RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket springs for 4th Gen RX (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-16, 02:44 PM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Aftermarket springs for 4th Gen RX (merged threads)

Havent seen a post being made yet so id like to start one.

Anyone know any companies that are in the works or have available lowering springs for our 4th gen RX?

Ive been told RSR is working on one right now but I didnt get any response when I emailed them.
Old 11-08-16, 09:40 AM
vettestr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a56kuser
Havent seen a post being made yet so id like to start one.

Anyone know any companies that are in the works or have available lowering springs for our 4th gen RX?

Ive been told RSR is working on one right now but I didnt get any response when I emailed them.
Check Nigel-JDMParts forum vendor website. I saw some yesterday.
Old 11-11-16, 11:10 AM
Darith
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I noticed some on a Russian SUV instagram page that have RS-R ti-2000 springs for the RX200t that can be used with the factory shock absorbers:

View this post on Instagram

Here is it translated:

A bit about the modifications suspension LEXUS RX.I think many people like the car with landing below the factory.
You can do this in three ways:
1. Air suspension. Not cheap, but a great opportunity.
2. Adjustable dampers. RS-R. TANABE. Allows you to choose the height and stiffness of the suspension in a predetermined adjustment range.
3. Lowering springs. Allow to understate budgetary 30-40mm suspension while maintaining comfort. Compatible with factory shock absorbers.
On RX450h photos with springs mounted RS-R Ti2000 (-30mm). Choose and order the suspension to suit your purpose, you can contact our company.
I do believe option 2 speaks about coil-overs if I'm not mistaken.

I'll double check with Mike@Vossen (he has the first set of RS*R springs in the US for his 4RX F-Sport straight from RS*R) to see which springs he has.

I personally want to have stiffer shock absorbers (or struts?) if that's an option to reduce body roll.
Old 11-11-16, 07:05 PM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vettestr
saw it on his website $475 for modellista brand.... I couldnt get any description on how low is the drop.
i think ill wait for other options thanks for the headsup
Old 11-11-16, 07:07 PM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Darith
I noticed some on a Russian SUV instagram page that have RS-R ti-2000 springs for the RX200t that can be used with the factory shock absorbers:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMOZ4vAAHXW/

Here is it translated:

I do believe option 2 speaks about coil-overs if I'm not mistaken.

I'll double check with Mike@Vossen (he has the first set of RS*R springs in the US for his 4RX F-Sport straight from RS*R) to see which springs he has.

I personally want to have stiffer shock absorbers (or struts?) if that's an option to reduce body roll.
that is the exact height i want my ride to be! I did get a email back from RSR this week.. They said the RS-R will be ready by the end of the year.
Old 11-11-16, 08:15 PM
Darith
Driver

that is the exact height i want my ride to be! I did get a email back from RSR this week.. They said the RS-R will be ready by the end of the year.
Can you confirm with them how much of a drop it is and if they are the downs, super downs or ti-2000's?

Old 11-12-16, 10:53 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vettestr
​​​​​​​SURE!! there is !
Old 11-12-16, 10:54 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

saw it on his website $475 for modellista brand.... I couldnt get any description on how low is the drop.
i think ill wait for other options thanks for the headsup
​​​​​​​We can check with Modellista.
Old 11-14-16, 12:33 PM
Darith
Driver

Per https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/10/...2016-lexus-rx/ it shows the Modellista springs listed at $360 USD
Old 11-14-16, 03:55 PM
integroid
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Darith
Per https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/10/...2016-lexus-rx/ it shows the Modellista springs listed at $360 USD
That was for the retail price in Japan with whatever the exchange rate was back when the article was written. With the current exchange rate it would retail IN JAPAN for $400 usd. You have to figure shipping from Japan and any other fees associated with importing them into to the US. I dont think what nigel-jdmparts is asking is unreasonable considering no one else is importing them right now.
Old 11-14-16, 04:42 PM
Darith
Driver

Originally Posted by integroid
That was for the retail price in Japan with whatever the exchange rate was back when the article was written. With the current exchange rate it would retail IN JAPAN for $400 usd. You have to figure shipping from Japan and any other fees associated with importing them into to the US. I dont think what nigel-jdmparts is asking is unreasonable considering no one else is importing them right now.
Quote:Originally Posted by integroid
That's good, thank you for your insight. Please let us know when you've reviewed these springs on your 4RX, we'd love to see how they work out. Hopefully, one day we can get a group buy going!

I wonder if we can use the factory shock absorbers with the Modellista springs, and how much drop they are.
Old 11-14-16, 04:46 PM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

seeing that RS-R will be out soon and im guessing priced around the same ill just wait for those.
Old 11-15-16, 07:39 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody know if Tanabe is designing lowering springs for the 4RX?
Old 11-16-16, 12:05 AM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmtamu
i just went on their website and didnt see any springs for the RX(all years) so its not looking too hopeful especially since they have NX springs available.
Old 11-17-16, 06:17 PM
Darith
Driver

Originally Posted by jmtamu
Tanabe has the coil-overs (Tanabe Sustec Pro CR) for the 4RX in other markets other than the US at the moment. I've inquired with the US office for availability and price. I spotted a group buy in the Asian RX Club that just ended 11/7 For around $910 (coil over springs and struts). Pictures they posted are here:

I cannot confirm yet if they are the red or purple ones but here's another translated post for them:

Last edited by Darith; 11-17-16 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added 4th gen RX Tanabe Coil Over Spec Possible Pic

Quick Reply: Aftermarket springs for 4th Gen RX (merged threads)