RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Issue(s) You Are Having on 4th Gen RX350

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-16, 06:15 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I picked up my Fully loaded F sport 3 Canadian package ( safety plus, ML stereo, 12.3" navigation, panoramic camera, pano roof etc.) on Friday.

Drove the car for few hundred miles over the weekend and found few issues that bug me (especially after paying this much for a car that is supposed to be state of the art??):

1 no traffic in Canadian models. Looks like Lexus doesn't think Canadians need to know how the traffic is along the route.

2 voice recognition is useless. I trained it 3 times and it still does not understand a single command. My 2013 Camry. Was awesome. Every command was understood.

3 I can not activate the dynamic cruise control with full speed control. Mine turns off as soon as speed drops below 50 km/h (30 mph). I am wondering again if Lexus Canada decided Canadians don't needed the full speed control??

Anyone else with Canadian specs have any insight on these?

NOT happy with Lexus Canada right now 😠😠😠
Thanks,
This is why, My friends, you should always thoroughly test drive the car you pick before laying down wads of cash on the table.
Old 04-24-16, 07:04 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
This is why, My friends, you should always thoroughly test drive the car you pick before laying down wads of cash on the table.
he probably could not test drive a fully loaded F sport. most are sold before they hit the lot. I want to test drive a fully loaded 450H F sports. but no dealer have any within 500 miles.
Old 04-24-16, 07:33 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I picked up my Fully loaded F sport 3 Canadian package ( safety plus, ML stereo, 12.3" navigation, panoramic camera, pano roof etc.) on Friday.

Drove the car for few hundred miles over the weekend and found few issues that bug me (especially after paying this much for a car that is supposed to be state of the art??):

1 no traffic in Canadian models. Looks like Lexus doesn't think Canadians need to know how the traffic is along the route.

2 voice recognition is useless. I trained it 3 times and it still does not understand a single command. My 2013 Camry. Was awesome. Every command was understood.

3 I can not activate the dynamic cruise control with full speed control. Mine turns off as soon as speed drops below 50 km/h (30 mph). I am wondering again if Lexus Canada decided Canadians don't needed the full speed control??

Anyone else with Canadian specs have any insight on these?

NOT happy with Lexus Canada right now 😠😠😠
Thanks,
I thought that the CC could be activate without the DCC--I don't believe that it can. Also, p.326 (OM) states :
"■ Automatic cancelation of cruise control
Cruise control is automatically canceled in any of the following situations.
● Actual vehicle speed falls more than approximately 10 mph (16 km/h) below the set
speed.
● Actual vehicle speed is below approximately 25 mph (40 km/h).
● VSC is activated.
● TRAC is activated for a period of time.
● When the VSC or TRAC system is turned off by pressing the VSC OFF switch.
(Thought that this might help)
Also, my voice recognition is fine as is the traffic info.
What I am having a difficult time with is the PCS. Do I have almost have a crash before it warns me. The tech guy at the dealership says yes but I don't know.
Old 04-25-16, 07:15 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A/C Noise

From TexasRxh - "Note: I actually picked mine up on Weds last week but as we were getting started with the delivery we discovered the AC was not working. So we stopped talking, they wheeled it back to the shop and gave me a loaner. They told me that "on rare occasions" the AC does not get fully charged at the factory. They opened a "campaign" on this issue to make sure no one else getting one from Canada has to suffer this oversight. Lucky me!"

I've had my 4RX (Luxury) for a week now and I've definitely noticed the A/C gurgling/hissing sound that others have mentioned. Turn off the A/C and the sound stops. My car also was assembled in Canada (manufactured 3/16) and I wonder if my issue is related to perhaps an incomplete charging of the refrigerant? It's good that they started a "campaign" on this and I'll ask the Service department to check at the 5000 mile service.

Note that this gurgling sound can only be heard if the windows are rolled up and if the radio is off. In other words, the interior is quiet. It is a somewhat irritating sound in an otherwise placid environment.

Last edited by Macs4RX; 04-25-16 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Added date manufactured
Old 04-25-16, 10:22 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I test drove the cars and tested the DCC, but not to speeds of below 50 km/h, as I was unfamiliar with the system and its operation. I did not want to risk a collision on test drive.

I didn't check traffic in navi since last gen RX had it in Canada and current USA models have it. I didn't think that Lexus Canada would regress instead of progress. I guess I was wrong!!
Old 04-26-16, 04:30 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Maybe it's our Canadian accents, mine doesn't understand me either!
Old 04-26-16, 05:15 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

dentate - you can turn the Automatic Parking Brake off by pressing down on the
parking brake switch for five (5) or more seconds. It will trill and the Auto light
shuts off plus you get a dialog box in the Driver Information Center by the Speedo.
If you change your mind you simply pull up on the PB button till it re-enables APB.

