RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

All Weather Cargo Mat vs Seatback Cargo Liner

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-16, 01:46 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts
Default All Weather Cargo Mat vs Seatback Cargo Liner

I was researching at options for my upcoming 2017 Lexus RX450h. Doing a search on the internet, I see that Lexus Canada offers a "Seatback Cargo Liner" that covers the back of the seats when folded down. The US Lexus site list an all weather cargo mat. The picture on the US site does not show if it covers the back of the rear seats, but the visible part is different. Does the US all weather cargo mat cover the back of the rear seats?
Old 11-09-16, 05:23 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

I have the Canadian cargo liner with seat back . It's great. It covers the back of each seat individually do that you can fold down each one of the 3 seats.
Old 11-09-16, 07:10 PM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Get the Canadian one if you can!!!

Originally Posted by lexnewbi
I was researching at options for my upcoming 2017 Lexus RX450h. Doing a search on the internet, I see that Lexus Canada offers a "Seatback Cargo Liner" that covers the back of the seats when folded down. The US Lexus site list an all weather cargo mat. The picture on the US site does not show if it covers the back of the rear seats, but the visible part is different. Does the US all weather cargo mat cover the back of the rear seats?
I did the same research as you and decided to get the Canadian Seatback Cargo Liner. I have no regrets what so ever, despite the almost 4 hour drive there and 4 hour drive back!!!

I live in Ohio and drove up to Lexus of Windsor to pick up my Liner. Just gave them a call and picked it up. It is 175 CAD after taxes which translates to 130 USD. The backs are really cool. They attach to the backside of the rear seats with four, hockey puck sized Velcro things on each section. The seat backs are split into three parts for the 40/20/40 split functionality. And, there is a crease in the middle to access the under floor storage.

If you can get one, I strongly recommend it. My only complaints are that it is only available in black and does not go up the sides of the trunk area (above the wheel wheels). I'll try and post a picture this weekend...if I remember...
Old 12-19-16, 08:39 PM
Ldrquest
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Seatback Liner

Anyone have a contact to get the Seatback Liner (Canadian version) in the US? I asked my local Lexus dealership parts dept and they said that they only show the cargo mat (US) in the system.
Old 12-21-16, 09:23 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Curryolla
I did the same research as you and decided to get the Canadian Seatback Cargo Liner. I have no regrets what so ever, despite the almost 4 hour drive there and 4 hour drive back!!!

I live in Ohio and drove up to Lexus of Windsor to pick up my Liner. Just gave them a call and picked it up. It is 175 CAD after taxes which translates to 130 USD. The backs are really cool. They attach to the backside of the rear seats with four, hockey puck sized Velcro things on each section. The seat backs are split into three parts for the 40/20/40 split functionality. And, there is a crease in the middle to access the under floor storage.

If you can get one, I strongly recommend it. My only complaints are that it is only available in black and does not go up the sides of the trunk area (above the wheel wheels). I'll try and post a picture this weekend...if I remember...
Does anyone know if a Canadian Lexus dealer would ship this "seatback cargo liner"? I'm in TX, so I'm not driving over into Canada anytime soon
Old 12-21-16, 10:31 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Does anyone know if a Canadian Lexus dealer would ship this "seatback cargo liner"? I'm in TX, so I'm not driving over into Canada anytime soon
I tried to get the Lexus dealer to order one from Canada. With shipping to Texas and import taxes, they claimed it was over $400. I have not tried calling a Canadian dealer..
The following users liked this post:
gadgetman1 (12-22-16)
Old 12-22-16, 10:00 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Is this the "seatback cargo liner"? I'm not seeing where it covers the back of the seats when folded up or down...
http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/configu...0#/accessories

The following 2 users liked this post by gadgetman1:
exonw (07-17-20), roblim (02-21-17)
Old 12-22-16, 10:06 AM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Is this the "seatback cargo liner"? I'm not seeing where it covers the back of the seats when folded up or down...
http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/configu...0#/accessories
Yes, that is the one! It has cutout for the child seats anchors, but the rest of the back of the seat is fully covered. The part is divided into three sections to let you individually fold down each seat back. The additional material at the bottom of the seat back covers that hinge area when the seat backs are folded down. It also has a hinge in the middle of the cargo area so you can fold it up to reveal the spare tire compartment underneath.
Old 12-22-16, 04:09 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Check this Cargo Liner out:
http://www.canvasback.com/index.php/...go-liners.html
Old 12-23-16, 12:58 PM
Ldrquest
Driver School Candidate

Talking Toyotaman

Any chance I could pay you to pick one up for me and mail it to California? Since you're in Ontario and all?
Old 12-23-16, 02:30 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by Ldrquest
Any chance I could pay you to pick one up for me and mail it to California? Since you're in Ontario and all?
have you tried this online site:

http://www.lexuspartsdirect.ca/
Old 12-24-16, 11:11 AM
Ldrquest
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Just tried the site

It would only give me component parts like trim pieces, pins, and lights. Could not find the cargo or seatback liner.
Old 12-24-16, 11:29 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

On the site they say they have all accessories. Call them.
Old 02-20-17, 06:16 PM
wolfman001
Driver School Candidate

Hi, just wondering if anyone in the U.S had any luck getting the Canadian seatback cargo liners here in the U.S.
Old 02-21-17, 10:06 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by wolfman001
Hi, just wondering if anyone in the U.S had any luck getting the Canadian seatback cargo liners here in the U.S.
Hang tight - I have an order in for one, but there are some hang ups with getting the correct Customs forms for shipment from Canada to the US. Aside from that, it's a great deal! I should hear something about my order in the next few days.

BTW, the dealer told me they are made in Nova Scotia. I would like to know the name of the manufacturer & see if a few American Lexus dealers could make a bulk order.

Last edited by gadgetman1; 02-21-17 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: All Weather Cargo Mat vs Seatback Cargo Liner