RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Has anyone gotten the Stratus Gray Leather interior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 02:14 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Has anyone gotten the Stratus Gray Leather interior?

All I see is all red and black interiors out there on the F Sports. I always thought light interiors look more lux than darker colors.

Did anyone get their F Sport with Stratus Gray interior?

If so, please post some pics... Lexus only shows one pic in the picture gallery and not much comes up when you google images.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-14-16, 06:26 AM
katlon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-14-16, 08:39 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by katlon
It's really pretty but so light.
Old 04-14-16, 10:04 AM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The camera makes it look light but not that lite in person.
Old 04-14-16, 10:13 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Thank you both for posting... this must be like the only picture out there of this "elusive" color LOL

Yes, I think the lighting and camera filter make it appear lighter than what it is... however, it's far more attractive IMO than that awful pasty yellow parchment interior in the base models.

Wished Lexus or others posted more pics to really appreciate the cabin.... I do like the amazingly modern lux feel the contrast provides between the black headliner, flooring and seat backs over the all black interior.
Old 04-14-16, 10:44 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by JosersRX
Thank you both for posting... this must be like the only picture out there of this "elusive" color LOL

Yes, I think the lighting and camera filter make it appear lighter than what it is... however, it's far more attractive IMO than that awful pasty yellow parchment interior in the base models.

Wished Lexus or others posted more pics to really appreciate the cabin.... I do like the amazingly modern lux feel the contrast provides between the black headliner, flooring and seat backs over the all black interior.
Prob won't matter but when I get the car in August, I'll be SURE to post a million photos.
Nebula grey
Stratus grey interior
Old 04-14-16, 11:59 AM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think we have the option of the Stratus Grey here in Canada.
How much darker is it in person? Would the dye from blue jeans rubbing off on it be a problem?
Old 04-14-16, 01:12 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I have the light gray leather in my 3RX, which is in the same ball park as the Stratus Gray in the 4RX. Yes, blue jean dye does transfer on to them, but it's really quite easy to clean off. I don't see it as that big of a deal. I'd get the light gray again without much thought.
Old 04-14-16, 01:39 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Prob won't matter but when I get the car in August, I'll be SURE to post a million photos.
Nebula grey
Stratus grey interior
I will be sure to do the same when my Silver/Gray F Sport comes in finally in the next few weeks... Been waiting since January
Old 04-14-16, 01:45 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by frubalup
I don't think we have the option of the Stratus Grey here in Canada.
How much darker is it in person? Would the dye from blue jeans rubbing off on it be a problem?
Totes agree!

I had light gray leather in my first 2004 RX... Yes, color from your clothing does transfer onto the seats over time. All that means is that you need to maintain them once per week. I then switched to black leather on my 2010 RX. It really is the best color to maintain its appearance. I still cleaned it just as often as I did when I had my gray interior though.

I am now on my 3rd RX... Went back to gray leather. Makes the car feel and look more modern, expensive and luxurious IMO. Can't wait for it to finally arrive. Have been waiting since January.

Can you please share with us what products and technique do you use that works the best at removing stains from the leather?
Old 04-14-16, 01:49 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Default Stratus Gray F Sport Photos

A buddy of mine was able to find great photos of a Stratus Gray F Sport for me, so I am sharing them with the group:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisc...57664562868503

I'm stoked to finally pick up mines in the next coming weeks after seeing these photos!

It is sups sexy!
Old 04-14-16, 03:44 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Those are great pics and that is a nice color combo. Does anyone know if they are selling that grey combo interior with the white exterior with the fspoort (vs having to order it special)?
Old 04-14-16, 04:25 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mcfancy
Those are great pics and that is a nice color combo. Does anyone know if they are selling that grey combo interior with the white exterior with the fspoort (vs having to order it special)?
I had a tough time finding the gray with Silver Lining and had to special order it. Plus, I want a fully loaded F Sport. All that's out there is a bunch of red interiors.

Ultra white and stratus gray will be really sexy and unique in a sense too. Special order will be the way to go for you.

Go for it!
Old 04-14-16, 09:42 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Just some different angles showing the two-tone of the Stratus Gray & black...
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone gotten the Stratus Gray Leather interior?-img_1100.jpg   Has anyone gotten the Stratus Gray Leather interior?-img_1953.jpg   Has anyone gotten the Stratus Gray Leather interior?-img_1923.jpg  
Old 04-15-16, 06:20 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by winsalem
Just some different angles showing the two-tone of the Stratus Gray & black...
This is eactly what my car looks like. It's not clear to me how much of it, if any, is real leather.

Quick Reply: Has anyone gotten the Stratus Gray Leather interior?