RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

wheel lock key?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-16, 08:01 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default wheel lock key?

For those of you who purchased a 2016 RX and got wheel locks, did yours come with a wheel lock key? I seem to recall that the previous 2 Lexus I purchased both came with the key... but the new one I just purchased did not.
Old 01-04-16, 08:06 PM
Samour
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
For those of you who purchased a 2016 RX and got wheel locks, did yours come with a wheel lock key? I seem to recall that the previous 2 Lexus I purchased both came with the key... but the new one I just purchased did not.
No wheel locks yet. I was at lexus of pleasanton yesterday( even willing to pay for wheel locks). The service advisor told me that they don't even have a part number for it.
Old 01-04-16, 08:46 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
The key might be in the spare tire area where the tools are.
The following users liked this post:
curtind1 (05-04-20)
Old 01-05-16, 01:49 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Have you looked in the spare tire area?
Old 01-05-16, 06:58 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Mystery solved!

Indeed, it was sitting next to the jack in its own little compartment. In the past they always had given it to me in a separate little leather pouch.
Old 01-05-16, 07:47 AM
Lubber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This got me too as I had to ask my salesperson where my wheel lock key was and she showed me the spot Lexus has for it in the spare cubby. Nice little touch I think, but there are lots of nice "little touches" with this 4RX that I really like. Little things like how quiet the windows are to roll up/down.
Old 01-05-16, 07:47 AM
jackgong
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is in the tool area near the spare tire.
Old 01-05-16, 07:56 AM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Samour
No wheel locks yet. I was at lexus of pleasanton yesterday( even willing to pay for wheel locks). The service advisor told me that they don't even have a part number for it.
Mine didn't come with wheel locks since it was the 1st batch RX. Now they come with 'preferred accessory package' which included the wheel locks. However, I got it installed for free when I got the car. Here is the part the dealer used

Old 01-31-16, 04:49 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jackgong
Mine is in the tool area near the spare tire.
Mine has the locks but no key. We looked around the spare tire area and didn't see anything but the tire and a storage bin.
Previous models had a small tool kit and a jack.
Old 01-31-16, 06:15 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just picked up my 2016 Friday so thought I would check the trunk by the spare tire since I have the preferred accessory package. Wheel lock key was there, but noticed no tool kit as I had in my 2010 and 2013, even though a space for it near the wheel lock key. Guess we don't get one, as even the manual doesn't have it listed.

Speaking of $299 preferred accessory package, individual prices are cargo mat $105, wheel locks $80, cargo net $49 and key gloves $10 which adds up to $244. What is the extra $55? Is it the rear bumper protector?
Old 01-31-16, 06:33 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by go3Ds
Just picked up my 2016 Friday so thought I would check the trunk by the spare tire since I have the preferred accessory package. Wheel lock key was there, but noticed no tool kit as I had in my 2010 and 2013, even though a space for it near the wheel lock key. Guess we don't get one, as even the manual doesn't have it listed.

Speaking of $299 preferred accessory package, individual prices are cargo mat $105, wheel locks $80, cargo net $49 and key gloves $10 which adds up to $244. What is the extra $55? Is it the rear bumper protector?
Great question on the extra $55. Is the cargo mat a rubber one or just carpeted?
Old 01-31-16, 06:59 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Great question on the extra $55. Is the cargo mat a rubber one or just carpeted?
Carpet cargo mat is what I got, think that's all you can get with the preferred accessory package.

I'm thinking this may be the extra $55, as I have this on my rear bumper. Not sure though?

http://www.lexus.com/cm-img/accessor...-MY16-0022.jpg

This simple, hard-working bumper protector helps guard against scrapes, dings and scratches. The protector features an injection-molded base topped with a corrosion-resistant stainless-steel plate. Rising from the matte finish of the plate is an embossed, polished Lexus logo.
Old 01-31-16, 07:24 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Carpet cargo mat is what I got, think that's all you can get with the preferred accessory package.

I'm thinking this may be the extra $55, as I have this on my rear bumper. Not sure though?

This simple, hard-working bumper protector helps guard against scrapes, dings and scratches. The protector features an injection-molded base topped with a corrosion-resistant stainless-steel plate. Rising from the matte finish of the plate is an embossed, polished Lexus logo.
Just looked at my bumper protector again and don't think it's the same one as above. Maybe my dealer will know what the extra $55 includes. Hopefully not labor to put on the wheel locks lol.
Old 01-31-16, 08:27 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like that bumper protector. Looks good and protects. I'm going to check that out.
Old 04-20-16, 09:51 AM
easttown
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I said the same thing!

I asked the same question and never got an answer so I didn't order the package. However, I intended to order the wheel locks and forgot. I have them on my 2006, which I sold to my daughter. She doesn't want them. So, maybe I'll ask her to give them back! Question is - are then interchangeable? I've had mine for two weeks and I do love it. Don't know if I have a tool kit or not but I really don't care. I wouldn't know how to use it!

Quick Reply: wheel lock key?