RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Sequential tail lights installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-16, 11:50 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Unfortunately for us early adopters, the 2017s will probably have them.
Are you sure? I though it was us law that's why they couldn't. Japan had it from day 1.
Old 07-08-16, 11:56 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Are you sure? I though it was us law that's why they couldn't. Japan had it from day 1.
It is due to a law. The law says that with sequential lights, the initial light must be a certain size. Unfortunately the 4RX sequences from a single strip of light to the larger cluster at the end. The law is archaic and needs to be amended, just like the US headlight law that bans intelligent multi beam headlights here in the States.
Old 07-08-16, 12:09 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Is it from a Lexus dealer in Japan? I wonder if I can get my hands on these..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-08-16, 01:17 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
It is due to a law. The law says that with sequential lights, the initial light must be a certain size. Unfortunately the 4RX sequences from a single strip of light to the larger cluster at the end. The law is archaic and needs to be amended, just like the US headlight law that bans intelligent multi beam headlights here in the States.
That is true, however I have seen new Audi A3s at the dealership that just do a strip now, so at least Audi figured it out how to make it happen.
Old 07-08-16, 01:48 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Is it from a Lexus dealer in Japan? I wonder if I can get my hands on these..

-Josh
Check the thread rear tail lights something. I posted a link how you can buy them!
Old 07-08-16, 07:49 PM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Use this thread for all the info. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post9420342
Old 07-09-16, 08:52 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

are you in the US?? isn't this illegal here?
Old 07-09-16, 10:05 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
are you in the US?? isn't this illegal here?
Many mods are illegal, e.g. loud exhaust, front windows/windshield tints, aftermarket HID...but that doesn't stop us enthusiasts does it?
Old 07-09-16, 02:22 PM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenforum
Many mods are illegal, e.g. loud exhaust, front windows/windshield tints, aftermarket HID...but that doesn't stop us enthusiasts does it?
I doubt the police would even be aware of this technicality anyway. It's more so just something that couldn't be done due to a law that was likely just meant to ensure that the regular old single light turn signals were large enough. So even if they were aware of the issue, unless the cop was in a particularly ****ty mood that day and really didn't like the way you were driving...
Old 07-09-16, 02:39 PM
Turri
9th Gear

The total cost is about $1500, totally worth it
No word about whether the front is plug and play too. I'm guessing it is but I want to be fairly sure. We need a guy like "760A" to know more info. He is the man!

As for which vendor it is, I don't really know unfortunately. My friend only told me to pay and wait for the lights to arrive.
$1500 installed, $1500 labor only, $1500 for parts only? Mind sharing who sourced these for you?
Old 07-09-16, 04:32 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frubalup
I doubt the police would even be aware of this technicality anyway. It's more so just something that couldn't be done due to a law that was likely just meant to ensure that the regular old single light turn signals were large enough. So even if they were aware of the issue, unless the cop was in a particularly ****ty mood that day and really didn't like the way you were driving...
Totally agree. One usually got screwed doing these mods only when he got pulled over for regular traffic violation.

Originally Posted by Turri
$1500 installed, $1500 labor only, $1500 for parts only? Mind sharing who sourced these for you?
No labor cost if you DIY. So parts only. I am trying to think about what kind of work will cost $1500 labor though lol

I am not sure who eventually were able to source the tail lights for me. I just had a friend who said he was able to find some guy who works in a body shop and has connection to a vendor in LA.
Old 07-09-16, 07:02 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

I seriously think it's this one..

BUL, LED, Sequential

I translated it from japanese to english

http://jp-carparts.com/lexus/part_de...1&part=2890517

this is for the right side only and not sure if this is the cold weather model one as well.

They have ones for cold weather, not sure what that is. I think I understand now. Cold weather model, one of the rear light bulb colors is not white but red. This way you can turn on that rear fog light that many mercedes have so you can see the vehicle clearly from behind in fog or rain. Useless in north america as we don't have that feature.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...blog/34235615/

They also have the regular ones for North America.

You can't return or exchange it if it doesn't work so it's a gamble.

Last edited by aznkorboi; 07-09-16 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-09-16, 09:39 PM
Turri
9th Gear

Totally agree. One usually got screwed doing these mods only when he got pulled over for regular traffic violation.

No labor cost if you DIY. So parts only. I am trying to think about what kind of work will cost $1500 labor though lol

I am not sure who eventually were able to source the tail lights for me. I just had a friend who said he was able to find some guy who works in a body shop and has connection to a vendor in LA.
Mind sharing the part numbers from the boxes? Sure would make it easier than guessing.
Old 07-09-16, 10:22 PM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turri
Mind sharing the part numbers from the boxes? Sure would make it easier than guessing.
Getting information is like extracting teeth.
Old 07-10-16, 08:12 AM
boomer10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by frubalup
What about passing annual state inspection? I doubt some inspectors will catch this mod. But some might.

Quick Reply: Sequential tail lights installed!!!