RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Gurgling Air Conditioning Noise (TSB info post #119)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-16, 07:33 PM
RXLexusF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fheapes
Its now August 31st.... Have the RX since March.... I had the annoying gurgling sound....
AC is in heavy use at the moment. The gurgling noise has stopped with no intervention. Maybe the AC system just needed to be broken in.
I hope that's true. The noise happens mostly when outside temp is lower than the AC temp. i.e. outside: 67, AC: 73.
Old 09-01-16, 11:39 AM
RANAHAMID
Driver School Candidate

Default Giggling here as well

Same AC voice issue here guys. So annoying! Let's keep everyone updated if Someone hears back from Lexus regarding this issue or tried a solution.
Thank you
Old 09-03-16, 08:17 PM
david55838
Driver School Candidate

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but I noticed that most of the gurgling A/C issues are from those in high humidity states in the midwest and east coast. Is that my imagination? Anyone from CA, AZ, etc. experiencing this issue? I may be picking up a new RX350 tomorrow with a March build date, and will be listening for all the noises/vibrations mentioned on this forum.
Old 09-04-16, 01:44 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

My father's RX350 has been having that gurgling sound since he got it in February. After 25K miles, it's still doing it. Was hoping for a solution to be posted before having him take it in. We are in SoCal, so A/C is constantly in use.
Old 09-05-16, 06:19 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 517 Likes on 386 Posts

There is no guarantee that Lexus will do anything to the 2016 RX to stop this noise.
Old 09-19-16, 06:33 AM
NCis250
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Good news! I've been having the same issues with the gurgling sounds and kept pushing the dealer. Luckily I have a good service guy that's dealt with me for years.
He called this morning to say Lexus engineering got back to the dealer, and said there will be a new part available within a month that will resolve the noise issue.
Old 09-19-16, 07:29 PM
RXLexusF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NCis250
Good news! I've been having the same issues with the gurgling sounds and kept pushing the dealer. Luckily I have a good service guy that's dealt with me for years.
He called this morning to say Lexus engineering got back to the dealer, and said there will be a new part available within a month that will resolve the noise issue.
OMG, that's really a good news!! Every time I hear the noise makes me really sad. Thanks for the updates
Old 09-26-16, 12:58 PM
Sxelexy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Such good news... Please keep us posted. The noise is so annoying that I'm almost looking forward to winter just to get some peace and quiet!
Old 09-26-16, 03:34 PM
Jorgenamm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets hope. I just had my 10000 mile check and it's still gurgling. When I said something to the service guy he said "luckily you have a good radio and can turn it up and drown it out". I wasn't amused. I did find that it decreases when the outside temp is over 80. I didn't hear it a lot most of summer, but now that it's cooler it's back with a vengeance.
Old 09-27-16, 07:25 AM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

have the noise myself too....waiting lexus
Old 09-27-16, 12:34 PM
joan9550
Driver School Candidate

Also noticed when temp is 85 or up, I can barely hear the noise,
When temp is down 80 to 70(the AC temp I set), it become louder.
Please give an update after replace the new part.
Old 09-27-16, 12:51 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by mydayjob
Nope. Tech said they added freon to no avail.
Moisture in the line? Dryer is not doing it's job?
Old 09-29-16, 12:40 PM
ttnrsmvoms
Driver School Candidate

If it works, please let us know what part is being replaced so i can speak to my dealership. I talked to my sales guy, but he said he had never heard about the complain from his customers. He will double check with their service department.
Old 10-01-16, 09:23 AM
Jorgenamm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great News -AC gurgling fix

i called the dealer and was told as of last week there is a fix and my new part has been ordered!!
Old 10-05-16, 09:53 AM
dukesean
Driver School Candidate

Took my 2016 RX into the dealer to address this issue, will let you know what happens

Quick Reply: Gurgling Air Conditioning Noise (TSB info post #119)