RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lexus Remote App

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-15, 02:00 PM
3richard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Remote App

Anyone using the remote app on their phone?
Any tips for the newbies?

I have downloaded the app and gone through the registration process. Have not used it yet.
Old 12-27-15, 06:00 PM
dfc350
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've used it quite a bit. It's pretty straightforward and works well. The Vehicle Finder came in handy a few nights ago when we parked in another city. The map shows two points, your car and your current location. I could watch my current location change as I walked and it guided us right to the car.
Old 12-28-15, 01:37 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

So far it work great. It has reminded me on several occasions that I failed to lock the doors or left a window open in the garage. Have not used the remote start or the guest driver/valet mode as I have no need. I also used the find my car feature when I had to park out is a huge parking lot during the Christmas rich and it worked very well.

It is well installing.
Old 12-28-15, 06:35 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remote Start - apparently after 10 minutes the engine turns off. I was disappointed to read this however I understand maybe why it's programmed that way. Someone could easily start the engine remotely and forget about it, for example. In MA during the winter, we occasionally get an ice storm which might deposit 1/8" or more of ice on the windshield and other windows. Typically, this may take more than 10 minutes to clear especially if you don't use an ice scrapper. I guess I'll just have to restart the engine again after 10 minutes by setting an alarm on my iPhone.

Does anyone know if the Carista app can change the 10 minute setting?

Last edited by Macs4RX; 12-28-15 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Added new content
Old 12-28-15, 07:50 AM
2016 RX350
10th Gear

Remote start is ok it just a pain that you have to keep entering your pin number every time. The app needs to be updated to allow touch ID.
Old 12-28-15, 09:29 AM
Pyt
Driver School Candidate

I've only used it for remote starts which does the job. My only gripe is that there's a noticeable lag to execute any of the commands. I likely won't extend it past the trial period.
Old 12-28-15, 11:49 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pyt
I've only used it for remote starts which does the job. My only gripe is that there's a noticeable lag to execute any of the commands. I likely won't extend it past the trial period.
It is not like having remote start on the key fob. The app uses the internet to send a message to the vehicle to start the car. Should not take more than a minute. For me the cost is worth it just for reminding me to lock the doors. Good guns are not cheap.
Old 12-29-15, 04:24 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by attitudeda
Remote start is ok it just a pain that you have to keep entering your pin number every time. The app needs to be updated to allow touch ID.
Agreed. It is a nuisance that it is constantly asking for the pin, and not just when you open it. The app also forgets your account information about once every three or four weeks. Definitely seems like a work-in-progress rather than a completed app/system. I agree with the other comments regarding the delays when requesting remote start or remote lock/unlock. You have to plan ahead. It also often reports back that the network is not available and two or three attempts are required. Overall, it works but a bit quirky - at least with an iPhone on Verizon network.
Old 12-30-15, 01:50 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

The enforcement app has worked well for me. Only been asked for the pin for a second time, one time. The app has never failed to work with all functions except the valet which I have not used yet.
Old 01-06-16, 09:05 PM
ScorpLexus
Driver School Candidate

Guys.. my remote app is only showing registration pending ever since the authorization code was put. I tried calling SOS but to no avail..

Anyone knows how to fix this?
Old 01-06-16, 09:30 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by ScorpLexus
Guys.. my remote app is only showing registration pending ever since the authorization code was put. I tried calling SOS but to no avail..

I heard you can't have any dashes in your name thing. It extends the pending process.
Old 01-06-16, 09:53 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine took a while as well... also, make sure you download the Lexus Enform "Remote" app as well as the Lexus Enform "App Suite" and log into both while the car is on. The latter I think is needed to activate the apps like Pandora, etc.
Old 01-06-16, 10:45 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was pending for couple hours when I was at home that whole time. Then I noticed a suggestion from the app saying that it may be pending because the car is in a place with poor reception or something. Then I drove the car outside for dinner and it was finally activated on the way.
Old 01-07-16, 01:33 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

I had to use the SOS number and within minutes got a text, I think, that told me that it had been activated. Has worked perfectly, even in the garage. Have used all the functions except the valet. I have trusted the Ruth Chris people though I did check the location and to make sure it was locked.
Old 01-07-16, 07:29 AM
ScorpLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
Mine took a while as well... also, make sure you download the Lexus Enform "Remote" app as well as the Lexus Enform "App Suite" and log into both while the car is on. The latter I think is needed to activate the apps like Pandora, etc.
Thanks guys! It worked..

So, I tried everything that was suggested. Even though vehicle nick name did not have any special characters I still changed it. Finally as it was told by EXP_Cougar, I added the Enform App Suite in my phone. When I sat in the RX later, it showed an update needs to happen to Lexus Enform in the vehicle. I let that update go through and soon after that got the email that remote has been activated

In the whole process I realized that Lexus needs to have a documented process that lists all the steps that needs to be followed to have it activated. In my case SOS folks didn't help me fix it; all they kept saying was start the car for 15 mins keep it idle and off the engine for a minute and on it for another 15 mins . I did the same steps so many times to no luck.

Kudos to this forum and hope it keeps helping fellow Lexus owners

Quick Reply: Lexus Remote App