Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Rear hatch opening too slooooowly

Old 03-24-07, 09:54 AM   #61
SteveH
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Mine do too but not enough to be a problem especially for the price, who knows the OEM probably make noise too when they are new but noone really complains
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 12:41 PM   #62
cephraim
Driver

re: squeaking

Anybody try a little silicone spray?
Think this would hurt?

Eph
cephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 12:49 PM   #63
bob2200
Driver

I'd be worried about silicone spray. I tried silicone spray on my OEM ones and think it might have hurt them. I'd be more inclined to try the paste car wax that LexMex suggested earlier.
bob2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 02:40 PM   #64
thomas1
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenxingha View Post
Ebay has a list for a pair at Buy Now $65.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
I ordered some too, but he ran out, says the next shipment will be in April. Nice people very professional. Mine was $71 delivered to my door for the pair.
thomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 04:18 PM   #65
cephraim
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1 View Post
I ordered some too, but he ran out, says the next shipment will be in April. Nice people very professional. Mine was $71 delivered to my door for the pair.

Yeah - he told me he went through 100 of them in a week!
Old 03-25-07, 02:05 PM   #66
toy4two
Lexus Champion

smart guy, makes a killing for Highlander and RX300 owners.

Mine made a clunk, same clunk my OEM ones made right before one of them sheered off the bolt and started this mess for me...

...you guys may want to hold off on your orders for a few monthes, but then again the price is pretty cheap.
toy4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 02:37 PM   #67
bob2200
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4two View Post
Mine made a clunk, same clunk my OEM ones made right before one of them sheered off the bolt
Just for curiousity, which bolt was sheared off?
Old 03-26-07, 12:40 PM   #68
bob2200
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
As EPH stated one of the lifts has to be rotated 180 degrees on one of the struts so the top bracket matches the old lift .
I installed mine this morning. With a second person holding the hatch, it was a quick and easy job. I found that both ball receptacles needed to be swung into alignment, which was easy to do with small vicegrips.

Make sure that the ***** snap in securely. I wasn't careful in that part of the installation and one of the ***** popped out after a few test cycles. It popped out upon opening and fortunately nothing was caught underneath.

The new struts work like when the car was new. They're quiet and operate perfectly. For what it's worth, the center rod is not chrome-plated like the OEM ones. I don't know how that will effect long-term performance.
Old 03-26-07, 09:14 PM   #69
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2200 View Post
Just for curiousity, which bolt was sheared off?
the one on the driver's side attached to the "shock", its non-removable, but rigged something up for $4 that worked, did pics and detailed info in one of these threads, may even be this one.
Old 03-26-07, 09:36 PM   #70
wing0
Driver

if somebody can post up pictures of installation and how it looks afterwards or what to watch out for. That'd be one nice DIY guide!
wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 03:05 PM   #71
SteveH
Driver School Candidate

Toy4Two you mean the pin that is at the top of the lift sheared off? Isnt that a press fit pin? Wouldnt that be covered by Lift Struts? Sounds like a mfg defect. Since both lifts are the same it doesnt reslly depend on which one it was, I'm concerned as I think I was one of the 100 that got a set and would like to know what to watch out for.
Old 03-27-07, 05:19 PM   #72
cephraim
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Toy4Two you mean the pin that is at the top of the lift sheared off? Isnt that a press fit pin? Wouldnt that be covered by Lift Struts? Sounds like a mfg defect. Since both lifts are the same it doesnt reslly depend on which one it was, I'm concerned as I think I was one of the 100 that got a set and would like to know what to watch out for.
He is talking about other lifts he bought, not these.
I don't know of anyone having problems with these other then the squeaking/creaking sound.

Eph
Old 03-29-07, 10:36 AM   #73
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephraim View Post
He is talking about other lifts he bought, not these.
I don't know of anyone having problems with these other then the squeaking/creaking sound.

Eph
yes it was that spot you are talking about, the spot weld broke, this is on the OEM.

I think what caused it was one shock was really weak and the other one had to do all the lifting this force cause it to snap at the weld point.

I suspect since these are new that problem won't remerge for quite some time. However, the sound is exactly the same though.
Old 04-05-07, 01:11 PM   #74
Jhawker
Driver School Candidate

My 1999 rx300 does OK on the liftgate but does not have the rear spoiler wing. I like the look of the spoilers on the 2000 to 2003 models. Does anyone know if they will fit the 1999? Do any of the aftermarket ones fit well and does the liftgate work well with a spoiler? Any suggestions on which vendor? Dealer wants $350 but I see some aftermarket at less than half that. I understand they come unpainted but bolt on so owner can install easily?
Jhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 02:24 PM   #75
SteveH
Driver School Candidate

I just got rid of my RX but removed the new aftermarket hatch lifts that I had just purchased the beginning of April. I will post them in the parts area but thought I would add them here for $61.50/pair and I will pay domestic shipping.
Old 04-11-07, 02:24 PM

Tags
6895049016, aftermarket, clamp, depot, forum, hatch, lexus, lift, liftsupportdepot, liftsupportdepotcom, rear, rx, strut, struts, supports, warranty