RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-17, 01:12 PM
addtemp
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by daoism76
Hello I live in Houston and was interested in F sport with ultra white and panoramic sunroof. What OTD should I be getting for FWD and AWD? does AWD improve handling? Thanks in advance.
I would say 14% off MSRP is doable. Personally I like FWD actually it has a bit better 0-60 time then AWD.because it weigths a bit less. AWD is really useful in sonowy conditions but then again nothing beats winter tires its just a plus.
Old 03-26-17, 02:48 PM
BB1857
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been reading this very informative forum for the last couple weeks as we have been looking for the wife's next car. The information on here was really helpful in saving us a bunch of money. Did a lease yesterday at Lexus of Silver Spring for an Eminent White/Noble Brown pretty loaded with luxury package, triple leds, heads up, etc.. Initially weren't looking for the luxury package or the noble brown as she really liked the parchment interior also but she fell in love with the heads up, pano roof, and triple leds. Had a deal basically done on non luxury with sticker of $53,993 with a $7500 discount plus the $500 lease cash which no other dealers would touch. Max I was getting was $6800 plus the $500 lease cash. Ended up getting the luxury package car with a sticker just over $61k with an $8500 discount plus the $500 lease cash and buy rate on the money factor. No silly add ons or pressure in the finance office which really stresses my wife out. She is really happy with it so far and loves the comfort compared to her BMW gran coupe.
Old 03-27-17, 10:49 AM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI. I reached out to Beverly Hills Lexus. They said Paul Scott no longer works with their dealership. They also would not work on price at all.

Originally Posted by dejams
Here's my response posted on #216.

"Jim Falk in Beverley Hill. I dealt with Paul Scott (Sales Manager) and Alicia Zerai (Sales Associate). They both were easy to deal with and gave me the best price comparing to other Socal dealers. Tell them Dean refers you. Good luck."
Old 03-27-17, 07:59 PM
GregT
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default More Info

Originally Posted by addtemp
Picked up my 2017 RX Eminent White with Parchment today.
Premium Package/ 12.3 Nav / Heated Ventilated Seats / Bamboo Trim / Bi=LED Adaptive Lights / BLIS with RCTA
MSRP: 53079.00
OTD : 48773.00
As been pointed out before, it doesn't do anyone any good when only showing OTD prices because tax, license, etc. vary so much from state to state. What was the selling price of the car?
Old 03-27-17, 09:53 PM
dejams
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
FYI. I reached out to Beverly Hills Lexus. They said Paul Scott no longer works with their dealership. They also would not work on price at all.
They all will eventually work on the price. I would shop around several dealers for the car you want. If they have a few same/exact models in their inventory, they will work on the price more. As a buyer, you are holding the cards and is up to you to ask around. You can use cars.com to search for the specific color, base, f-sport, etc. If travel is not an issue, I would send emails to several dealers within a 100 miles around LA using cars.com as your search tool and price inquiry. It does not hurt to ask...and use email as your first choice for communication. If the price sounds reasonable, then follow up with a call to show you are a serious buyer.
Old 03-27-17, 10:01 PM
dejams
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by danriley
Below is what i received from JM Lexus in Florida. The buy back was a little lower than the instant buy back price from KBB for a 650 BMW convertible in Pennsylvania and about $8k lower than trade. The RX car had roughly $5,000 options above what I wanted. The delta result is an MSRP of $13k more. Now I know that Lexus vehicles are so hard to find (sarcasm) but I am pretty sure that I can find a better deal out there. Nalley in Atlanta is starting to draw a lot of attention from us all I think. I just contacted them today. Knowing sales, it will get us the best deal and send a very strong message for the future.

I am starting to get frustrated with Lexus and am about to move to other brands...
There was no basic/base f-sport out here in the west coast so I was working with both of the mentioned dealers. Nalley in Atlanta was more competitive priced than JM. I didn't end up with either dealer because the shipping cost to west coast runs around $1500 and buyer responsible for all damages to the car during transport. The shipping coast and risk do not justify saving and headache.
Old 03-28-17, 04:31 AM
BB1857
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danriley
Below is what i received from JM Lexus in Florida. The buy back was a little lower than the instant buy back price from KBB for a 650 BMW convertible in Pennsylvania and about $8k lower than trade. The RX car had roughly $5,000 options above what I wanted. The delta result is an MSRP of $13k more. Now I know that Lexus vehicles are so hard to find (sarcasm) but I am pretty sure that I can find a better deal out there. Nalley in Atlanta is starting to draw a lot of attention from us all I think. I just contacted them today. Knowing sales, it will get us the best deal and send a very strong message for the future.

