RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Panoramic Roof Fell Apart

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-16, 05:55 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Lol. I honestly do not think you are being unreasonable at all. If it were me I would be upset that this issue, to no fault of my own, is causing a large inconvenience. I would want the same car or the car of my choice if it would be under repair for an x amount of time. I would not be upset at the dealer since they didn't have anything to do with the production of the vehicle but this IS a manufacture defect and I would expect the dealer to do whatever it takes to remedy the issue.

If the issue cannot be solved.... replace the vehicle!

It does suck that you are making a payment to a vehicle that isn't even in your possession. Come on.. Free service coupon? Discount on next big service? Give me something!
Old 08-22-16, 06:18 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Valley101
Your are the one being funny. What if you were one of the many who pay cash for their vehicles and this happens. Then what would you expect. Do as the person above stated. Be calm, act in a professional manner, and discuss with the GM and then go to corporate if necessary. DO NOT demand anything! State your case and ask what they can do for you. In my business if you come in and demand anything, all I am going to do is show you the door. I have had couple of issues over the years and by acting in a professional manner you will be surprised at well you may be treated. I would say if the car is a rental, that it really is not your car. It is a rental, and I would suggest if the issue cannot be resolved in a timely manner (30 days), that they replace your vehicle with a like vehicle. When they repair/solve the issue with the damaged rental then can sell on the open market. Your problem solved, and in the end the manufacturer/dealer will most likely come out ahead financially. I have owned Toyota/Lexus vehicles going back many many years and have always been treated well no matter the issue.
Well good for you then. Glad I won't be doing business with you, because in my business, I do whatever I can to take care of the customer as long as it's a reasonable demand. Some people might think it's unreasonable, some may not, at least I'm asking here for advice so that I can be well informed before I take action. What I don't appreciate is people on here who think they know it all and post stupid **** without adding anything to the thread.

I would rather not go through the lemon law of getting the vehicle replaced which is why I even asked the question.

Thank you to everyone else who provided their opinions and insight.
Old 08-22-16, 06:22 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

I found this info in the manual:

Step 1 Discuss the situation with a dealership manager, such as the service manager or customer satisfaction manager. If necessary, ask the dealership owner or general manager for assistance. In most cases, a satisfactory solution can be reached at this step.

Step 2 If the dealership does not address your concern to your satisfaction, call the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at (800) 25-LEXUS (800/255-3987). In Canada, call (800) 26-LEXUS (800/265-3987). In Mexico, call 95-1-310-328-2075. You may also write to us at: Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department P.O. Box 2991 Torrance, CA 90509-2991 Whether calling or writing, please provide the following information: • 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) found on the vehicle registration paperwork and on the certification label located inside the driver’s door jamb • Current vehicle mileage • Name of your selling and servicing Lexus dealerships • Your day and evening telephone numbers

Step 3 If your concern has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, Lexus offers additional assistance through: National Center for Dispute Settlement (NCDS) P.O. Box 457 Mt. Clemens, MI 48046 (866) 272-4872 Important: You must use NCDS prior to exercising rights or seeking remedies available to you through a court action pursuant to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. In addition, you must use NCDS if you are required to do so prior to exercising certain rights or seeking certain remedies available under the Lemon Laws of your state. See the Lemon Law Guide for specific requirements applicable in your state. However, if your state law permits and if you choose to exercise rights and seek remedies that are not created by the Act, you need not use NCDS

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY1...ices-guide.pdf

page 12
The following users liked this post:
Geekteach (12-20-19)
Old 08-22-16, 06:23 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Lol. I honestly do not think you are being unreasonable at all. If it were me I would be upset that this issue, to no fault of my own, is causing a large inconvenience. I would want the same car or the car of my choice if it would be under repair for an x amount of time. I would not be upset at the dealer since they didn't have anything to do with the production of the vehicle but this IS a manufacture defect and I would expect the dealer to do whatever it takes to remedy the issue.

If the issue cannot be solved.... replace the vehicle!

