RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Headlight washers

Old 02-10-16, 09:38 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Headlight washers

Anyone know how to use the headlight washer
Old 02-10-16, 09:53 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
Anyone know how to use the headlight washer
When you activate your windshield washer the head lights get sprayed at the same time.

I would like to turn the headlight washer off as it makes a mess on my clean waxed vehicle!
Old 02-10-16, 11:10 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 843 Likes on 638 Posts

Be sure the headlights are not on, not manually on nor Automatically on when dark
or in a darkened garage. Headlight washers only spray on lights when they are on.
Old 02-10-16, 11:43 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcomer
Be sure the headlights are not on, not manually on nor Automatically on when dark
or in a darkened garage. Headlight washers only spray on lights when they are on.
Well I learn everyday!

Only time I have noticed it is at night so that rings true for sure.

Thanks mcomer!
Old 02-10-16, 03:46 PM
Scott007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm confused. Are you saying that the headlight washers will only work if you spray your windshield while the headlights are off?
Old 02-10-16, 05:56 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott007
I'm confused. Are you saying that the headlight washers will only work if you spray your windshield while the headlights are off?
Just the opposite. They will only spray if the headlights are on. This has been the case since at least the 2nd gen as our 04 worked the same way.
The following users liked this post:
dchan865 (08-02-18)
Old 02-10-16, 08:18 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info. I had a GX previously and it simply had a button to turn on/off the headlight washer. Don't understand why they would make it so complicated on the RX.
Old 02-11-16, 03:13 AM
VinceCL
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The manual says something about the headlight washers activating with the first use of the windshield washers and then with every fifth use. That is of course if my memory serves...
Old 02-11-16, 03:17 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

I think I am going to try to find the hoses and crimp them off so they no longer squirt my lights, on or off!

Kinda like a vasectomy for the 4RX headlights
The following 2 users liked this post by RXOwner:
Blitzkow (11-08-20), kenny b (11-18-19)
Old 02-11-16, 03:23 AM
Scott007

Originally Posted by VinceCL
The manual says something about the headlight washers activating with the first use of the windshield washers and then with every fifth use. That is of course if my memory serves...
I would hope the headlight washers turn on every time I wash the windshield. I live in an area that gets heavy snowfall. If you have to wash your windshield, then your headlights are completely filthy.
I don't understand why people want to turn off the headlight washers? If you have to wash your windshield, then your car is obviously dirty.
Old 02-11-16, 04:01 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

I would hope the headlight washers turn on every time I wash the windshield. I live in an area that gets heavy snowfall. If you have to wash your windshield, then your headlights are completely filthy.
I don't understand why people want to turn off the headlight washers? If you have to wash your windshield, then your car is obviously dirty.
I do not live where there is snow. The washers do little to get rid of any dirt on your lights. They would work well for maybe melting snow. They serve no purpose for me and I am sure others.
Old 02-11-16, 05:09 AM
Scott007

If you live where there is no snow why would you be caught dead driving an SUV? I would own a sports car and a high-performance motorcycle. There is nothing fun about driving a over grown station wagon. I only own then because it's a necessity where I live because of deep snow. If I had to tow a boat I would get something cheap, just a beater.

It absolutely blows my mind you would even consider a car like this if you get no snow. I consider an SUV punishment for being dumb enough to live in an area that gets so much snow you need one just to get to the grocery store. if I was lucky enough to live in an area with no snow I would get the RC 350. That is sexy and fun to drive.
Old 02-11-16, 05:17 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

If you live where there is no snow why would you be caught dead driving an SUV? I would own a sports car and a high-performance motorcycle. There is nothing fun about driving a over grown station wagon. I only own then because it's a necessity where I live because of deep snow. If I had to tow a boat I would get something cheap, just a beater.

It absolutely blows my mind you would even consider a car like this if you get no snow. I consider an SUV punishment for being dumb enough to live in an area that gets so much snow you need one just to get to the grocery store. if I was lucky enough to live in an area with no snow I would get the RC 350. That is sexy and fun to drive.
LOL! It is all about needing cargo space and I do not choose to drive a car, especially like a RC. Way to low for me but if you have the money you can buy whatever you want but I prefer a SUV when towing my 300HP jetski! This is my high powered motorcycle on water!
Old 02-11-16, 05:26 AM
Scott007

How funny I own a 2015 Yamaha high output wave runner. It almost makes up for having to drive a SUV.

Right now it is 5° outside -15 windchill. Forecast says 5 to 8 inches today 5 to 8 tonight Low 0.

Last edited by Scott007; 02-11-16 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-11-16, 05:35 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

How funny I own a 2015 Yamaha high output wave runner. It almost makes up for having to drive a SUV.

Right now it is 5° outside -15 windchill. Forecast says 5 to 8 inches today 5 to 8 tonight Low 0.
See the world is smaller than we think!

This ski is new as I sold my GTX260 for the extra HP in the GTX300. I am lucky as I am in warmer Florida and I ski year round weather permitting. With ramp in back yard it was a natural for me. The GTX300 has as much power as I want in an 11' long vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight washers