RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 02:22 PM
HenryNYC
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by btghostown
Any good place to order the OEM Genuine RUNNING BOARDS / STEPS PT938-48161 ? lowest i can found is $525 shipped
Maybe try printing out the price from the link I provided on where I got mine from (Lexus of Queens) and go to your local dealership. See if they will match.
Old 07-12-16, 02:15 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2016 RX F Sport Integrated Running Boards

Sharing a few pics of the running boards, mud guards and LED door sills. All original Lexus parts installed at the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-lexy-sidesteps.jpg   Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-lexysidesteps2.jpg   Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-lexydoorsills.jpg  
Old 07-14-16, 11:45 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

How much was the total bill?
Old 07-14-16, 01:40 PM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
My dealer told me today that the running boards were discontinued as an option. Not sure if that means they won't be available at all but it won't be part of my special order. Oh well.
Not true. They will not come installed from the factory. The dealer will install them after delivery at a nice mark-up, of course!

It's the dealer's way of making extra profit from each new car sale.

Last edited by JosersRX; 07-14-16 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-14-16, 03:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by JosersRX
Not true. They will not come installed from the factory. The dealer will install them after delivery at a nice mark-up, of course!

It's the dealer's way of making extra profit from each new car sale.
JosersRX, that post was back in January. Lexus had the side steps listed as an option when I placed the special order in late December. But I found out shortly after that they were discontinued. A bad word to use IMO because it implies no longer available. And they were probably installed at port or at the dealer like other options.

Extra profit? Definitely. The side steps were listed for $80. I checked online in March and found them online, parts only, for around $500.

Enjoy yours.
Old 07-15-16, 11:47 PM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to get the running boards install in a few weeks, $549 for parts and $363 for labor
Old 07-19-16, 09:30 AM
mikli
Rookie

Originally Posted by JosersRX
Sharing a few pics of the running boards, mud guards and LED door sills. All original Lexus parts installed at the dealer.
The running boards looks good with the doors closed and F sport! I can't decide!
Old 07-19-16, 09:42 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikli
The running boards looks good with the doors closed and F sport! I can't decide!
Can't decide on what? Running boards or getting an F Sport?

The Lexus OEM running boards are sleek, modern and actually compliment the F Sport front fascia nicely. They look like they are meant to be there. They are rather expensive but they provide value and utility in a handsome way.
Old 07-20-16, 10:38 AM
HenryNYC
Rookie

For what its worth. If you're a DIY kinda of guy. It's not hard to install the boards. Just note that you will need to get yourself a Rivnut tool ($50-$100). Don't skimp out and make a do it yourself one that you may see on youtube and what not. Save yourself the dealer install charges that seems to be in the $400 range.
Old 07-30-16, 06:04 PM
t4tran
Rookie

Mine was the first one the dealer installed. They told me it was quite hard installing it. Very nice addition to the car! I had a 300 dollar service credit with Lexus and 10% coupon off accessory from dealer so I end up paying 540 including taxes for everything installed. Thanks par place grapevine!

Old 08-11-16, 12:07 PM
joeshome
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone install running boards

I had running boards installed by the dealer when I purchased my RX in April. They are great.

Joeshome
Old 08-16-16, 08:57 AM
iAlvinK
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Picture of Running Boards

Here's a couple pictures of my 2016 RX350 with running boards. I think it gives it a sleek and sporty look.
Attached Thumbnails Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-2016rx3501.jpg   Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-2016rx350.jpg  

Last edited by iAlvinK; 08-18-16 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-26-16, 08:40 PM
Mauirx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HenryNYC
For what its worth. If you're a DIY kinda of guy. It's not hard to install the boards. Just note that you will need to get yourself a Rivnut tool ($50-$100). Don't skimp out and make a do it yourself one that you may see on youtube and what not. Save yourself the dealer install charges that seems to be in the $400 range.
1st post here, I'm a brand new member of the Lexus family
i just ordered running boards for my RX and one of the joys of living in paradise is no one stocks a Rivnut tool here so I gotta order one
does anyone know what size Rivnut's does it use?

also I read the factory install instructions somewhere on the forums but like a dummy I didn't bookmark it, does anyone know how to find it
thanks
Old 08-26-16, 08:47 PM
Philthy84
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mauirx
1st post here, I'm a brand new member of the Lexus family
i just ordered running boards for my RX and one of the joys of living in paradise is no one stocks a Rivnut tool here so I gotta order one
does anyone know what size Rivnut's does it use?

also I read the factory install instructions somewhere on the forums but like a dummy I didn't bookmark it, does anyone know how to find it
thanks
Here is the thread with the instructions for installation. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...f-sport-2.html
Old 08-26-16, 09:41 PM
Mauirx
Driver School Candidate

Found it
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...tructions.html

Quick Reply: Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)