RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-15, 07:42 AM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
We've been driving around the new RX over the weekend since purchasing last Wesnesday and we noticed a fizzing/hissing sound coming from the engine bay while the climate control is on. Particularly when it is set to auto whether AC is on or not. I thought it was the AC compressor but I'm not sure if it is because it is constant and quite noticeable while idling at a traffic light and it also elicited a comment from my wife. If I turn off the climate control/fan off entirely the sound goes away shortly after. Does anyone else experience this? I have an FSport 350 and was wondering if this was by design or if it's an issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I wanted to add that when initially turning on the climate control the sound is not present, but as we proceed with the trip (around 25 min) and come to a stop you can hear the sound hissing fizzing like a loud carbonated soda. We hear the sound from inside the car. I haven't opened up the hood while the sound is audible but will try that the next opportunity I get.
Old 12-01-15, 07:47 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I wanted to add that when initially turning on the climate control the sound is not present, but as we proceed with the trip (around 25 min) and come to a stop you can hear the sound hissing fizzing like a loud carbonated soda. We hear the sound from inside the car. I haven't opened up the hood while the sound is audible but will try that the next opportunity I get.
That's a feature. "While appreciating the comfort of adjustable climate control on the new 2016, relax and enjoy the sounds of loud carbonated soda."
Old 12-01-15, 08:11 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I can not hear this hissing on my RX even when the air is run for more than an hour.
Old 12-01-15, 08:40 AM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No sound coming from my AC, but I am starting to get rattles...not good for a new car...
Old 12-02-15, 11:42 AM
joe311
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought it was just mines that had this sound. I also hear this like gargling sound. I thought it was the fan motor was loose or something.
Old 12-02-15, 01:16 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Are these gargling sounds on a 350 or a 450 because I believe they are different units.
Old 12-02-15, 02:54 PM
joe311
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Are these gargling sounds on a 350 or a 450 because I believe they are different units.
it's on the 350. I believe it's the same sound. Soda fizzing, gargling, what ever you may call it. it's really faint and barely noticeable to some. It goes away completely when i turn off the vents. I tried to narrow it down to each vent but it sounds the same which ever it is blowing from.
Old 12-02-15, 03:12 PM
bdspilot
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone think that the lift gate motor is loud on their 16 RX, Mine seems quite a bit louder than my 13 i just traded in?
Old 12-03-15, 03:58 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Mine seems about the same compared to my 2012 RX.
Old 12-03-15, 10:19 AM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Any one experience rattle on their RX? Mine seems to be coming from the passenger side and front dash.
Old 12-03-15, 11:40 AM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Originally Posted by joe311
it's on the 350. I believe it's the same sound. Soda fizzing, gargling, what ever you may call it. it's really faint and barely noticeable to some. It goes away completely when i turn off the vents. I tried to narrow it down to each vent but it sounds the same which ever it is blowing from.
Yes the gargling is a more accurate description. Have you noticed if there is any fluid leaking below the car? I didn't see anything to indicate a leak.
Old 12-03-15, 11:42 AM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS
Any one experience rattle on their RX? Mine seems to be coming from the passenger side and front dash.
I have noticed a rattle/buzzing sound coming from the passenger vanity mirror sunshade. If I pull it down slightly it stops. If I press it up and hold it against the ceiling it stops as well. Not sure if you tried that but let me know if that is consistent with where I found it!
Old 12-04-15, 03:49 AM
bdspilot
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The volume is very low when using bluetooth to play songs from my iPhone. I have to play at max volume and it is still not loud enough at highway speeds. If I use cable volume is normal.
The following users liked this post:
FN_Darknes (12-17-17)
Old 12-04-15, 05:14 AM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bdspilot
The volume is very low when using bluetooth to play songs from my iPhone. I have to play at max volume and it is still not loud enough at highway speeds. If I use cable volume is normal.
Could be an issue with iOS actually…

I used to have similar issue during iOS 9 betas (3RX though…). I was "fixing" that by "pinging" iPhone from my AppleWatch.

Volume was returning to normal after iPhone was making a sound by itself - a message alert, a phone call etc. Pinging it from AppleWatch, which results in iPhone producing an alert, so it can be found by sound in case you lost it, was the fastest way to fix the issue.

The issues SEEMS to have been fixed by now, but who knows if all cases were taken care of… You can try to call/msg your iPhone and see if the above potential solution works.
Old 12-04-15, 08:22 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee
Could be an issue with iOS actuallyÂ…

I used to have similar issue during iOS 9 betas (3RX thoughÂ…). I was "fixing" that by "pinging" iPhone from my AppleWatch.

Volume was returning to normal after iPhone was making a sound by itself - a message alert, a phone call etc. Pinging it from AppleWatch, which results in iPhone producing an alert, so it can be found by sound in case you lost it, was the fastest way to fix the issue.

The issues SEEMS to have been fixed by now, but who knows if all cases were taken care ofÂ… You can try to call/msg your iPhone and see if the above potential solution works.
Man, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. It was the most frustrating thing.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)