It does suck that you are making a payment to a vehicle that isn't even in your possession. Come on.. Free service coupon? Discount on next big service? Give me something!
Exactly my thoughts. Longo Lexus has always been good to me, they've told me that this is the first time they've encountered this problem. Since the car is still fairly new, they can't figure out the issue. They told me they see themselves keeping the car for a foreseeable future. I can't be mad at them because they didn't make the car. A $800 car payment is not going to cause any set back to a multibillion dollar company like Lexus.
Old 08-22-16, 06:29 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoKali-RX
Exactly my thoughts. Longo Lexus has always been good to me, they've told me that this is the first time they've encountered this problem. Since the car is still fairly new, they can't figure out the issue. They told me they see themselves keeping the car for a foreseeable future. I can't be mad at them because they didn't make the car. A $800 car payment is not going to cause any set back to a multibillion dollar company like Lexus.
Just get the car you want and drive the hell out of it.

I would for sure demand an RX loaner that I want. You can't expect me to pay for an SUV and be stuck in a tiny IS for an x amount of time.
Old 08-22-16, 06:56 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Just get the car you want and drive the hell out of it.

I would for sure demand an RX loaner that I want. You can't expect me to pay for an SUV and be stuck in a tiny IS for an x amount of time.
Trust me, I tried lol. But policies are policies...
Old 08-23-16, 01:54 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

No, I'm not being funny. The fact that they kept my vehicle without providing me any updates and asked me to come in on a Friday afternoon while I'm at work to help them figure out what is wrong is unacceptable. I paid for an SUV because of the utility of the vehicle so if you're going to provide me a rental, it better be similar to my car. But no, they have a policy of only providing IS and CT, so I was being serious with my question. If you don't have anything useful to add to the topic, then don't post.
Only thing left to add is the word "entitlement". Take it as useful or not.
Old 08-23-16, 08:01 AM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Only thing left to add is the word "entitlement". Take it as useful or not.
Right, because I bought the car and my work requires me to travel and sometimes move product and merchandises, it is therefore my fault that the vehicle had issues and my fault that I requested a similar vehicle to service me during my time of inconvenience. It's also my fault for being over 6ft and crammed into a tiny vehicle. Tough crowd these days on CL where a simple question gets treated like a dumb one. Or maybe just dumb posters with nothing better to do than to thread crap. Take that as useful or not.
Old 08-23-16, 08:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Folks please stop the rude personal commentary or exit this thread
The following users liked this post:
Shaker66 (06-20-23)
Old 08-23-16, 08:36 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Did they mention specifically what part of the issue they can't figure out? I don't understand why they need your help. If parts of the sunroof failed, they should just replace them and move on. I don't get the uncertainty. Surely I am missing something?
Old 08-23-16, 08:59 AM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
Did they mention specifically what part of the issue they can't figure out? I don't understand why they need your help. If parts of the sunroof failed, they should just replace them and move on. I don't get the uncertainty. Surely I am missing something?
Your guess is as good as mine. My take is that they didn't think anything was wrong with it until I pointed out that the roof was flexing when it was opened. It was confirmed by their tech after we took a test drive with the tech sitting in the back of the car observing the roof. Now they're not sure what's causing the roof to flex like that...
Old 08-23-16, 09:31 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Keep us posted.
Old 08-23-16, 01:00 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

A rubber thing fell on seat on mine but the dealer fixed it in 15 min. Also the operation of the roof sounds flimsy. The opening is tiny and buffets. To be honest I never use mine. I sometimes open the shade. I originally thought it would be cool because my friends X5 had once, but since getting it has not been open more than 2x for less than a 1 minute haha.

You use your often?
Old 08-24-16, 04:20 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

So got an update today. They took apart the whole pano roof and told me that there were a couple defective parts. They told me that this has become an increasing problem, so those of you with pano roofs should look out for this problem.
Old 08-24-16, 05:19 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

So got an update today. They took apart the whole pano roof and told me that there were a couple defective parts. They told me that this has become an increasing problem, so those of you with pano roofs should look out for this problem.
Should I open my pano roof more often to try and recreate the events that led to it breaking?

Quick Reply: Panoramic Roof Fell Apart