RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Full screen panoramic camera?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-16, 12:45 PM
fular
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Full screen panoramic camera?

Is it possible to view the rear or the panaromic camera in full screen mode instead of having the map using 1/3 of the screen?
Old 05-12-16, 03:36 AM
fular
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know how to change this?
Old 05-12-16, 07:09 AM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Check out this video. Very comprehensive about the extent of the Panoramic View Monitor. Check out Minute 1:33.
There is no way to do a full screen 360 view, but you can do a full screen rear view.
There are other "How to Videos" here:
http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...exus-videos.do
Go to RX-->2016-->Display-->Panoramic View Monitor
Old 05-12-16, 08:26 AM
fular
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Curryolla
Check out this video. Very comprehensive about the extent of the Panoramic View Monitor. Check out Minute 1:33.
Panoramic View Monitor - YouTube
There is no way to do a full screen 360 view, but you can do a full screen rear view.
There are other "How to Videos" here:
http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...exus-videos.do
Go to RX-->2016-->Display-->Panoramic View Monitor
Thank you for sharing the video. I wish Lexus can update their software to provide full screen panoramic view

How do I get the full screen rear view?
Old 06-08-16, 10:28 AM
Someone876
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea how on earth do you get the full screen rear view??? Ive been trying to figure this out and I'm not able to!
Old 06-08-16, 10:38 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by fular
Thank you for sharing the video. I wish Lexus can update their software to provide full screen panoramic view

How do I get the full screen rear view?
Lexus finally gave us full screen nav for the '16 model year after we've been complaining since '13. Lexus doesn't update software to add features. They'd rather sell you a new model year with the features you wanted.
Old 06-08-16, 10:59 AM
Someone876
Driver School Candidate

Please someone tell me how to get full screen for rear view camera!! I'm dying to get it full screen but can't figure this out for the life of me and lexus service technicians are of no help!
Old 06-08-16, 12:35 PM
Samour
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it is in all models. I cannot do on mine, have the 12.3 with navi. I think you need the surround cameras which my rx does not

Last edited by Samour; 06-08-16 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 01:58 PM
Someone876
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Samour
I don't think it is in all models. I cannot do on mine, have the 12.3 with navi. I think you need the surround cameras which my rx does not
Thanks for your reply. I'm so frustrated. I have the 12.3 inch screen and the car is fully loaded so dont get it. The video they have posted in their "How tos" part of the website did have a video where they actually showed the full screen when car was reversing but don't know if that was just a prototype or something and it doesn't exist in reality or what...
Old 06-08-16, 02:06 PM
Samour
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Someone876
Thanks for your reply. I'm so frustrated. I have the 12.3 inch screen and the car is fully loaded so dont get it. The video they have posted in their "How tos" part of the website did have a video where they actually showed the full screen when car was reversing but don't know if that was just a prototype or something and it doesn't exist in reality or what...
check out minute 2:03. I don't have that button next to the heated steering wheel. I mean the button is there but no icon and non-functional
Old 06-08-16, 02:22 PM
fular
Driver School Candidate

I have fully loaded 350 and I can not get full screen 12.3 camera in the rear view or in the panoramic view

I send a note to Lexus to compalin about this. It is stupidnto have the full screen and not to be able to use it for the camera

I think others should compalin about this too
Old 06-08-16, 08:44 PM
Someone876
Driver School Candidate

I have fully loaded 350 and I can not get full screen 12.3 camera in the rear view or in the panoramic view

I send a note to Lexus to compalin about this. It is stupidnto have the full screen and not to be able to use it for the camera

I think others should compalin about this too
That's horrible. I was afraid of that! Yes I agree it's so stupid not to have the full screen utilized when reversing the car. But then why does the video on their website show the full screen camera when reversing:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-videos.do#TOP

Check out the BCM with RCTA video and look at 1:08. It has it... I just don't understand!!!
Old 06-08-16, 11:32 PM
fular
Driver School Candidate

Yes I can see that. I do not know how they can get the full screen

Last edited by fular; 06-08-16 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-09-16, 09:51 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Samour
Samour - only RX's fitted with the optional Panoramic View Monitor system have the "View" button to the lower left of the steering wheel, ttbomk.

Last edited by Macs4RX; 06-09-16 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 06-09-16, 11:00 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it possible to view the rear camera in full screen mode?
fular - I'm beginning to believe that it's not possible to view the backup camera images in "Full Screen". Maybe one can with the 8" display but apparently not with the 12.3" display. For those of us who have the 12.3" display we get the "Main Display" and the "Side Display" (with the 5 shortcut icons on the far right side). So, in effect, the folks with 12.3" displays view an 8" backup image on the left side of the screen plus the "Side Display" on the right side of the screen. If anyone knows how to dismiss the "Side Display", then we would have a "Full Screen" backup image. However, in the Navigation manual it states that "Full Screen" is available only for the initial Lexus splash screen, the Menu screen and the Map screen (if I understand that correctly).

I viewed the video that you cited which does clearly show the backup image in "Full Screen". Perhaps the "Side Display" feature was added after the video was made.

Quick Reply: Full screen panoramic camera?