donuts, (the only donuts we should see are the type that you can consume.)

2. Please no "exhibition of speed" in the parking lot or in the surrounding surface streets. I am sure there are folks very pumped up about this meet and some K-12 crowd wanna-be may challenge you to a run, however please keep in mind that po-po might be lurking and ticket tomorrow night would really put a damper on what will be a very pleasant evening.

3. Please do not litter or throw trash around the parking lot, do not throw anything for that matter. We don't want management to kick us out for being a bunch of meat heads.

4. Basically, be courteous, kind and respectful to everyone, and disregard those folks who do act like fools. Remember you are there to enjoy an event with other like-minded car nuts, not act like a nut, and reaffirm your perceived manhood and machismo.

This will be, hopefully a memorable, fun event and not a nightmare. If you have not seen the final update post from yesterday take a look at it in the meets forum for directions, times, location. If you have any questions, concerns, etc, either post it hear, send me some mail or you can call. Hope to see everyone soon, and remember wash and Zaino your ride!