RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport seats, comfortable?

Old 03-20-16, 07:33 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The F-Sport seats in my GS350 were perfect. The leather was Cabernet (not black) and did not show any undue creasing in the bolsters after almost 3 years. If anything, black leather would show MORE creases than a lighter leather.

Take it from experience. The rich, soft black leather in my SC300 showed more creases/cracks than any other car I've every had.
Old 05-23-16, 04:49 PM
SultanJHN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-sport seats, comfortable?

hello, here's my dilemma, I'm about to buy my 1st Rx but I only want the f-sport model (black with red interior) however I'm worried that the f-sport seats are not comfortable. knowing that I'm a bit chubby ( you may say that I do have a big ***) 171cm tall and 80 kg. from your experience does it have comfortable seats for a semi-fluffy guy? the reason I'm asking is that i couldn't find any f-sport models at any dealerships.

PS. seats are a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by SultanJHN; 05-23-16 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-23-16, 07:40 PM
pBOMB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SultanJHN
hello, here's my dilemma, I'm about to buy my 1st Rx but I only want the f-sport model (black with red interior) however I'm worried that the f-sport seats are not comfortable. knowing that I'm a bit chubby ( you may say that I do have a big ***) 171cm tall and 80 kg. from your experience does it have comfortable seats for a semi-fluffy guy? the reason I'm asking is that i couldn't find any f-sport models at any dealerships.

PS. seats are a deal breaker for me.
They are def comfy but getting in and out is a B. Wait until u can find one and you will see what I'm talking about, it has like a lip. Wasn't a dealbreaker for me though.
Old 05-23-16, 09:44 PM
CR600M
Driver School Candidate

Default Sport seats on RX

I wanted those Sport Red seats too. Finally got to drive one and .....hated the seats. Very snug and better for a sports sedan. I 6'3 and 235 lb and wouldn't be able to drive with sports seat for any long trips. I purchased a non-sport model and got red on the outside instead of the inside. Don't buy until you try!
Old 05-24-16, 06:24 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I'm 6' 1" and 225 or so... I found the Sport seats a little snug at first. Going from the other seat in a 3RX they were tight, but no so much anymore. As far as a long trip, the longest trip has only been 200 miles...they were fine for that distance. My wife likes the seats as they give her much more support, especially on turns.

Last edited by FastFord; 05-24-16 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-29-16, 08:48 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

6'3"
190-195 pounds

At first the f sport seats were very uncomfortable. My legs stick out of the bolsters and it was so stiff.

Now I love them a week later. My thighs still stick out but it's fine.

Also because the bolster is high when I get out I smash it down so it has a leather crease in the bolster.

As long as I take care of it it should not crack over time
Old 05-30-16, 04:42 AM
fular
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am 6'1" 210 pounds
I bought the F sport and drove it for 3 days. I hated the seats. My thighs were sitting on the seat edge and that was not comfortable at all. Getting out of these seats were not comfortable. Sitting on the edge for longer than 20 minutes was painful

I took the car back to dealer and paid extra to switch to the executive model

The seats need to be comfortable in day 1. I donot want to wait for few weeks to get used to them, not after paying that much money for the SUV. Lexus should have kept the old sport seats they had in the GS instaed of changing to these seats

My advice, dive the car for 20 or 30 min, make sure yoy like the seats before you buy. Do not to the sales person that you will get used to the seats, no the seats should be right day 1

I loved everything about the F sport but the seats were deal breaker for me. Being comfortable when driving is the most important thing
Old 05-30-16, 06:58 AM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fular
I am 6'1" 210 pounds
I bought the F sport and drove it for 3 days. I hated the seats. My thighs were sitting on the seat edge and that was not comfortable at all. Getting out of these seats were not comfortable. Sitting on the edge for longer than 20 minutes was painful

I took the car back to dealer and paid extra to switch to the executive model

The seats need to be comfortable in day 1. I donot want to wait for few weeks to get used to them, not after paying that much money for the SUV. Lexus should have kept the old sport seats they had in the GS instaed of changing to these seats

My advice, dive the car for 20 or 30 min, make sure yoy like the seats before you buy. Do not to the sales person that you will get used to the seats, no the seats should be right day 1

I loved everything about the F sport but the seats were deal breaker for me. Being comfortable when driving is the most important thing

How much extra did you had to pay. I like to slide in/out of my suv. That is the main reason I drive a suv, doesn't look like I can do that with the F sports. And occasionally I sit side way to talk to my wife on long road trip.

Lexus can seem to get the F-sport right, 2015 was too stiff supenssion. Some dealer still have 2015 F sport. And this year seat are too tight. Thanks to this site,or I would be stuck with a uncomfortable $60k car.
Old 05-30-16, 03:40 PM
rscpa
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Not comfortable seats

I am 6'1" 215, the f sport seats were very uncomfortable for me. Purchased the regular model.
Old 06-01-16, 08:47 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 117 Posts

When we were looking at the '16 RX, the seats on the F-Sport was one of the item to be considered for us. It was between the F-sport or the luxury model. Really liked the F-Sport and that was what we were going for but the seats are just not comfortable.
Ultimately, we decided the RX(SUV) is not needed for another 2-3 years so we ended up picking up another GS350(F-Sport). I do wish that the '16 RX F-sport has the control of the side bolstering of the seats like the GS350-Fsport.
Old 06-25-16, 04:48 AM
Hessm315
Driver School Candidate

Default 2016 F Sport Seats

I am the new proud owner of a 2016 RX 350 F Sport.:thumb:

My first Lexus and a major upgrade from my last SUV.

After getting more of a feel of the vehicle I'm wondering if the F sport seats will actually be comfortable for longer trips.

Would anyone here know if the Lexus dealership can swap out the seat cushions to the regular RX seats?
Old 06-25-16, 05:22 AM
Hessm315
Driver School Candidate

...And I'm just referring to the butt portion of the seat...the side bolsters are fun but long trips may be a nuisance.
Old 06-25-16, 02:03 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Hessm315
I am the new proud owner of a 2016 RX 350 F Sport.:thumb:

My first Lexus and a major upgrade from my last SUV.

After getting more of a feel of the vehicle I'm wondering if the F sport seats will actually be comfortable for longer trips.

Would anyone here know if the Lexus dealership can swap out the seat cushions to the regular RX seats?
No go on the seat cushions. the F sport is a thing that gets better overtime however the initially feel is they are stiffer and narrower
Old 06-29-16, 06:41 PM
Hessm315
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
No go on the seat cushions. the F sport is a thing that gets better overtime however the initially feel is they are stiffer and narrower
I'm already enjoying the seats more on the F Sport but, out of curiousty, is it really that technically challenging to change the seat cushions to standard or luxury trim RX ??
Old 06-29-16, 06:52 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Hessm315
I'm already enjoying the seats more on the F Sport but, out of curiousty, is it really that technically challenging to change the seat cushions to standard or luxury trim RX ??
The seats are designed differently. Whatever the case, any service department will turn ya down since its not something they want to be liable for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-sport seats, comfortable?