RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Anyone considering Jaguar F-PACE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-16, 12:42 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I would rather have this:

Last edited by RXOwner; 01-22-16 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-22-16, 04:47 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
I would be skeptical about that review. Only reason being is that its Autoexpress - They love everything thats not japanese and are especially enthusiastic about Jag because its British. They forget to mention how the interior quality is not actually that great and reflects an XE rather than a Proper SUV
True AutoExpress might be a little biased towards British cars, but I think it'll be a pretty good SUV. I do want to test drive one when it becomes available. I think the interior is pretty nice with its leather covered dash, wood trim, seat design, screen for speedo, etc. From my experience with the newer Jags, the interior quality is pretty nice.

Originally Posted by RXOwner
I would rather have this:

You could probably get a combo of 5-6 RXs and F-paces for one of those
Old 01-22-16, 06:18 PM
CSamurai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Even though the RX is about 6.2 inches longer overall, the wheelbase on the F-pace is 3.4 inches longer. They are about the same size, and would definitely compete.
I needed to fit 2 rear facing child seats in the back. Sitting inside & rear seats the f-pace definitely felt much smaller! I am unsure about exact specs
Old 01-22-16, 07:39 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by CSamurai
I needed to fit 2 rear facing child seats in the back. Sitting inside & rear seats the f-pace definitely felt much smaller! I am unsure about exact specs
Where did you find one to look at? I thought they weren't here until the spring. Current search shows none currently for sale in the US. I'd love to check one out.
Old 01-22-16, 08:56 PM
carnut1
Driver School Candidate

yeah.. if I could afford a Lambo Urus (~200K), I would not be cross-shopping an RX350

Jokes aside, the f-sport price overlaps F-Pace and that is the reason I was looking at it. I know, the top-end F-Pace might be costing lot more, but if I even look at the base petrol supercharged V6 340hp version, it starts at 42K and with options that I might like to afford, it would cost around 55-60K, which is around the price of F-sport. Heck, with the autonomous cars coming in soon, this might even be the last practical & fun car that i might buy
I put down a $500 deposit and waiting to see/drive one of these before I make my decision. I just want to leave my options open between 2016 RX and F-pace. I'm sure they might be cutting some corners (or selling aggressively with low margins) as the XF is priced higher than F-pace.
Old 01-22-16, 09:01 PM
carnut1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
Where did you find one to look at? I thought they weren't here until the spring. Current search shows none currently for sale in the US. I'd love to check one out.
F-Pace is having a slightly longer wheel-base (113") compared to RX350 (109") and the reviews seem to suggest that the rear seat space is comfortable due to this.
Old 01-23-16, 07:17 AM
ycnibrc
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The main reason I change to Lexus from Mercedes is the reliability factor. Of course the BMW X5, Porsche Macan, F pace, Mer GLE.....etc look nice and powerful but later on down the road the Lexus will still running while the rest will have check eng light turn on for some stupid broken interior light....lol it cost me 120 to check the check engine light just to find out the damm cargo light burn out. I keep my all my car for more than 10 years so I know which one give me less trouble and my cheap Honda Odyssey out last all my 3 Mercedes.......
Old 01-23-16, 12:18 PM
ultra63
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carnut1
yeah. they have a $500 + first month lease/loan payment up to $800. The First Edition is sold out. It seems that they are limited edition and only 1 per dealer.
I got a first edition last week. The bigger dealers get 2. It is cheaper than a standard one with similar options plus has some special features..
Old 01-23-16, 04:27 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
True AutoExpress might be a little biased towards British cars, but I think it'll be a pretty good SUV. I do want to test drive one when it becomes available. I think the interior is pretty nice with its leather covered dash, wood trim, seat design, screen for speedo, etc. From my experience with the newer Jags, the interior quality is pretty nice.

You could probably get a combo of 5-6 RXs and F-paces for one of those
It's worth noting that that interior is only available on the top spec model and even then, there are ALOT of options added to the pictured car. I think the digital display with the widescreen is £2.3k on its own. Of course memory electric seats are also extras

The actual quality of the door panels isn't great, they feel somewhat hollow unlike Lexus, BMW and Audi interiors. I was disappointed by the lack of armrest padding as well
Old 01-24-16, 02:03 PM
CSamurai
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
They had a few out for the LA autoshow. If I had only 1 rear facing or was shorter then it might be OK. I came from a 14 IS though and changed ONLY because it was too tight for 2 rear facing seats. the fpace felt similar to the IS (I didnt take any measurements).
Old 10-21-16, 01:28 PM
BPRescue
Driver School Candidate

Cool Jaguar FPace

So I am driving home the other night, and saw a great looking SUV and even took a different route home as so I could follow it and figure out what it was. It was a white FPace with black wheels and what appeared to be a blackout package. Very nice.

