RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Most likely selling my F Sport...bittersweet

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-16, 03:13 PM
SFocLA
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Most likely selling my F Sport...bittersweet

Right now the RX is the daily driver and weekend family hauler, but soon will just be daily driver as my wife is getting Tesla Model X or larger SUV (company car so to speak).

Baby #2 due next year, sooner than anticipated, but blessed nonetheless. RX is my daily driver but will just be a gas guzzler if it's just for my 2 hr commute round trip each day. Model X will be the new weekend warrior.

Got an insane deal so I just ordered a Toyota Mirai (fuel cell)...yes going from RX F sport to the ugliest car possible, but reminding myself it is for the family.

And on the other note, F sport seats are getting less comfortable. I got big a$$ legs and really noticing the curvature of the seat are not as comfy as non f sport seats. Maybe it is a sign to lose some weight!

Anyways- I thought I would share with everyone my bittersweet news. Anyone with two infants or two kids in car seats please chime in. My wife is super skinny but we tried 2 car seats in the back with her in the middle and it was not comfy.

Going from this:

To this:

Old 08-26-16, 04:22 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

lol..

we shall miss you Jon..

Didn't you just get it after you wrecked the first one? Not in the cards..
Old 08-27-16, 12:07 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dang, hate to see a fellow member go! Especially someone with a white fsport as well! But hey, family comes first always, so just know you're doing the right thing.
Old 08-27-16, 09:47 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

at least you're not trading it in for a Toyota Minivan
Old 08-28-16, 10:33 AM
LexusRX16
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SFocLA,
Think tiwce before to get Tesla model X, I was traded in my 4Rx for Tesla model X, I put 600 miles on 4rx before traded in, Model X is really nice car, but battery is a nightmare, at home took too long to charged, if you're in hurry you will end up to wait, I was late for work twice this month because forgoten to charged my car at night
Old 08-28-16, 11:06 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Toyota Mirai I assume gets you the top tier HOV Lane access when driving by oneself? (Silver sticker or whatever is the current one?) - In CA, with a 2 hour commute, and if you are on a freeway with HOV lane
as an option with the Mirai , I could totally understand......

I'm in the market for another Lexus, but a part of me is tempted to get a fuel efficient car that would allow me access to the HOV lane....

Originally Posted by SFocLA
Right now the RX is the daily driver and weekend family hauler, but soon will just be daily driver as my wife is getting Tesla Model X or larger SUV (company car so to speak).

Baby #2 due next year, sooner than anticipated, but blessed nonetheless. RX is my daily driver but will just be a gas guzzler if it's just for my 2 hr commute round trip each day. Model X will be the new weekend warrior.

Got an insane deal so I just ordered a Toyota Mirai (fuel cell)...yes going from RX F sport to the ugliest car possible, but reminding myself it is for the family.

And on the other note, F sport seats are getting less comfortable. I got big a$$ legs and really noticing the curvature of the seat are not as comfy as non f sport seats. Maybe it is a sign to lose some weight!

Anyways- I thought I would share with everyone my bittersweet news. Anyone with two infants or two kids in car seats please chime in. My wife is super skinny but we tried 2 car seats in the back with her in the middle and it was not comfy.

Going from this:

To this:

Old 08-28-16, 12:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

The Mirai is a neat vehicle, I watched a couple of reviews of it on YouTube...should be great for your commute.

Originally Posted by LexusRX16
SFocLA,
Think tiwce before to get Tesla model X, I was traded in my 4Rx for Tesla model X, I put 600 miles on 4rx before traded in, Model X is really nice car, but battery is a nightmare, at home took too long to charged, if you're in hurry you will end up to wait, I was late for work twice this month because forgoten to charged my car at night
Not sure how forgetting to charge the Tesla is the cars fault. If you forget to put gas in your car it won't run either lol

Do you have a proper charging station installed in your home?
Old 08-29-16, 10:04 AM
SFocLA
Driver

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
lol..

we shall miss you Jon..

Didn't you just get it after you wrecked the first one? Not in the cards..
Thanks man, yeah maybe RX isnt meant to be lol, 2 brand new F sports will be gone in less than 12 months. I guess that is life...

Originally Posted by SoKali-RX
Dang, hate to see a fellow member go! Especially someone with a white fsport as well! But hey, family comes first always, so just know you're doing the right thing.
Thank you, family does come first but really bummed as I thought I was going to drive this thing until my 1 year old turned 15 haha.

Originally Posted by skiracer
at least you're not trading it in for a Toyota Minivan
True that, actually we ordered a Sienna last year then went to LA Auto Show and wife was not impressed and loved RX.

Originally Posted by LexusRX16
SFocLA,
I hear you, my in laws just got their Model X this past weekend...ours wont come in for a while so we will see how it performs. So far one of the rear doors sensor has an issue already lol.

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
Toyota Mirai I assume gets you the top tier HOV Lane access when driving by oneself? (Silver sticker or whatever is the current one?) - In CA, with a 2 hour commute, and if you are on a freeway with HOV lane
as an option with the Mirai , I could totally understand......

I'm in the market for another Lexus, but a part of me is tempted to get a fuel efficient car that would allow me access to the HOV lane....
HOV access yes, also $5k rebate from CA. Not to mention with my Toyota Family deal I get $15k hydrogren gas card. ANDDDDD my city has a hydrogen station, which was clutch.

Originally Posted by SW15LS
The Mirai is a neat vehicle, I watched a couple of reviews of it on YouTube...should be great for your commute.

Not sure how forgetting to charge the Tesla is the cars fault. If you forget to put gas in your car it won't run either lol

Do you have a proper charging station installed in your home?
haha I agree, forgetting to charge Tesla is user error. I just had my electrician install the charging station for my in laws as their model X got delivered this past weekend.

Old 08-29-16, 10:21 AM
SFocLA
Driver

My Mirai Toyota Family deal that I could not pass up, keep in mind MSRP $60k car!

36 month lease, 12k annual miles
$199 plus tax
+ $1500 down

-$5,000 California Rebate
-$15,000 hydrogen gas card (station located less than 1 mile from my house)
-HOV sticker

Here she is waiting for someone to drive it down to socal...her backside is so ugly. face is nice tho.

Old 08-29-16, 01:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Hard to argue with those numbers!
Old 08-29-16, 01:49 PM
714guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats our setup. I have a 15 Month and a 2 Month. My wifes sits in the middle when we take that car. she says it comfy for her, but she's tiny. Thats the same same setup in our Sienna too. hope you enjoy yout Mirai!!
Old 08-29-16, 03:36 PM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

....yes going from RX F sport to the ugliest car possible
Yes, I think history will pretty much show them to be the most hideous car ever released publically.
You obviously love your family!

Attached Thumbnails Most likely selling my F Sport...bittersweet-mirai-1600x900_tcm-11-323560.jpg