RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Ventilated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-17, 01:58 PM
Oivey2000
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ventilated Seats

This may have been covered in another thread, but does anyone know why Lexus has not put their "Cool ****" function in their other vehicles, especially the more upscale ones? The LS is the only vehicle I know that has it...where you can have cabin-temperature air circulate through the seats or, if you turn the switch further, have the air run thru the A/C system. On hot humid summer days, having the ability to have air-conditioned air coming through the seat perforations would be a godsend yet they have kept that feature only on the LS for years. I wonder if they will ever introduce it on other vehicles? If they did it on the RX, that would be a huge pro in my book.
Old 01-16-17, 02:05 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Oivey2000
This may have been covered in another thread, but does anyone know why Lexus has not put their "Cool ****" function in their other vehicles, especially the more upscale ones? The LS is the only vehicle I know that has it...where you can have cabin-temperature air circulate through the seats or, if you turn the switch further, have the air run thru the A/C system. On hot humid summer days, having the ability to have air-conditioned air coming through the seat perforations would be a godsend yet they have kept that feature only on the LS for years. I wonder if they will ever introduce it on other vehicles? If they did it on the RX, that would be a huge pro in my book.

Uhh SIR, the RX has the cool and warm function. When on max cold and max cool air seats, you can hear the fan running and I feel the cool ac air against my bottom and back. So to sum up, yes this car has it bro
Old 01-17-17, 07:29 AM
integroid
Driver School Candidate

My 2016 RX 350 F-Sport has it but I thought it was included in one of the packages that came with my car. I am not sure if all of the RX's have it.
Old 01-17-17, 08:09 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

What the OP is getting at is the LS is the only Lexus with air conditioned seats. As in they blow cold air conditioned air. All other models are simply ventilated. Meaning they only blow air through the seats. That air will only be the temp of whatever the cabin air is.
The following users liked this post:
aznkorboi (01-17-17)
Old 01-17-17, 01:32 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

At almost double the price the LS should have few extra blings
tomtom74 (01-20-17)
Old 01-20-17, 06:05 PM
Oivey2000
Rookie

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Uhh SIR, the RX has the cool and warm function. When on max cold and max cool air seats, you can hear the fan running and I feel the cool ac air against my bottom and back. So to sum up, yes this car has it bro
I was referring to air conditioned air. The RX cool function blows out cabin temperature air. Yes, it feels cool, but it is not air conditioned. The Lexus LS has the option of blowing cabin temp ventilated air OR air conditioned air which is run thru the A/C unit & is cold. All of the other vehicles other than the LS don't have that option and I was just saying it would nice to have.
aznkorboi (01-20-17)
Old 05-08-18, 06:04 PM
DyaDya
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink Which way do ventilated seats blow.

I just purchased a new 2017 Rx350 ~ 6 weeks ago and I have a what sounds like a silly question to me but i dont know the answer. I have never had ventilated seats before and I would have thought that they simply blow air outward from the seat into the seated person's back and butt. ie blowing outwards from the holes in the leather from both the seat back and seat bottom. Mine does the opposite. If i put a piece of thin plastic wrap, it actually sucks the plastic wrap into the seat. Both the the seat back and the seat bottom and both the driver and passenger seat. I have a base model with the Luxury package and the car is pretty loaded if that makes any difference. Is this correct? Or does it blow in different directions depending on the AUTO function and what it thinks the temperature is in the cabin? Kinda confused about this. BTW i can hear the fan LOUD and clear when i set the ventilation on. And it does get louder depending if 1,2 or 3 lights are on. So i think the fan is working fine. Just wondering if its possible the polarity is backwards on the fan and its turning the wrong way. I took a long trip and i didn't really notice the ventilation doing anything except for making loud fan noise and then i did this test when I got back which surprised me. So not sure how they are supposed to work and theory behind them making you more comfortable. Thanks...

Last edited by DyaDya; 05-09-18 at 04:12 PM.