RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-16, 05:17 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree all rx350 should come with triple LED like the MDX. But would you be ok if Lexus increase +$1500 to rx350 base price if they include the Triple LED. You know they don't give anything away. Just like the 2017 rx350 come with the safety system but it was $650 more than 2016. Either way they will get our money.
Old 01-06-17, 06:14 PM
deeb187
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED headlights

Originally Posted by rc11214
Hi everybody. My dealer said F Sports can't get Triple Beam LED headlights. However, I see this available on the Lexus Build site. Anyone out there have this option? Thanks!
​​​​​
i have a 2017 NX F Sport and it definitely has triple beam LED headlights.
Old 01-06-17, 06:19 PM
deeb187
Driver School Candidate

Default LED headlights

Originally Posted by NickL
You guys with the triple beam LED, is it a AWD?
Haven't seen any F-Sport AWD with triple beam LED in any dealer inventory around me.
Mine have both those options and Navigation. I love it
Old 01-17-17, 08:15 AM
apex47
Rookie

I was considering the triple beam LEDs until I saw this report below. Seems the triple beams are strictly for looks but not so much illumination.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/veh.../rx-4-door-suv

Click on left tab "Headlights" which compares all 3 options:
  • Bi-LED Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System package - Rating: Acceptable
  • Premium Triple-Beam LED Headlamp package - Rating: Marginal
  • Stock LED projector - Rating: Marginal
The beam path is far greater on the Bi-LEDs and the triple doesn't have the adaptive feature for turning. The triple as adaptive fogs I believe but only at slow speeds or turn signals.

Last edited by apex47; 01-17-17 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-17-17, 09:29 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

You're a little late to the game here. We all know this.

Originally Posted by apex47
I was considering the triple beam LEDs until I saw this report below. Seems the triple beams are strictly for looks but not so much illumination.

• Bi-LED Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System package - Rating: Acceptable
The beam path is far greater on the Bi-LEDs and the triple doesn't have the adaptive feature for turning. The triple as adaptive fogs I believe but only at slow speeds or turn signals.
Old 01-17-17, 09:49 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

apex47, we have a discussion about IIHS top picks including their rating of the LED headlights over here. This thread is talking about LED headlight availability on the F-Sport.
Old 01-17-17, 10:07 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

You should not get the triple beams. I like things one of a kind and you live in SD, if you get it, we'll both have triple beams and what if I come to SD for a trip and see your car there. My car won't be one of a kind anymore.

But seriously, if that was the reason you aren't going to get it, look at the other topic, we talk about the pros vs the cons and there are way more PROS than cons.
Old 01-17-17, 10:58 PM
apex47
Rookie

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
You should not get the triple beams. I like things one of a kind and you live in SD, if you get it, we'll both have triple beams and what if I come to SD for a trip and see your car there. My car won't be one of a kind anymore.

But seriously, if that was the reason you aren't going to get it, look at the other topic, we talk about the pros vs the cons and there are way more PROS than cons.
What other thread are you referring to? I tried to do a search and didn't find one that had pros and cons of the triple beam other than looks.
Old 01-18-17, 05:07 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

What other thread are you referring to? I tried to do a search and didn't find one that had pros and cons of the triple beam other than looks.
I know it's in one of the long threads. I tried finding it too but couldn't

Quickly:

Triple beam increases resale value

If you're a guy, the look is way more masculine and menacing with a car that is meant as a family car for women

Light output may be decreased than bi-led's but there is no glare according to the study. When you raise the headlight a little, the light shines further up the road with minimal glare increasing the visibility.

The light is very widespread so having directional headlights are unnecessary because it already lights up the road

The most important thing is the LED turn signals. This alone is very eye catching and safe for other driver to see you in their lane. ALso it looks amazing.

So although the light output may not be as great, it is still plenty bright enough to safely see on the road.
The following users liked this post:
amcohen (11-03-18)
Old 01-18-17, 09:18 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

The link was in my post.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...fety-pick.html
Old 01-18-17, 03:25 PM
nas2344
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom74

Fully loaded RX 350 F-Sports. I love Triple LED Headlight!
yup I got my triple LED with my loaded F sport too
Old 01-22-17, 08:56 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have them on our FSport as well. They look so much better than the standard headlights. They are a must IMO.
Old 08-17-17, 08:37 AM
swage
Driver School Candidate

Default Triple beam headlights

Is there a physical difference between the triple beam headlights w/o adaptive vs. the triple beam headlights with adaptive?
Old 08-17-17, 09:11 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by swage
Is there a physical difference between the triple beam headlights w/o adaptive vs. the triple beam headlights with adaptive?
NO - because Triple LED beam does NOT have adaptive feature.
Old 08-17-17, 09:41 AM
swage
Driver School Candidate

When you look at the Lexus web site for headlight it list two different part number for the headlight;
81110-0E280 - With led triple beam. With adaptive headlamps. Triple beam, with auto high-beam.
81110-0E290 - With led triple beam. Without adaptive headlamps. Triple beam, without auto high-beam.

Quick Reply: Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?