RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 01:52 PM
Fsport51
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos

I just picked up my black on red 17' RX-F about two weeks ago. I absolutely love this car. I took a few photos with my iPhone so the quality isnt the greatest, but I'll post them anyway. I'll wash it up and upload better pictures later this week.

I got a few small modifications in this week. I tinted the two front windows to match the rears, and also did 35% tint on the entire front windshield.

I also had custom spacers made for the car. I think every car could use a set of spacers because factory spec just isn't aggressive enough, and that was very true on the RX. The wheels were just too shy from the factory, so these spacers are a must in my opinion. The wheels now sit perfectly flush with the fender, giving an overall wider looking stance. I love it.

I also went and had the resonator removed and replaced with a straight pipe. The cats and mufflers are still in place and in my opinion, it sounds just perfect. It's not too loud and these videos aren't really on point. The exhaust sounds MUCH cleaner and deeper in person. I used my iPhone to take the videos and it didn't capture the true sound.

Last but not least, I went out and got a K&N drop in filter just to get a little bit of sound out of the front end. It's just right. It's not too loud and obnoxious but you can definitely hear it, especially at low RPMs.

I don't really have anything else planned as far as modifications go. It needed just a few minor adjustments and it's perfect for me now. If anyone in the NYC is considering having any of these modifications done, you can swing by and check it out first on mine if you'd like.

I hope you all enjoy the pictures and videos, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks

Here are the links to the videos I posted on YouTube:
and
Attached Thumbnails My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image1.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image3-1-.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image3.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image4.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image5-1-.jpg  

My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image5.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image6-1-.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image6.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image7.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image8.jpg  

My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-image9.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-img_7196-1-.jpg  
Old 01-23-17, 01:59 PM
Fsport51
Driver School Candidate

Here are a few pre-spacer photos just for reference. To a true enthusiast, the difference is night and day.
Attached Thumbnails My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-img_7111.jpg   My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos-img_6950.jpg  
Old 01-23-17, 02:35 PM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nice, 25mm all around?
Old 01-23-17, 02:56 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

damn.. you made it sound so much better
Old 01-23-17, 03:15 PM
Fsport51
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yang88she
nice, 25mm all around?
1 inch thick adapters all around. Perfect in my opinion.

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
damn.. you made it sound so much better
Tbank you.
Old 01-23-17, 04:20 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

love the color combo....was the kn filter basicaly the same size as the paper original or did you do some type of mod to the intake too?
Old 01-23-17, 06:18 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds might be better, but lose torque by deleting resonator.
Old 01-23-17, 06:32 PM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fsport51
25mm is essentially 1 inch lol, manufacturer's typically make them in increments of 5 ie. 15mm-30mm size spacers, 20mm-25mm being the most popular
Old 01-23-17, 06:33 PM
Fsport51
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mcfancy
love the color combo....was the kn filter basicaly the same size as the paper original or did you do some type of mod to the intake too?

just swapped the filter out. I'll get you the part number. Everything else is stock.
Old 01-23-17, 06:38 PM
Fsport51
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tomtom74
Sounds might be better, but lose torque by deleting resonator.

and you know this how? Have you dynod this car before and after? I've had several cars (e46 m3 inline 6s) and other cars where I removed the resonator and never lost power or torque. I know because I had them dynod. If it were the muffler I removed then yes you'd probably be right. But the resonator is designed only to muffle some sound. It's a different packing than what's in the muffler. I felt no loss at all and I don't care to dyno this car. It's slow regardless and there's nothing you can do to change that.
Old 01-23-17, 06:40 PM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Just curious if you had your alignment checked when you added the spacers, and also if you notice any additional "kicked" up debris onto the body since you don't have mudguards installed.

I'm personally waiting on RSR or BC Coils to lower the RX a little bit and add spacers at the same time.

Looks great btw
Old 01-23-17, 07:24 PM
Fsport51
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yang88she
Just curious if you had your alignment checked when you added the spacers, and also if you notice any additional "kicked" up debris onto the body since you don't have mudguards installed.

I'm personally waiting on RSR or BC Coils to lower the RX a little bit and add spacers at the same time.

Looks great btw
thanks bud

i didn't do an alignment. I don't think it's entirely necessary when adding spacers only.
The car was filthy today and it's been raining so I can't comment on any extra debris. But I'll get back to you on that.

Im surprised you want to lower the RX. I think the ride height is perfect. It's not the kind of car I would want to lower but that's just me. I guess I'm getting old and don't want to sacrifice ride quality either.
Old 01-24-17, 02:45 AM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Tbank you.
thanks bud

i didn't do an alignment. I don't think it's entirely necessary when adding spacers only.
The car was filthy today and it's been raining so I can't comment on any extra debris. But I'll get back to you on that.

Im surprised you want to lower the RX. I think the ride height is perfect. It's not the kind of car I would want to lower but that's just me. I guess I'm getting old and don't want to sacrifice ride quality either.
Just a "lil bit" the RX F Sport was my compromise of room for the kids, but still have something sporty for myself and I've lowered almost every car I've ever owned *94 Maxima, 98 Intergra R, 95 M3, 98 G37* since I'm in Georgia we almost never get snow, and when we do, the entire state shuts down
Old 01-24-17, 08:03 AM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks great! The spacers make it look so much better. They are way too conservative stock.

A couple of questions for you....

Where did you get the spacers and how much were they?

Have you noticed any difference in the drive since adding the spacers? Any shimmies or vibration? That's my biggest concern about adding spacers.

I've been thinking about adding new wheels that are more flush, but the spacer thing might be an option for me.
Old 01-24-17, 08:04 AM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, can you take a shot straight on from the back of the car so we can see the stance of the vehicle?

Quick Reply: My FSport: Non resonated mid-pipe, K&N air filter, tints, and spacers - pics/videos