I am starting to get frustrated with Lexus and am about to move to other brands...
Have you looked in MD? I just picked up my wifes RX over the weekend and we got what I think is a pretty aggressive discount of $8500 plus the $500 lease cash for a total discount of $9000 on a vehicle with MSRP of just over $61k. I had worked out a $7500 plus $500 on a lesser equipped model with MSRP of just under $54k. They were the only dealer that would do that discount for us after sending many online inquiries to 6 dealers within about 50 miles of us. I can send you our sales guys info if you would like and they had a bunch of RX's in stock.
The following users liked this post:
DaveRea (06-19-17)
Old 03-28-17, 07:28 AM
rajvet
Driver School Candidate

Default Discounts

I see people claiming 14% off MSRP. How can that be when the difference between MSRP and Invoice is only about 6%? The dealers are not going to lose money selling cars.
Old 03-28-17, 07:35 AM
addtemp
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rajvet
I see people claiming 14% off MSRP. How can that be when the difference between MSRP and Invoice is only about 6%? The dealers are not going to lose money selling cars.
Answer is very simple. There are 2 types of incentives that lexus provides.
(1) General Public incentive i.e. Command Performance event in March.
(2) Dealer incentive that are only known to dealers usually that they can use to discount the car.
(3) Beside incentives provided by Lexus dealers also have holdback and bonus money on the volume of cars they sell.

And (2) is the bigger chunk almost always then (1). That is how they can sell car below invoice.
rajvet (03-28-17)
Old 03-28-17, 03:52 PM
UChokshi
Driver School Candidate

Default Best Price in Raleigh for RX 350

I live in Raleigh and looking for RX350 with Luxury Package and Panoramic roof. What could possibly OTD price? White or Satin Kashmir Parchment interior are preferred one.
Old 03-28-17, 06:54 PM
GregT
Rookie

Default Below Invoice

Originally Posted by rajvet
Invoice is getting like MSRP - kind of meaningless due to other kickbacks to dealers from Lexus, or any other manufacturer for that matter. Dealers will show you their invoice so you will believe you are getting a real 'deal', when in reality, invoice does not reflect the final, or true, price to the dealer.
rajvet (03-29-17)
Old 03-28-17, 08:06 PM
pentiumvi
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RX 350 Price Paid (Canada)

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on getting a 2017 RX350 (F-Sport series 2/3) in the coming weeks and was wondering whether anyone is willing to share some out the door price points?

I'm in Vancouver, so I do have a couple of of dealers to try (although probably not as competitive as Ontario )

Thanks!
Ibmimi (05-29-17)
Old 03-28-17, 10:26 PM
ifanchu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got a 2017 RX 350 AWD
Spec: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...LexusRX350.pdf

MSRP: $57,824
Got sales price at $51,029
Financed 1.99% APR with $1,500 rebate
Old 03-29-17, 09:08 AM
GregT
Rookie

Default Purchase Today

Pulled the trigger today on a 2017 RX 350. MSRP of $52,519 - (common configuration w/ 20" wheels, BSM, bamboo, heated seats, premium pkg, nav., yada, yada). Paid $44,682 with discounts and incentives. If my math is correct, that's just about a 15% discount off MSRP ($7,800). Out the door price, in Los Angeles with tax, license, etc. of $49,250. Lexus of Woodland Hills.
Old 03-29-17, 02:45 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GregT
Pulled the trigger today on a 2017 RX 350. MSRP of $52,519 - (common configuration w/ 20" wheels, BSM, bamboo, heated seats, premium pkg, nav., yada, yada). Paid $44,682 with discounts and incentives. If my math is correct, that's just about a 15% discount off MSRP ($7,800). Out the door price, in Los Angeles with tax, license, etc. of $49,250. Lexus of Woodland Hills.
I am new here and looking forward to join the club. I am in the search for 2017 RX350 in SoCal. Looks like you got a great deal. If you don't mind, could you please share the person's name/number who gave you this deal at the Lexus of Woodland Hills? Thank you.

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?