RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Rear entertainment system

Old 07-10-16, 07:37 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear entertainment system

Hi,
Does anyone have the rear entertainment system? If so how do you like it? Can the screens be removed when not going to be used?
Old 07-10-16, 09:28 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Ya i use a 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 which cost me $140 last year. Works great...
Old 07-19-16, 07:28 PM
Roughneck
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pointers on good aftermarket rear entertainment systems that intergrate well with the RX.
Old 07-20-16, 10:09 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Still considering this option. But I want to see if they can be removed easily when not being used.
Old 07-21-16, 04:55 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

The units are not removable. If you want a crossover vehicle with removable rear entertainment take a good look at the New 2017 Audi Q7.

I been using two ipads mounted behind my front seats on my 4GS and they work great so far. The only complaint is for long term the mounts bought on Amazon or ebay are usually cheaply made and will either break on you or get loose and develope rattles before eventually breaking. Also its kinda annoying to take off every day to charge and put back when full. One more thing to worry about.

And you cant have them mounted while you on the road and parked somewhere where there are prying eyes around, your just asking for someone to break a window and you will be 2 ipads poorer. These are just some of the things that annoyed me with ipads mounted in place of OEM rear entertainment systems. Its somthing you got to think about before you make your decision.
Old 07-22-16, 01:01 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
The units are not removable. If you want a crossover vehicle with removable rear entertainment take a good look at the New 2017 Audi Q7.

I been using two ipads mounted behind my front seats on my 4GS and they work great so far. The only complaint is for long term the mounts bought on Amazon or ebay are usually cheaply made and will either break on you or get loose and develope rattles before eventually breaking. Also its kinda annoying to take off every day to charge and put back when full. One more thing to worry about.

And you cant have them mounted while you on the road and parked somewhere where there are prying eyes around, your just asking for someone to break a window and you will be 2 ipads poorer. These are just some of the things that annoyed me with ipads mounted in place of OEM rear entertainment systems. Its somthing you got to think about before you make your decision.
I wonder if it's safe to leave OEM entertainment systems that have removable tablets. It would have a similar problem like having iPads mounted on the back of the seat.
Old 07-22-16, 05:25 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
I wonder if it's safe to leave OEM entertainment systems that have removable tablets. It would have a similar problem like having iPads mounted on the back of the seat.
I would tint the rears even more. Now that I added tint to the factory tint, it is very hard to see inside the back at all.