RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Eminent White vs Nightfall Mica vs Silver Lining Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-17, 05:21 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

It would be more helpful to IrishJoe if members with the mentioned colors gave their real experience instead of product recommends. Save that for the automotive care and detailing forum.
Old 03-16-17, 06:16 PM
IrishJoe
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks very much to all of you for your helpful advice. I intend to keep the car clean and do periodic detailing, but don't want to be a slave to it, so I think I will rule out Nightfall Mica. I checked with the local body shop that we use, and they said that they have no problems doing repairs on Eminent White or Silver Lining Metallic. I then remembered that we had minor body work done twice by them on my wife's Silver Lining Metallic ES, and both times it was done so well that I could not recognize the area that was repaired. So, I'm now trying to decide whether to go with the safe choice of Eminent White with Noble Brown, or the more controversial Silver Lining Metallic with Noble Brown. To my eye, the Noble Brown's silver-grey headliner and charcoal portion of the two-tone dashboard enable it to pair acceptably with Silver Lining Metallic. Thoughts?
Old 03-17-17, 05:37 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Decisions, decisions..... IMO either the Silver or White looks good with the Noble Brown interior, I don't think you can go wrong with either... For me it would be a "coin flip" with me going for the Silver..

Good Luck..
Old 03-17-17, 05:39 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

In Canada I couldn't find the SLM as a color option. The Lexus USA has it as a color.

I think the EW with Noble would look good together. Good contrast and compliment each other. Not so sure the SLM and Noble would look as good together. Of course not actually seeing it, it's hard to tell.

I think either one would be a good choice for someone that does not want to be a slave to detailing.

For what it's worth cause you're looking for advice... go with EW and Noble.

Good Luck!
Old 03-17-17, 08:17 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Like I said earlier, both EW and SLM would look fine with Noble brown. I would probably go with SLM.
Old 03-21-17, 04:57 PM
GregT
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default White Pearl

Originally Posted by FastFord
Good post Lesz!

Before I bought my 3rx I stopped at the Dealers paint shop. They said basically the same as Lesz. They said the worst color for them to match somewhat perfectly was the White Pearl. That was not what I wanted to hear as it would have been my first white car.

If you love Nightfall Mica, then that's the color you should get. There are tons of products out there to help you keep the car looking it's best.

Good luck with your choice.
I have had two Rx's, (and am about to get a third) with the White Pearl paint. Both had body work done (nothing too major) over the years at different independent shops and they came out great. White Pearl is a very popular Lexus color and any shop worth it's salt can do a very good job at blending and matching (at least that is my experience).
Old 03-21-17, 07:58 PM
IrishJoe
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, everyone, for the quick and helpful feedback. I ordered a Silver Lining Metallic with Noble Brown and am looking forward to it arriving!
Old 03-22-17, 06:32 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats....Good Choice!
Old 03-22-17, 09:49 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Good stuff. Should look great! Noble will be a nice change from the typical Black.
Old 03-22-17, 06:04 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have silver lining and noble brown. I think its one of the most popular color combos. personally not a fan even many months later. Mainly bc the side of seats are black. I am not sure why my seats are two tone they look ugly. I wish I had the tan or black interior all one color please!
Old 03-22-17, 07:38 PM
sderman
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by satnav
I have silver lining and noble brown. I think its one of the most popular color combos. personally not a fan even many months later. Mainly bc the side of seats are black. I am not sure why my seats are two tone they look ugly. I wish I had the tan or black interior all one color please!
Agree fully on these Lexus interior "two-tones". We special ordered our '17 in Silver Lining with black leather and black sapele wood with aluminum trim. The all black interior (including the steering wheel) with the occasional thin silver/gray stripes on the console and on the seats faces (the stitches) looks very rich and sporty. We've only owned Lexus' these last 18 years and we usually got grey interiors which meant that only part or most of the seats were gray but the rest of the interior was black. Finally got sick of this contrast. Looked slapped together, almost cheap. Always bought Silver Lining btw since it contrasted well with the wheels, grills, etc. and appears clean longer.

Last edited by sderman; 03-22-17 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-24-17, 03:24 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,057 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by sderman
Agree fully on these Lexus interior "two-tones". We special ordered our '17 in Silver Lining with black leather and black sapele wood with aluminum trim. The all black interior (including the steering wheel) with the occasional thin silver/gray stripes on the console and on the seats faces (the stitches) looks very rich and sporty. We've only owned Lexus' these last 18 years and we usually got grey interiors which meant that only part or most of the seats were gray but the rest of the interior was black. Finally got sick of this contrast. Looked slapped together, almost cheap. Always bought Silver Lining btw since it contrasted well with the wheels, grills, etc. and appears clean longer.
Totally agree with you with the two tone colors. I do not like dark interiors however so Lexus is saving me a lot of $$$ by going in every model the two tone look. We have the parchment in both the RX and the ES and love the light color seats, side panels and floor. Can't believe they do not at least give an option of two tone. IMO the seats in the NX look horrible. My wife would buy one today except for the two tone. PLEASE LEXUS!!!
Attached Thumbnails Eminent White vs Nightfall Mica vs Silver Lining Metallic-92e5e854f6866144c60e40ba8b7.jpg  
Old 03-24-17, 12:35 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Totally agree with you with the two tone colors. I do not like dark interiors however so Lexus is saving me a lot of $$$ by going in every model the two tone look. We have the parchment in both the RX and the ES and love the light color seats, side panels and floor. Can't believe they do not at least give an option of two tone. IMO the seats in the NX look horrible. My wife would buy one today except for the two tone. PLEASE LEXUS!!!
They really have a knack for picking two colors that don't match well together.