RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-16, 12:23 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRxh
Coin box? Are you referring to the "tissue holder" on the far right under the vent? LOL A kleenex packet fits in there perfectly!

Then there's the "hidden" cell phone holder under the palm rest. I can't imagine which phone would actually fit in there. The wife saw it and said, "Oh good. Now I can keep my lip balm and eye drops in there." Sigh.
Works well for grocery store reward cards too and all the other small stuff that fit in the 3GR small box.
Old 05-03-16, 11:35 AM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure which thread I read it but on your first service, you can request to have your dealership to set up the remote start and the windows/sunroof opening up using the fob...at no additional cost. But if you try to request it after the first service, it will cost.
So whoever posted that....THANKS!!!

Note: there are other features you can request but these were the only ones I remembered from the thread.
Old 05-03-16, 02:47 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by brxsilva
Not sure which thread I read it but on your first service, you can request to have your dealership to set up the remote start and the windows/sunroof opening up using the fob...at no additional cost. But if you try to request it after the first service, it will cost.
So whoever posted that....THANKS!!!

Note: there are other features you can request but these were the only ones I remembered from the thread.
They didn't give me the Lexus Personalized Settings list and I wasn't able to find it on drivers.lexus.com - how was LPS done for oyu?
Old 05-03-16, 04:22 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
They didn't give me the Lexus Personalized Settings list and I wasn't able to find it on drivers.lexus.com - how was LPS done for oyu?
LPS is in the FAQ thread.
Old 05-04-16, 12:16 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by kitlz
LPS is in the FAQ thread.
Thanks, I guess I missed it. Here is the 450h one to add to the FAQ:
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY1...on-Display.pdf

Looks like they are almost identical other than formatting though.
Old 05-04-16, 03:31 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks Eric. The 450h LPS was added to the FAQ thread.
Old 05-04-16, 04:12 PM
clwu
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Within 40 seconds of turning off the engine, move the wiper lever to the "MIST" position and hold for 2 seconds to move the wipers to service position.

Useful for winter and when replacing wipers.
The following 5 users liked this post by clwu:
BriGuy832 (06-14-20), hbc0175 (05-15-17), Hyatt (11-12-19), mishutka (09-24-19), mssca (12-22-17)
Old 05-05-16, 03:52 PM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I didn't even know there was an LPS list. I just asked for the remote start and the windows opening with the FOB based on what I read here somewhere on the forum.
But any way, check out the lost and make sure you request certain features that they can do on your first service so it will be at no charge.
Old 05-05-16, 05:00 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone had previously posted that they were surprised that there was no lock on the fuel filler door. But, in fact, it does lock when the doors lock. When the doors are unlocked you can use the push/pull action to open it.
Old 05-06-16, 07:23 AM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by clwu
Within 40 seconds of turning off the engine, move the wiper lever to the "MIST" position and hold for 2 seconds to move the wipers to service position.

Useful for winter and when replacing wipers.
I had an inkling as to what you were referring but wasn't sure. When I cleaned my windshield I tried to lift the wipers but immediately discovered it couldn't be done and didn't pay anymore attention to it. After reading your comment, I immediately went to the garage and it worked! Thank you for enlightening me-- that's what I love about CL, much useful info. Again thanks.
Old 05-09-16, 10:51 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

having RX from Gen 2 (2008)
there are big improvments
compared to the last RX450H i had (also fully optioned
its miles ahead
intresting things i realised though

*aircon + seat cooler is noisy when turned on together
*you sit lower in the car than the older 2012 model
*HUD has now has 4 different types are gauges
*LED turn signals are cool (like a lambo)
*pano Roof is awsome
*PCS and Radar cruise systems are much more precise and dont go crazy when theres a sharp corner
*LED driving lights have much better cut off than previous models
*electronic rear seats are cool
* but tailgate still operates via button wish there was a sensor operated tail gate
*LKA is still very basic no different from my 2014 GS

other than that im loving it

Oh and my fuel consmption is 6.5 to 100kms old RX was getting 7.4
Old 05-10-16, 05:07 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
having RX from Gen 2 (2008)
there are big improvments
compared to the last RX450H i had (also fully optioned
its miles ahead
intresting things i realised though

*aircon + seat cooler is noisy when turned on together
*you sit lower in the car than the older 2012 model
*HUD has now has 4 different types are gauges
*LED turn signals are cool (like a lambo)
*pano Roof is awsome
*PCS and Radar cruise systems are much more precise and dont go crazy when theres a sharp corner
*LED driving lights have much better cut off than previous models
*electronic rear seats are cool
* but tailgate still operates via button wish there was a sensor operated tail gate
*LKA is still very basic no different from my 2014 GS

other than that im loving it

Oh and my fuel consmption is 6.5 to 100kms old RX was getting 7.4
Are you located in Canada? If yes,

Unfortunately the LKA issue is only isolated too Canada since Lexus Canada decided to charge us more than Lexus USA and not offer us the Lane centering and the all speed radar cruise control.

As for the hatch, you probably have the touchless hatch, if you have the Canadian Executive our F sport RX450.
Old 05-12-16, 06:28 PM
ericsan13
Racer

I did a search on this but didn't find anything. The remote uses CR2032 batteries instead of CR1632 in the 3RX. FYI!
Old 05-15-16, 08:44 AM
pBOMB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Talys1767
A few minor annoyances:

- The nav system doesn't lower the sound of the music when it speaks

- The nav system's full address never seems to work; for example, 1234 Main Street, Vancouver, British Columbia says street address isn't available, but British Columbia, Vancouver, Main Street, 1234 will work.

- an AC plug would have been so nice

- Side bolsters on the sport models can't be adjusted to be tighter/looser, a common feature in luxury sports models.

- I'm not really a fan of the Nav/vehicle menu system joystick; it often goes 2 steps when I want it to go one.

- Not all of the temperature controls are available from the center console. For example, you can't turn Dual on or off. The menu/big screen version if the temperature controls is clunky too. Tthere's a list button beside the defrost, but when you click it, it pops up a screen that just gives you the option to turn defrost off and on.

- Passenger-side memory buttons would have been really nice.

- The car manual should fit into the glove box

- The touchless trunk opener works like poo for me.

- It takes too much clicks to get to the list of songs in a subfolder on a usb stick.

- The Media up/down buttons on the steering wheel works such that DOWN arrow takes the track number down, for example to 3 to beginning of 3, then 2, than 1 But for the Satellite Radio, the DOWN arrow advances the channel, for example from 3 to 4 to 5. I far prefer the down arrow to advance the channel/track, but failing that, it should be consistent.

All pretty minor things. I love the 450H!!
Hey not sure if this had been mentioned but there's a setting where you can change the sensitivity of the joystick to make it tighter so it only moves 1 at a time. If u have trouble finding it let me know and I'll find it again. Somewhere in settings. G luck.
Old 05-24-16, 12:22 PM
Timobi
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear Lift Gate rattle?

Anyone having a rattle from their lift gate? This happened shortly after buying but its gotten worse. Any bump I hit or small road imperfection I get a big loose rattle coming from what appears to be the back lift gate.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)