So, I get home and Google it to discover that Jaguar just came out with this for 2016. I'm a bit irritated now recognizing that pricing "can" be in line with the RX350, and I had no idea this thing existed. I did look at the MDX, Q5/7, X5 and of course just the utility side of the Pilot and Highlander. I have owned an M3 around 4BC (before children), which BTW ruined me for all vehicles as it really was the "ultimate driving machine", but with kids now, I just can't feel good about the X5 per the price and little monsters abusing said driving machine. The MDX was not up to quality or appearance of the RX350, and I did not really like the Audi's interior or exterior, so they never really had a chance. Anyway, after several months of research, I bought the RX350. I am happy with it, with my only real gripe if you will is that it truly is not sporty in performance. It's comfortable, awesome interior and exterior for that matter, but it's not crazy fun to drive in terms of agility and pep. In that regard, the BMW and Audi's were, but they still did not make the cut and I feel good about that. BTW, I did not look at the Infinity, Mercedes, Volvo or Land Rover per expense, junk, or all above...

I had no idea the Jag even existed and since I did not consider it, I am a little on edge thinking I might have missed an opportunity. My dad had an XJ12L when I was a kid and that thing was very nice, though it was in the shop a lot. I watched reviews on the FPace and have seen nothing but positive feedback in every category including dependability. At this point I am looking for SOMETHING to talk me off the ledge here in that it is outside of my needs, or not up to the hype. Anyone drive one of these or have any info? I felt really good about my choice of the RX, until I saw this...
Old 10-21-16, 02:02 PM
sankomtech
Driver School Candidate

Before buying my 2016 RX350, I was exploring the Jaguar. Well a similar equipped one like the RX350 Sport one can buy for $51K. Issue is there are no discounts as they are selling at MSRP. Also being the 1st year, they may have problems.

The rear seat has very less leg room, and reliability is unknown ...

Pros: They come with a 5year, 60K mile maintenance, and 4yer, 48K mile warranty.

I so wanted that SUV and still have the book at my desk ...

Originally Posted by BPRescue
So I am driving home the other night, and saw a great looking SUV and even took a different route home as so I could follow it and figure out what it was. It was a white FPace with black wheels and what appeared to be a blackout package. Very nice.

So, I get home and Google it to discover that Jaguar just came out with this for 2016. I'm a bit irritated now recognizing that pricing "can" be in line with the RX350, and I had no idea this thing existed. I did look at the MDX, Q5/7, X5 and of course just the utility side of the Pilot and Highlander. I have owned an M3 around 4BC (before children), which BTW ruined me for all vehicles as it really was the "ultimate driving machine", but with kids now, I just can't feel good about the X5 per the price and little monsters abusing said driving machine. The MDX was not up to quality or appearance of the RX350, and I did not really like the Audi's interior or exterior, so they never really had a chance. Anyway, after several months of research, I bought the RX350. I am happy with it, with my only real gripe if you will is that it truly is not sporty in performance. It's comfortable, awesome interior and exterior for that matter, but it's not crazy fun to drive in terms of agility and pep. In that regard, the BMW and Audi's were, but they still did not make the cut and I feel good about that. BTW, I did not look at the Infinity, Mercedes, Volvo or Land Rover per expense, junk, or all above...

I had no idea the Jag even existed and since I did not consider it, I am a little on edge thinking I might have missed an opportunity. My dad had an XJ12L when I was a kid and that thing was very nice, though it was in the shop a lot. I watched reviews on the FPace and have seen nothing but positive feedback in every category including dependability. At this point I am looking for SOMETHING to talk me off the ledge here in that it is outside of my needs, or not up to the hype. Anyone drive one of these or have any info? I felt really good about my choice of the RX, until I saw this...
Old 10-21-16, 02:54 PM
NealKBrown
Driver School Candidate

If you are buying solely on looks and specs (understandable!) it is a great pick. I would consider buying it at this point to be a risk based on the unknown reliability: jaguar just has a poor reputation in my book that they need to work off with the new models. If you are less risk averse it looks hard to beat in the current market, I mean you'd have to go up to an SQ5.

To me, even if it is covered under warranty, I do not want it in the shop all the time. This was the overriding reason I chose the RX.
Old 10-21-16, 09:35 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

i think the f sport looks better. The F Pace feels much more like a X3, Q5 competitor. RX has much more overall, seating + trunk. I do like the F pace and will keep and eye on it.
Old 10-23-16, 04:12 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

CL member MkenM recently traded his '17 F Pace for an NX due to multiple electrical issues. Seems the electrical gremlins affecting Jaguars of past continue on today.

See: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9646764

If Jaguar would improve this and the interior materials, I'd likely be in one today.

Quick Reply: Anyone considering Jaguar F-PACE?