RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Navigation screen not working, flashes pink screen every 12 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-16, 08:08 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

It has been fixed? So the solution is to pull out the battery.
I thought this did not totally fix the issue since somebody did this and the issue returned.
Old 06-10-16, 09:25 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
I thought this did not totally fix the issue since somebody did this and the issue returned.
Pulling the fuse is a lot more easy. There are instructions in this thread.
Old 06-10-16, 09:52 AM
TominBoise
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Weather and Traffic info not working

When I try to view my weather and traffic info I get a screen saying no data currently available please try later. It has been like this since the navigation issue from a few days ago.
Is this related to that problem?
Is anybody else's weather and traffic info not working?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 06-10-16, 01:26 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Yes it probably is. You probably need to reset the ECU by pulling a certain fuse. Check this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...2-seconds.html
Old 06-10-16, 02:35 PM
clwu
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

forget all that hassle. just take it to the dealership's service. it took my service 20mins total to get it done. no getting your hands dirty, no appointments needed.
Old 06-10-16, 08:59 PM
Oldfart
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by clwu
forget all that hassle. just take it to the dealership's service. it took my service 20mins total to get it done. no getting your hands dirty, no appointments needed.
Here in CA it will take me 25 min to get to the dealership and 25 to get back home.
I am taking fuse out it is much faster and economical at the same time.
Old 06-11-16, 06:30 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

OFFICIAL:

http://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answe.../190,1287,1322

So yes it is fixed since Tuesday, June 7, at 11:00 pm PST!
Old 06-11-16, 09:36 AM
TominBoise
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I pulled the fuses and did a reset. After a few minutes the traffic under the info tab came back but the weather is still unavailable. I have also noticed when i go into the inform app the fuel guide is now giving me i need a active subscription that i did not get before this traffic/weather problem Lexus has had. Will check later to see if anything changes.
Old 06-11-16, 01:52 PM
riwyle
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default weather and traffic

I received this email from Lexus last night.:

You may or may not have recently experienced difficulties related to the navigation display in your Lexus. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 Model Year Lexus vehicles.

In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit to restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system, audio and climate control features, and the hands-free mobile phone functions. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected Tuesday, June 7, at 11:00 pm PST.

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system.

Lexus owners experiencing these issues should visit their dealer for a complimentary system reset and a confirmation of the system. Until then, owners of affected vehicles should exercise additional caution when driving. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced.

If you have further questions, please visit our FAQ site at http://lexus.us/1Xb4cMz or contact our Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time.
Old 06-11-16, 02:37 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Take it to the dealer.
Old 06-12-16, 05:55 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by riwyle
I received this email from Lexus last night.:

You may or may not have recently experienced difficulties related to the navigation display in your Lexus. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 Model Year Lexus vehicles.

In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit to restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system, audio and climate control features, and the hands-free mobile phone functions. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected Tuesday, June 7, at 11:00 pm PST.

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system.

Lexus owners experiencing these issues should visit their dealer for a complimentary system reset and a confirmation of the system. Until then, owners of affected vehicles should exercise additional caution when driving. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced.

If you have further questions, please visit our FAQ site at http://lexus.us/1Xb4cMz or contact our Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time.
I got the e-mail too.
It only happened to me once. Not the nav screen but my phone/audio player kept flashing on and off.
I'm wondering if it's a related problem m
Old 06-13-16, 11:39 AM
germangs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up calling to Ira Lexus service adviser to report the issue and get info on how to resolve the issue. I had instruction provided over the phone to disconnect negative cable from the battery and reconnect it back after 5 minutes. After that turn the car on and wait until the download is completed. I followed this instruction and issue was corrected.
Old 06-14-16, 12:29 PM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think Lexus Service may be doing the battery disconnect on every "qualifying" vehicle that comes in. I dropped mine off this morning for a few minor issues. I also mentioned that the Nav unit froze twice. The tech who was looking at something else on my Rxh looked up and said: oh, we need to reset the system - disconnect the battery. I told him I didn't have that flashing screen thing, it just froze and was fine after I rebooted the system. He said they should do it anyway to be sure.
Old 06-16-16, 07:52 AM
jennifercg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happened to our RX as well, but luckily we had our 5k service scheduled the day it happened.
Old 02-16-17, 08:56 AM
clwu
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Occasionally happens

Sorry to bring this back up.

however, I've been experiencing flashing pink problems occasionally.
i got it fixed when it was nation wide problem.

now, I don't get it every time I turn on the car like before, but occasionally. Happened about 4 times.
It happened again today. However, when it happens it just flash pink, screen turns off for like 30seconds and then run normal.

anyone experience this?

Quick Reply: Navigation screen not working, flashes pink screen every 12 seconds