RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

wheel lock key?

Old 04-20-16, 09:58 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by easttown
I asked the same question and never got an answer so I didn't order the package. However, I intended to order the wheel locks and forgot. I have them on my 2006, which I sold to my daughter. She doesn't want them. So, maybe I'll ask her to give them back! Question is - are then interchangeable? I've had mine for two weeks and I do love it. Don't know if I have a tool kit or not but I really don't care. I wouldn't know how to use it!
You should care as if the key is not in the tool kit it makes it really hard to change tires.
Old 04-20-16, 03:01 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 502 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
You should care as if the key is not in the tool kit it makes it really hard to change tires.
The key should be in it's own spot next to the jack. You have to fold the tray then lift the back end to see the jack.

It's in the owner's manual.
Old 04-20-16, 06:09 PM
easttown
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I said the same thing!

Originally Posted by RXOwner

Well, I can't change the tires, anyway. So, I would have to call someone to do it. And, I'm trying to find out if the wheel locks are interchangeable with a 2006. If so, I will get the locks off the 2006 I sold to my daughter, since she doesn't want the locks. However, I still couldn't change the tires, with or without the tools. But, your comment is well taken. Someone will have to have those tools, if they are needed and if I don't have them, then we are both out of luck. I'm sure they are in the car. Lexus wouldn't have let me drive away without them - not the dealership I do business with, anyway.
Old 04-21-16, 02:06 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
The key should be in it's own spot next to the jack. You have to fold the tray then lift the back end to see the jack.

It's in the owner's manual.
You are telling the wrong person.

I know when're my tire lock key is located.
Old 04-21-16, 07:06 AM
easttown
Driver School Candidate

I obviously didn't make myself very clear. I don't need a key, because I don't have the wheel locks. I want to know if the locks are interchangeable between a 2006 RX350h and a 2016 RX450h. If they are, I will get the locks (along with the key) back from my daughter, to whom I sold the 2006, because she doesn't want them and I will put them on my own car. Otherwise, I will buy them from Lexus. I asked this question as a stand alone question in the forum and so far, no one has answered. Maybe someone reading this one (since someone IS reading it) will know.
Old 04-21-16, 09:11 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 502 Likes on 360 Posts

I obviously didn't make myself very clear. I don't need a key, because I don't have the wheel locks. I want to know if the locks are interchangeable between a 2006 RX350h and a 2016 RX450h. If they are, I will get the locks (along with the key) back from my daughter, to whom I sold the 2006, because she doesn't want them and I will put them on my own car. Otherwise, I will buy them from Lexus. I asked this question as a stand alone question in the forum and so far, no one has answered. Maybe someone reading this one (since someone IS reading it) will know.
Yes, the Lug nuts are interchangeable, hence so are the locking lug nuts.
Old 04-21-16, 09:53 AM
easttown
Driver School Candidate

Thank you so much. I kinda thought they would be, but since the tires are a little different (even though both are 18") I wasn't sure. And, I didn't want to try to change them and find out they weren't. Not sure what my dealer would have said so I tried the forum first. I really appreciate your help.
Old 04-21-16, 12:50 PM
GRJFER
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you so much. I kinda thought they would be, but since the tires are a little different (even though both are 18") I wasn't sure. And, I didn't want to try to change them and find out they weren't. Not sure what my dealer would have said so I tried the forum first. I really appreciate your help.
Your tires make no difference. The lug nuts and wheel locks are what hold the wheels to the hubs.
Old 04-22-16, 02:44 PM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Wheel lug nut locks are a waste of money and can easily be removed without the key.

Old 04-23-16, 12:05 PM
sushiboiii
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what he said^ and a master key can be easily purchased from parts
Old 04-24-16, 09:20 PM
Vincent05
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't use wheel locks anymore as the video posted. If someone wants your rims or tires, they can take it easily, the locks are a waste of money.
Old 04-25-16, 11:45 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by sushiboiii
what he said^ and a master key can be easily purchased from parts
There is no master key. Just 10 different key options. But if I buy a car with wheel locks, I replace them with standard lug nuts.
Old 04-25-16, 09:03 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by offroad200
There is no master key. Just 10 different key options. But if I buy a car with wheel locks, I replace them with standard lug nuts.
I will proabably do the same when I swap out wheels.
Old 04-28-16, 03:26 PM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azinn
Wheel lug nut locks are a waste of money and can easily be removed without the key.

How To Remove Wheel Locks Without A key, In Under 50 seconds. - YouTube
yikes that is scary to know how fast it is to take off the wheels with locks
Old 05-02-18, 08:54 PM
gopalga12
Driver School Candidate

Default wheel lock key

I have RX350 2017. I was looking for the wheel lock key but could not find it. I like to know whether it is located in the vehicle

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wheel lock key?