When you have a full (2/3?) radio screen, select the lower left side button to find
stereo tone settings including Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for surround sound.

cec327 - a quick press of the cruise control stalk button turns on Dynamic Cruise
Control. If you first turn it on with a longer push it will enable "Dumb" cruise and
the dash icon will lose the car profile and show the traditional style "speedo + arrow"
Old 04-26-16, 07:10 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mcomer
dentate - you can turn the Automatic Parking Brake off by pressing down on the
parking brake switch for five (5) or more seconds. It will trill and the Auto light
shuts off plus you get a dialog box in the Driver Information Center by the Speedo.
If you change your mind you simply pull up on the PB button till it re-enables APB.

When you have a full (2/3?) radio screen, select the lower left side button to find
stereo tone settings including Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for surround sound.

cec327 - a quick press of the cruise control stalk button turns on Dynamic Cruise
Control. If you first turn it on with a longer push it will enable "Dumb" cruise and
the dash icon will lose the car profile and show the traditional style "speedo + arrow"
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. It's good to know that regular CC can be activated.
Old 04-27-16, 09:01 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cec327

What I am having a difficult time with is the PCS. Do I have almost have a crash before it warns me. The tech guy at the dealership says yes but I don't know.
Yes, you must almost crash. For example, the car about two car lengths in front of you suddenly decelerates or stops. If you do nothing, your multi-information display flashes red and a buzzer sounds. If you do not respond by hitting the brakes, your car will activate the brakes.

This is a general description of incidents I have experienced on several occasions. One occasion, I thought big deal car what are you doing, I've got plenty of room. Once, my attention was off the road ahead and I thought good going car. Two other times, I was a split second slower than the car's response. So it seemed we responded at the same time.

To test the system would be difficult, as you must be close to having an accident. Your naturally well honed driving skills and instincts cause you to apply the brakes rather than allow the car to do it for you. Accident avoidance response.
Old 04-27-16, 09:39 AM
cec327
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Yes, you must almost crash. For example, the car about two car lengths in front of you suddenly decelerates or stops. If you do nothing, your multi-information display flashes red and a buzzer sounds. If you do not respond by hitting the brakes, your car will activate the brakes.

This is a general description of incidents I have experienced on several occasions. One occasion, I thought big deal car what are you doing, I've got plenty of room. Once, my attention was off the road ahead and I thought good going car. Two other times, I was a split second slower than the car's response. So it seemed we responded at the same time.

To test the system would be difficult, as you must be close to having an accident. Your naturally well honed driving skills and instincts cause you to apply the brakes rather than allow the car to do it for you. Accident avoidance response.
I really appreciate your response. It's what the Tech person told me. I tried to test it several times but I was not really close to an accident because I hit the brakes. The reason that I had doubts about the Tech person's answer since I had to tell him about how to get the rear hatch door to open by placing your hand , elbow on the top of the Lexus emblem in the back. I learned that from people on Club Lexus forum. Again , thanks loads.
Old 04-28-16, 02:10 PM
mydayjob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issue here. A week in the shop and "no known remedy". Mgr said if they don't find a fix they are going to deem it a design 'feature'. Did get him to admit there is a bulletin out re the issue and we would be 'added to the list of complainants.'
Old 04-28-16, 02:18 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by mydayjob
Same issue here. A week in the shop and "no known remedy". Mgr said if they don't find a fix they are going to deem it a design 'feature'. Did get him to admit there is a bulletin out re the issue and we would be 'added to the list of complainants.'
Same as which issue?
Old 04-29-16, 07:34 AM
mydayjob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to a recording of the noise....from the front dash.
Old 05-04-16, 05:48 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by miawheels
Anyone else have this problem? This is on the F Sport driver's side.
I have the same spot, although I think of it as larger than a spot since it's about the size of a sheet of paper.

I'm headed to dealership today for 5,000 mile maintenance and will see what remedy they try to make it disappear.
Old 05-04-16, 12:09 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg
I have the same spot, although I think of it as larger than a spot since it's about the size of a sheet of paper.

I'm headed to dealership today for 5,000 mile maintenance and will see what remedy they try to make it disappear.
I have this problem too after 500 miles and I sense a recall coming...

Quick Reply: Issue(s) You Are Having on 4th Gen RX350