RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-16, 01:13 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

I wouldn't lord it over non-LED owners quite yet:

HIDs are just as bright and the light dispersion for high beam is better. Also HID has the benefit of turning headlights although that's not in the 2016 RX. Plus the cost for replacing the LED headlight that went out is going to be enormous.
Old 08-05-16, 02:44 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Is there really a question to which one looks cooler? It's not even close. The Bi-LED looks more for women to me.

Last edited by Bearcat; 08-05-16 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-05-16, 02:51 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

They have bi xenon right? .
No, standard headlights are Bi-LED
Old 08-05-16, 02:52 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Is there really a question to which one looks cooler? It's not even close. The HID looks more for women to me.

It's not HID
Old 08-05-16, 04:20 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I wouldn't lord it over non-LED owners quite yet:

HIDs are just as bright and the light dispersion for high beam is better. Also HID has the benefit of turning headlights although that's not in the 2016 RX. Plus the cost for replacing the LED headlight that went out is going to be enormous.
Oh wow! GOod to know for those regular folks.

Also, there was a topic on the LED replacement, they said the LEDS would out live the car for how long the light output lasts. Something like if you leave it on 24/7 it lasts 10 years or something?

And with the cornering head lamps plus the fog lights, it is still very bright when cornering. Would have loved it to turn and go up and down like they do in Japan though.
Old 08-06-16, 08:41 AM
t4tran
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LED will last longer than HID guaranteed.
Old 08-08-16, 10:45 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Oh wow! GOod to know for those regular folks.

Also, there was a topic on the LED replacement, they said the LEDS would out live the car for how long the light output lasts. Something like if you leave it on 24/7 it lasts 10 years or something?

And with the cornering head lamps plus the fog lights, it is still very bright when cornering. Would have loved it to turn and go up and down like they do in Japan though.
Yeah LEDs will technically outlast the car and still provide a lot of output, but that's what they said about fluorescent lights for homes. And I have replaced plenty of those lights...also it'll be at least 4X as expensive to replace LED lights if not more.

The LED cornering lights help, but they are definitely not as cool as my old RX where the car looks left and right. My LED lights go up and down though? Does yours not do that at startup?
Old 08-08-16, 12:19 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah LEDs will technically outlast the car and still provide a lot of output, but that's what they said about fluorescent lights for homes. And I have replaced plenty of those lights...also it'll be at least 4X as expensive to replace LED lights if not more.

The LED cornering lights help, but they are definitely not as cool as my old RX where the car looks left and right. My LED lights go up and down though? Does yours not do that at startup?
Yes! Auto leveling.

WHen i'm on a hill, I'll see that the headlights go down a little bit as well.

True! Afraid with what the LED replacement would cost.. but we will let future chris and future eric san worry about that
Old 08-08-16, 12:34 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Yes! Auto leveling.

WHen i'm on a hill, I'll see that the headlights go down a little bit as well.

True! Afraid with what the LED replacement would cost.. but we will let future chris and future eric san worry about that
It's scary, the triple LED option alone is $1615. And since there's three in each light probability-wise it's more like to break than BMW/Mercedes 2-light system. But it is a Lexus so hopefully they will hold up...
Old 08-08-16, 03:42 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

It's scary, the triple LED option alone is $1615. And since there's three in each light probability-wise it's more like to break than BMW/Mercedes 2-light system. But it is a Lexus so hopefully they will hold up...
No problems in 6+ years with the triple beam LED headlights on my '10 450h. And that's about what I paid for them.
Old 08-31-16, 01:04 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rc11214
Hi everybody. My dealer said F Sports can't get Triple Beam LED headlights. However, I see this available on the Lexus Build site. Anyone out there have this option? Thanks!
They are likely trying to sell you one already on their lot NOT equipped with Triple Beams or the salesperson clearly needs to go back to get some immediate product training. I special ordered my 450H F Sport with the Triple Beams. In my opinion, these upgraded headlights absolutely make the vehicle. The base headlamps look like they belong on a 2014 Camry. Yuck!

Attached Thumbnails Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?-lexy3.0c.jpg   Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?-lexy3.0b.jpg  
Old 08-31-16, 01:11 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
No problems in 6+ years with the triple beam LED headlights on my '10 450h. And that's about what I paid for them.
I second that Anita... I also upgraded the headlights when I special ordered my 2010 RX 450H back then. I never had a single issue in the 6 years I owned her... The upgraded lights dramatically change the look of the vehicle and make it look even more expensive.
Attached Thumbnails Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?-lexyfrontview2010.jpg  
Old 10-16-16, 12:44 PM
lexaz24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mx5mike
I have a ultra white/red awd 350 f sport with all options. Triple beam, safety system +, pano roof, hud, and everything else that you could get. In fact my local dealer only had loaded f sports on the lot at the Tacoma Wa dealership. My second RX and 3rd Lexus and by far the best so far, and I love it.
Do your triple beams move when you turn...just trying to figure out if they have Adaptive Front Lighting System?

I am building a GS with this option...trying to justify the cost lolol
Old 10-16-16, 12:58 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexaz24
Do your triple beams move when you turn...just trying to figure out if they have Adaptive Front Lighting System?

I am building a GS with this option...trying to justify the cost lolol
No, they only move up and down. You get a little LED light near the fog lights that light up when you turn or use your signal light. Definitely helps
Old 10-16-16, 01:11 PM
lexaz24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, they only move up and down. You get a little LED light near the fog lights that light up when you turn or use your signal light. Definitely helps

Thanks I'm gonna add these to my build. definitely look nice

Quick Reply: Triple Beam LED headlights on F-Sport?