RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-01, 01:50 AM
ZoomSport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Help me! I'm getting bored of my RX! Lol I was just cleaning it today, and realized that there is nothing wrong with it, there's nothing new about it anymore, and it's just way too perfect. Anyone.... and I mean ANYONE... please give me some advice what to do!
Old 04-17-01, 07:07 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

well now...hmmm...let me think. Well, what year is it and is it completely stock? Good to hear you are trouble free. I'll have to think about this one. Maybe for now you should just find a place to take a good drive, hopefully it is warm where you are, so you can roll down all the windows - get some good music and just drive.
Old 04-17-01, 07:36 AM
ZoomSport
Driver School Candidate

Talking Fly the Lexus Skies

With no turbulence, passengers feel at home in the spacious cabin... hmm... way too much at home everyone who rides in my car falls asleep! Hehehe.... well, I am from Guam, so it is hot here. Most of the time I drop the windows, open the sunroof, blast the music, and just go cruising down Tumon Bay, a place by the beach where all the night life happens here. Anyways, my car is just a little over a month old. 2001 RX300 Blue Vapor Metallic with a Nakamichi Sound System. I haven't changed anything or added anything on it just yet, but I am thinking of adding side bars and changing the front grill to a Rod Millen one. But besides that, nothing else seems to be excitingly new. Oh well.... I'll just keep driving by the BMW dealership laughing as the X5's roll out, then back in for problems.
Old 04-17-01, 10:09 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

alright, let's see. Well, you could go driving around and look for some cool spots to take picturs of your car. Side steps/running board is a good idea...i thought about doing something like that. Maybe a nerf type bar or something, possible chrome. Something that doesn't hang down to far - something tucked close to the body.

Have you bought the factory trailer hitch? I had that installed before I bought mine and I keep the trailer ball and tounge on all the time for added safety (in case i get rear ended). I just polished the chrome this weekend so it is all shiny. I took a BUCH of pictures last weekend and hope to have them in the gallery this weekend. I have to wait until I am home and can scan them in.

Have you thought of new wheels? I REALLY want to put the GS 17in. alloy wheels on my RX. Since they are 8 inches wide I will need spacers in the read, but it would look great! What do you think about that? You could also get the factory (Toyota brand) bike rack for the roof rack. If you ever carry a bike it is very handy and looks great! Again, I will have that in a picture hopefully by this weekend. Another thing, how about adding something like a 10" subwoofer in the cargo area, maybe DVD tv's. Not sure if they have this in Guam, but there is a dealer (Lexus) where I live that installs a television headrest system. Two tv's, wireless headphones and dvd player where the power outlet in in the cargo area, for about $2400. That will keep your passengers awake!...lol

Last edited by LexRX; 04-17-01 at 10:13 AM.