RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Armrest damage at delivery

Old 02-27-16, 09:57 AM
yermolovd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Armrest damage at delivery

We took delivery of our RX and immediately as I opened passenger door I noticed that armrest has a tiny spot damaged right on the edge. Here is a pic below:

http://imgur.com/ww9Ll5H

Its not huge deal, but I wanted my brand new car to be brand new, I feel it ruins the "Lexus" experience, or whatever image they are trying to push...
I told my sales person, he called in service advisor, they agreed to replace that panel bit later on. They planned on simply swapping from another car. Okay, fine. I schedule appointment, my wife takes in the car, the service advisor says that all of their cars are like that, so that's "normal" (made it sound that due to panel design all cars are like that). What a load of bull****. I asked him if I should go look at all the cars to compare? I don't really want to spend time doing detective work, they are only dealer in town too, anyway, I wanted to ask for community help, if you can snap a quick picture of that same spot, so I can present it to them, I'd really appreciate it. I just need a few pics.

They also mentioned that if a tech goes in to swap it, he can do more damage around it... Yea I have great trust in your service now...
Old 02-28-16, 01:12 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yermolovd
We took delivery of our RX and immediately as I opened passenger door I noticed that armrest has a tiny spot damaged right on the edge. Here is a pic below:

Its not huge deal, but I wanted my brand new car to be brand new, I feel it ruins the "Lexus" experience, or whatever image they are trying to push...
I told my sales person, he called in service advisor, they agreed to replace that panel bit later on. They planned on simply swapping from another car. Okay, fine. I schedule appointment, my wife takes in the car, the service advisor says that all of their cars are like that, so that's "normal" (made it sound that due to panel design all cars are like that). What a load of bull****. I asked him if I should go look at all the cars to compare? I don't really want to spend time doing detective work, they are only dealer in town too, anyway, I wanted to ask for community help, if you can snap a quick picture of that same spot, so I can present it to them, I'd really appreciate it. I just need a few pics.

They also mentioned that if a tech goes in to swap it, he can do more damage around it... Yea I have great trust in your service now...
I looked at my passenger side and I'm trying to figure out exactly were it is. Could you post a picture from a little further away so I can get the correct location.
Old 02-28-16, 02:47 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Your service advisor is bull****er.
Old 02-28-16, 03:00 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Armrest damage at delivery-image.jpeg

Hope this is clear enough.
Old 02-28-16, 04:43 PM
yermolovd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom74
Your service advisor is bull****er.
Yes, most regard dealership as good, but I think they are being lazy in resolving a minor hiccup, because its not worth the hassle to them. I wanted to get a few pictures to back up my point.

Thank you tomtom74 and sandy14 (you got it). I think two is enough to start talking with them, if anyone else posts, I don't mind more .
Old 02-28-16, 08:11 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Yes, most regard dealership as good, but I think they are being lazy in resolving a minor hiccup, because its not worth the hassle to them. I wanted to get a few pictures to back up my point.

Thank you tomtom74 and sandy14 (you got it). I think two is enough to start talking with them, if anyone else posts, I don't mind more .
I would be relentless in getting this resolved. When spending that much money one should expect nothing less then perfection.
Old 02-29-16, 05:17 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Honestly, I wonder how this issue even happened?

It seems like they realized it and attempted to manually correct it.

But yes, you are paying a great deal for your car. It shouldn't come with any imperfections.
Old 02-29-16, 11:41 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Start that email to Lexus corporate.
Old 02-29-16, 11:53 AM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure how noticeable the imperfection is from far away but at this point, I would leave it be or have them order the part and install it yourself. Those techs in the back don't give a 2 cent about our cars whether you want to believe it or not. Especially with interior trim pieces, they can cause more damage than good since they're trying to crank out cars for volume. I'm assuming this probably happened when they were removing the interior covers. On top of that, they want to swap a trim piece from another new car, so what confidence does that give you that they'll replace it correctly. They're trying to pass this off to another customer.