RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Brand New RX350 Broke down at 33KM ODO

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-16, 01:36 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

So they replaced the ECU under warranty.
What is the problem again?
I get you are angry but I still don't get how they didn't live up to the service if they replaced the faulty part (ECU) and you are on the road again.

Life happens.

And for those not "buying" a Lexus now, you should visit other automotive boards and read up on issues.
Nothing different seen in the other brands.
These are complicated mechanical devices and unfortunately things can break on them.
Old 06-03-16, 02:05 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Not to be nosy or anything, but what is your monthy payment or lease payment???? They should've refunded you 5 days worth of payment AT least IMO, given you free oil changes/service for that dollar amount that never expires, yeah that's pretty *****ty the way you were treated IMO.
Old 06-04-16, 08:13 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

Maybe it is different in Canada, but doesn't Lexus now offer 4 free services on all new vehicles? That is what I was told last weekend. I'm essentially free and clear of maintenance costs for the entire time that I will own my vehicle. Not really sure what good that $200 is going to do you, especially if it expires in the next 30 days.
Old 06-05-16, 07:04 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Maybe it is different in Canada, but doesn't Lexus now offer 4 free services on all new vehicles? That is what I was told last weekend. I'm essentially free and clear of maintenance costs for the entire time that I will own my vehicle. Not really sure what good that $200 is going to do you, especially if it expires in the next 30 days.
Lexus only includes complimentary maintanence on the first two (5K and 10K miles or 6 months and 1 year).

OP, 5 days at the dealer doesn't seem too bad if they addressed the problem. If they put you in a loaner, then what's the problem? It saves your car some wear and tear. Our family has gone through multiple luxury brands (Audi, BMW, MB, Jaguar, even Lincoln and Volvo) and they have had their share of problems. Look at any of those forums and you will see worse complaints and problems. You got a faulty part installed on your car...it was a minor hiccup on your ownership experience, get over it and enjoy your car now. It'll probably be smooth sailing from now on. Maybe try spending the $200 credit on parts or accessories before it expires?
Old 06-06-16, 11:03 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replacing the ECU is not a major problem. They took care of it and now you're good to go. Why all the fuss?
Old 06-06-16, 05:35 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by MDames2
Replacing the ECU is not a major problem. They took care of it and now you're good to go. Why all the fuss?
Bought new car, 33KM later breaksdown....not really confidence inspiring for a lot of folks. Natural response.
Old 06-07-16, 12:34 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

I have had Bmw,MB but Lexus seems to have the best dealers when it comes to customer service and even Lexus USA is top notch when comes to customer service, had filed complaints with them in the past.
Old 06-07-16, 01:15 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
I have had Bmw,MB but Lexus seems to have the best dealers when it comes to customer service and even Lexus USA is top notch when comes to customer service, had filed complaints with them in the past.
Can Canadian Lexus ppl call Lexus USA for help then? lol
Old 06-07-16, 01:18 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Onion
Can Canadian Lexus ppl call Lexus USA for help then? lol
Ask your rep to escalate to higher authority and you don't wanna continue the correspondence with you.
Old 06-07-16, 05:36 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 601 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
Lexus has horrible customer service in Canada. I know from family members that have MB and BMW that they really take care of their customers. When things go wrong.

Lexus on the other hand is really good until you pickup the car. After that good luck with any issues. They make it obvious that they really don't care about one customer.
Old 06-08-16, 12:58 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Lexus has horrible customer service in Canada. I know from family members that have MB and BMW that they really take care of their customers. When things go wrong.

Lexus on the other hand is really good until you pickup the car. After that good luck with any issues. They make it obvious that they really don't care about one customer.

...and this is not the case in the US.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...ndex-csi-study

I wonder why?

And it certainly wasn't the case a few years ago.

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/j-d...ets-in-canada/

No clue as to what happened since then. (or you are just wrong in your overall assumptions)

Last edited by bootman; 06-08-16 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 02:32 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bootman
...and this is not the case in the US.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...ndex-csi-study

I wonder why?

And it certainly wasn't the case a few years ago.

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/j-d...ets-in-canada/

No clue as to what happened since then. (or you are just wrong in your overall assumptions)
Can we go to US t o fix our cars under warranty then.
Old 06-15-16, 12:15 PM
EvanJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now I have 300km on the car and the 3D camera system failed. The Camera view flashes occasionally and I posted the video at the link below. no clue what the problem could be, and I will send it back to the dealer again this weekend. I really had enough with this car.

https://goo.gl/photos/udAiBtmVMJP939Ge6
Old 06-15-16, 12:21 PM
EvanJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also this car has a loud noise when accelerating slowly. It is low frequency engine noise which make me feel headache. it also vibrates sometimes when breaks. It saw another posting about the noise and breaks. Lexus should recall their junks. I felt bad when US gave Toyota a big penalty on their break problems. I thought it was political things against Japan, but now I feel that Toyota deserves it.

Last edited by EvanJ; 06-15-16 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-15-16, 06:45 PM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EvanJ
now I have 300km on the car ...
300km? Or 30km?

Quick Reply: Brand New RX350 Broke down at 33KM ODO