RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-17, 11:54 PM
msh3l
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if this was mentioned before,

In Sport & Sport+ modes the car will continue to run in AWD even at very high speeds,

while in Eco & Normal it will change to FWD at 30 - 40 MPH.
Old 03-21-17, 03:31 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a full list somewhere with all the available dealer customization options?
Old 03-21-17, 05:18 PM
Old300
Driver School Candidate

The list is located in your owners manual, section 8-2 beginning on page 607. Some features are user customizable, others are dealer customizable. There is at least 1 feature shown as dealer customizable which is apparently not customizable at all, according to my dealer, Lexus of Portland. It is the feature to change the Auto Wipers to Intermittent. Lexus of Portland was not able to find that as a customizable feature. There may be other items shown as customizable in error.
Old 03-21-17, 06:08 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Thanks. I actually haven't taken delivery yet and was hoping to read through the options and have the dealer complete my requests before I take delivery.

Originally Posted by Old300
The list is located in your owners manual, section 8-2 beginning on page 607. Some features are user customizable, others are dealer customizable. There is at least 1 feature shown as dealer customizable which is apparently not customizable at all, according to my dealer, Lexus of Portland. It is the feature to change the Auto Wipers to Intermittent. Lexus of Portland was not able to find that as a customizable feature. There may be other items shown as customizable in error.
Old 03-21-17, 06:16 PM
Old300
Driver School Candidate

Here is a link to customizable settings: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RXh_with_nav_LPS.pdf
The following users liked this post:
StephyKay (03-21-17)
Old 03-27-17, 09:40 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I got the 4WD RX 350 stuck on a steep dirt hill this weekend at a State Park. I even tried locking the differentials beforehand, but no luck and i just ran out of traction. So, i just backed up and proceeded with more speed before attacking the hill and i eventually made it...
Old 03-28-17, 08:12 AM
Nogee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Maximize CD player

Not necessarily new.... The CD player in the Lexus can read different file formats. I've copied 300+ MP3 files (20+ hrs of music) onto a DVD (higher capacity than a CD). I play the DVD using the shuffle mode in the CD player and get a good alternative to the radio or music on my iPhone or iPod. Check out the manual to see what other file formats the CD player can play.

When I burn the files onto the DVD, I copy the files as data files rather than "create a music CD".
Old 03-28-17, 09:58 AM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Nogee
Not necessarily new.... The CD player in the Lexus can read different file formats. I've copied 300+ MP3 files (20+ hrs of music) onto a DVD (higher capacity than a CD). I play the DVD using the shuffle mode in the CD player and get a good alternative to the radio or music on my iPhone or iPod. Check out the manual to see what other file formats the CD player can play.

When I burn the files onto the DVD, I copy the files as data files rather than "create a music CD".
It's a lot faster and more efficient to just use a USB flash drive to play the MP3s. DVD capacity is only 4.7GB (8 GB if you get the dual density ones), but you can easily get 16 - 64GB USB sticks for real cheap. Not to mention it's a lot faster to transfer the files onto the USB drive compared to burning the DVDs.

The head unit is capable of playing MP3 and certain M4A (AAC) files natively; but just remember that each folder has to be 100 files or less, otherwise it will ignore the other songs on there.
Old 03-29-17, 02:49 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Was bored at a red light today and discovered that the panoramic view provides an alternative curb view (right side) when you fold the mirrors while the cameras are activated.
Old 04-11-17, 12:18 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Had a software update and now when putting the transmission on rear (backwards), the side mirrors move inwards and downwards to better see if there are obstacles close to the vehicle, and come back to their previous position when moving back to Drive.
Old 04-11-17, 12:21 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by PeeVee
Had a software update and now when putting the transmission on rear (backwards), the side mirrors move inwards and downwards to better see if there are obstacles close to the vehicle, and come back to their previous position when moving back to Drive.
You can actually adjust how the mirrors move when in reverse, nothing to do with software update. While in reverse, make the desired adjustments and set it in your seat memory.
Old 04-11-17, 12:26 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
You can actually adjust how the mirrors move when in reverse, nothing to do with software update. While in reverse, make the desired adjustments and set it in your seat memory.
They were not moving before... Possibly it was configured by default differently before, or I did not have the feature before.

They did software updates due to my rear camera not showing the guiding lines most of the time... They even changed after the whole console at first, no result. They then changed the rear camera, still not resolved.

I noticed the change in the side mirrors after the software change.
Old 04-11-17, 01:18 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

PeeVee, it's not part of the update. You have to press the R or L button on the driver side door to get the mirrors to move down in reverse. Press the button again to turn it off, like when there's ice caught inside the mirror housing. I had to do that a few times this past winter.
Old 04-11-17, 02:30 PM
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Subscribed

I have read all 28 pages and picked up some good info. I also subscribed to keep up with anything new.
Old 04-11-17, 05:49 PM
Thivi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys:

I have been trying to figure out why the rear camera guide lines has a squiggly center line on my display. I can post a pic of this, the center line (blue) looks like someone hand drew it. I showed it to the dealer in Savannah and we looked at a similar RX loaner car and it had the same issue, although the loaner center squiggly line was not as bad as mine. The dealer of course didn't have any answers, but this obviously a software issue that should be updated. Any of you have have similar issue or found a solution, please share. I will post a pic of this tomorrow. Thanks.

Cheers, Thivi

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)