RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

my 300 is almost 2 years old............(LONG!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-03, 10:35 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 300 is almost 2 years old............(LONG!!)

when the new 330 came out, i was ready for a trade in, im the guy who needs to have the latest thing on the block ALWAYS!!!! Plus the BIG sunroof, the in dash CDs, the ML, the lovely designed metal/wood interior, the power liftgate.....all got me thinking of change. Then came the Infiniti FX35, its power, its sound, its 20" rims, the styling......I was sure im gonna trade for atleast one of them.
But then, my car was fairly new, so i put off the idea and started to think of new mods. I was thinking of doing: HID fogs, 4 outlet exhaust, painted lowers, TV/DVD/NAVI, wood dash......
Then more time went by and over this weekend, i went for service and had my oil changed and tires rotated at 18k miles. I started to realize how much i love this car, i love the way it looks (after my 19s), the way it rides & handles, the over stuffed cushioning of the seats thats very comfortable everytime i sit in it, the towering view and the way it flies over potholes without worries.......
Of course, i know the 330 and FX are much better rides than mine, i know because i drove them too, but personally, i dont think its that much better. I've been known to get a new car atleast every 2 years, but im looking forward to 2 more years in my RX or more!! There are some new rattles and creaking noises since new, but everything else still looks new and drives well. I never thought i say this, but i'll say it again......" I LOVE my RX300!!!!!" And im so happy that i found u guys at club lexus who feel the same too! I never thought i will like a Lexus this much, but after this first one, im a Lexus guy for sure.

I bought a japanese Harrier up-grade magazine that have upgrades on RX300&330s, or what the japanese call it: "D-up" or dress-up like VIP or Mafia style. I'll post some pics when im not lazy, but i already know that 245/45/19s or 255/35/20 tires will fit a 330 just fine so I might keep my 19s if im really getting tired of the 330s running around my hood.
Meanwhile, i think im gonna get that complete wood dash kit for Xmas.

Last edited by JohnsRX; 11-25-03 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-25-03, 11:02 PM
Hopeful
Rookie

Default Super tint

Hey John,
The super tint doesn't really look like you've got extra tint on the windows. I want the same tint in the front as in the back. (Not sure about state law and the percentages.) Did you tint the back and the front? What is super tint? Llumar?

linda
Old 11-25-03, 11:09 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Default Re: Super tint

HAHA! super tint is just my term, because i even tinted the front windshield! Its a 3M tint, i dont know what name, but heres another:

and front no see thru :
]

Originally posted by Hopeful
Hey John,
The super tint doesn't really look like you've got extra tint on the windows. I want the same tint in the front as in the back. (Not sure about state law and the percentages.) Did you tint the back and the front? What is super tint? Llumar?

linda

Last edited by JohnsRX; 11-25-03 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-26-03, 08:05 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

hey, keep your rx300 and get yourself a rx330 for a second car, or third , or fourth, whatever, u know what i mean.
Old 11-26-03, 08:49 AM
Hopeful
Rookie

Default Legal in Japan

I guess that must be legal in Japan but I doubt it is in Hawaii. I didn't see many Harriers when I was in Japan. In fact, I didn't see many Lexus', period. Here in Hawaii, Toyota/Lexus is king of the roadways.

Thanks for the info on the tint. I want to get my windows tinted but am a little hesitant because the windows are already tinted and I don't want it to look funny. I also want to add running boards but no one seems to have a source for them.

linda
Old 11-26-03, 03:37 PM
parula
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the look of your vehicle! !
Make Lexus fix the rattles, et al., under warranty - don't take no for an answer.
It's a great vehicle, love it !
IMO the 330 isn't that much nicer, though I love the dash with the light burlwood, ummm, but I'd wait a couple years for bugs to get fixed, upgrades, and a cheaper hybrid that just might get overpriced at the rollout.
Old 11-26-03, 07:25 PM
mwbuck
Driver

Where'd you get you're chrome grill???????? I was looking on ebay and theyre about $28. For $28, I wonder what kind of quality you get. Probably crap???????
Old 11-26-03, 10:12 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Default Re: Legal in Japan

japan?? my RX is in Taiwan, but i tint like that in L.A too, it has nothing to do with legal or not. I been to waikiki once, how can u not have a FULL tint car there??

Originally posted by Hopeful
I guess that must be legal in Japan but I doubt it is in Hawaii. I didn't see many Harriers when I was in Japan. In fact, I didn't see many Lexus', period. Here in Hawaii, Toyota/Lexus is king of the roadways.

Thanks for the info on the tint. I want to get my windows tinted but am a little hesitant because the windows are already tinted and I don't want it to look funny. I also want to add running boards but no one seems to have a source for them.

linda
Old 11-26-03, 10:13 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

im afraid they will do more harm than good, so i just turn up my bass.

Originally posted by parula
Make Lexus fix the rattles, et al., under warranty - don't take no for an answer.
It's a great vehicle, love it ! .
Old 11-26-03, 10:16 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

chrome grill?? U can just polish them up with a paint thinner.

Originally posted by mwbuck
Where'd you get you're chrome grill???????? I was looking on ebay and theyre about $28. For $28, I wonder what kind of quality you get. Probably crap???????
Old 12-01-03, 05:53 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was gonna say he's in Taiwan... Taipei to be exact... I was born there, moved to the U.S. 4 years ago...

Nobody cares about tint in Taiwan... If you drive a Lexus/BMW/MB, any "expensive" cars... You won't get any trouble pretty much...

So what do you drive in L.A.?

Are you considering FX35 or 45? If it's FX45 loaded against RX330? I'd take the 45... But it'd be a hard decision between the FX35 and the RX330 I think... I'd pick RX just because I like Lexus more.
Old 12-01-03, 06:37 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

I still have my 930 in L.A. Where u from in thes States?? If u ever come back, give me a call. I PM u my # already. I'll be going back to L.A in Feb. however.
As for FX or RX, i think im definitely will be going with the FX if i do get another SUV.
I love the new RX too, but seeing it repeatedly being passed by friends with FXs isnt really funny.

Originally posted by Yang1815
I was gonna say he's in Taiwan... Taipei to be exact... I was born there, moved to the U.S. 4 years ago...

Nobody cares about tint in Taiwan... If you drive a Lexus/BMW/MB, any "expensive" cars... You won't get any trouble pretty much...

So what do you drive in L.A.?

Are you considering FX35 or 45? If it's FX45 loaded against RX330? I'd take the 45... But it'd be a hard decision between the FX35 and the RX330 I think... I'd pick RX just because I like Lexus more.